2014 American adventure (Cheering Thread) - Page 28 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 31st, 2014, 01:54 PM   #406
country flag Asa este

Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all
Re: 2014 Grand Slams & grass adventure (Cheering Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
Sorana made my stomach churn with her rushing the play as if she had a cab to catch outside.
sori felt she has no chance and wanted out of there asap
Asa este is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2014, 04:55 PM   #407
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
Lost interest after the first set and from the scoreline things must have been the same. All those nets, all those balls 1/2m out, rushing on every point when she was supposed to calmly put the ball in the opposite corner... she looked like she had absolutely no idea on what to do in this match. No A plan no B plan, just closed her eyes and her mind and hit the ball.
So disappointed, not because she lost to JJ, but with the manner she did. I`m sure this is not the place or the moment to make comparisons and I`m sorry if I hurt someone`s feelings here, but today, even Irina could put up a better fight and I`m sure she could at least take this match to a third set.

Long and painful qualies, here we come
She has just played like she did against Pereira with the difference that Jankovic, even with her awkward forhand, is still getting enough length on the ball to trouble Sorana on any opportunity to finish the point. Pereira's strokes on the other hand broke down regularly. Sorana simply overpowered her on a clay court.

If you look at both matches in comparison, one is tempted to say that Sorana's inconsistency cost her the match, but in fact it was the superior opponent who did. If Pereira would have been able to keep the ball in play on any rally for 2 or 3 more shots, the result and the match would have been the same.

As I mentioned above, Sorana's game these days is in short 'when hitting hard doesn't work, hit harder'. No point construction, nothing, just rushing it through the middle until your opponent will get short. It makes her look unbeatable on some days and completely local on other days.

Sorana tries to have the result of the match in her hands, but with that monotonous ball clobbing down the middle, she actually achieves the complete opposite.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2014, 09:28 PM   #408
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Final score: 16 26.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2014, 01:48 PM   #409
country flag Langers

Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute

Sooooo much wasted potential. Few players can hit like she does, yet she has no tennis smarts. Real shame.

I guess that's why Halep and Radwanka are remarkable because what they lack in power they make up for in tennis IQ.
Langers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2014, 02:35 PM   #410
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorana withdraws from Birmingham and Eastbourne
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2014, 06:23 PM   #411
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
Thanks for the info.

Withdrawing like this is never good news (especially from the 2nd following tournament, this early) . Get well soon.

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2014, 06:28 PM   #412
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
This really hits me as a surprise.

She didn't look injured in RG at all. Whaat could be the reason for that decision? It must be serious to not play a single warm-up on grass before.
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 02:41 PM   #413

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
This really hits me as a surprise.

She didn't look injured in RG at all. Whaat could be the reason for that decision? It must be serious to not play a single warm-up on grass before.
Before RG , I remember she said smth about having shoulder problems .

So maybe that's that .

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 02:57 PM   #414
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

If I remember correctly, that shoulder problem was present even during Fed Cup back in April. Maybe she just need some time to fully recover.
s0higher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2014, 01:58 PM   #415

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
If I remember correctly, that shoulder problem was present even during Fed Cup back in April. Maybe she just need some time to fully recover.
Yeah. Confirmed through Twitter now :

"Unfortunately had to withdraw from Birmingham and Eastbourne due to a shoulder injury.Thanks for all the support,means the world to me!!!❤️"

https://twitter.com/sorana_cirstea

Old Jun 8th, 2014, 04:36 PM   #416
country flag Curcubeu

Well, this make her poor results appear in another light if those shoulder problems have been bothering her since Fed Cup already.

Let's hope for a quick recovery and a walking bye in Wimbledon R1.
Old Jun 13th, 2014, 03:07 PM   #417

Will play Wimbledon Doubles alongside Kirilenko. http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...=719778&page=2

Last edited by Nightcrawl3r : Jun 13th, 2014 at 05:59 PM.
Old Jun 13th, 2014, 09:57 PM   #418
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like her problems with her shoulder are not negligible. I hope that she will be fine for Wimbledon. She needs to add a few points to her ranking, too.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 03:44 PM   #419
country flag Curcubeu

Sorana entered Baku as the Top Seed instead of Stanford.

I wouldn't call it a desperate move as Baku definitely seems to increase in popularity on the WTA tour, but entering Baku means not entering Stanford with its ligtning fast courts on which Sorana has done exceptionally well in the past. Still, she has SF points to defend there, as well as a Masters final a couple of weeks later.

Her intentions on entering Baku are clear enough in that regard.
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 04:05 PM   #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Sorana entered Baku as the Top Seed instead of Stanford.

Baku is a week before Stanford .