2015 Redemption season (Cheering Thread) - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 6th, 2014, 03:26 PM   #331
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Western Europe adventure (Cheering Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
She should have taken care of this shitfest Petra displayed today. If your opponent gives you 60 UE, you should be able to win the match
Petra hit a lot of unforced errors, but thinking back at how this match went, I would have a hard time as her coach to tell her where she actually lost it. She was tight at the start of the TB, ok, but tactically I think she did everything she could. Could she have served any better? Could she have defended or scrumbled any better? I don't think so.

This match was in Kvitova's hands (as nearly every match she plays) and she was able to just squeeze through. In Canada she wasn't and I'm convinced to say that Sorana played better against her in Madrid than in Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
I think she can still have a good hard court season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by overrule View Post
Let's hope so. She needs to salvage this season - at least get out of the starting gate. Fed cup only bright spot, but that was huge bright spot.

Clay season isn't over yet. She's due for a good French open run. With a good draw, she could make some noise.
She can have a good run everywhere and completely out of the blue.

A bit of luck with the draw, some decent form and you are in for a run. Sorana's scheduling is unconventional in the way that she refuses to play any smaller event which makes it extremely difficult, though.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 10th, 2014, 01:26 PM   #332
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Rome MD:

(1)Serena vs BYE
Oprandi vs Petkovic
Peng vs Lepchenko
Jovanovski vs (16)Stephens
(9)Cibulkova vs Giorgi
Cirstea vs Q
Zhang vs Q
(5)Kvitova vs BYE

(4)Halep vs BYE
Keys vs Riske
Beck vs Venus
Q vs (13)Suarez Navarro
(11)Ivanovic vs Knapp
Cornet vs Flipkens
Q vs Hantuchova
(8)Sharapova vs Bye

(6)Jankovic vs BYE
Kuznetsova vs Kirilenko
Pavlyuchenkova vs Q
Meusberger vs (12)Pennetta
(14)Wozniacki vs Schiavone
Muguruza vs Burnett
Bouchard vs Nara
(3)Radwanska vs BYE

(7)Kerber vs BYE
Pironkova vs Q
Makarova vs Vinci
(10)Errani vs Q
(15)Lisicki vs Stosur
Svitolina vs Vesnina
Rybarukova vs Q
(2)Li vs BYE

Good luck

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #85 - W: Vero Beach, Astana, Antalya I ('14); TT-d: #96 - W: Astana, Landisville w/ Palin6o, Zawada w/ traddles ('14); RUP: Beinasco, Prague w/ Crux S, Contrexeville ('14);
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven; RUP: Acapulco ('14); FITD: #8 - W: Rome, Baku ('14)
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2014, 01:30 PM   #333
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Best result we can only hope is a Second Round here I suppose. So good luck!
Old May 10th, 2014, 02:09 PM   #334
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

If she`s lucky enough to get an easy Q
s0higher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2014, 10:43 PM   #335
country flag scrumm

scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all

This is it. Ground 0 for Simona, she has to take advantage of this thing that's going on with Serena and make semis.
Haide!
scrumm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 05:51 PM   #336
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

She will play McHale and I don't really favour her chances against her right now.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 10:45 PM   #337
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Sorana vs Christina I hate it when 2 of my faves get matched in the first round.

Sori really needs to be on her guard against Christina. Christina has had problems on clay in the past but showed no sign of that in 2 very good sets against Sharapova in Madrid. Couple that with her final run in Acapulco & I think Christina may be on the verge of gaining more consistency & a good breakthrough (again), very possibly Top 30 by the end of the year. She was fabulous in that Acapulco final, and only tiredness from her 3 hour SF prevented her beating Cibulkova in the 3rd of 3 very tight sets. Dare I say it, but her style is starting to remind me more and more of Simona when she's hitting confidently. Very clean striking, good depth on her shots, nice point construction, and a similar level of power. Perhaps not quite the variety of shot that Simona has in her locker, but dangerous all the same.

Sori can be great on her day too though, so may the best girl win.
Old May 13th, 2014, 12:06 PM   #338

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Just lost the first set 63
Old May 13th, 2014, 12:29 PM   #339
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Too bad there`s no stream to see how Sorana is doing or why is she failing to get pass R1 again
Old May 13th, 2014, 01:20 PM   #340

She really needs to consider entering International events.

Except the Fed Cup matches she is now 0-7 in her last 7 matches, with 6 of these loses coming in the opening rounds

I know the big tournaments is the place where the big money is, but she needs to make the step back before it's too late. She sure knows how cold is the wind blowing outside Top 100, when you sometimes lose in qualifying rounds. She's been there before.
Old May 13th, 2014, 01:30 PM   #341
country flag scrumm

scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all

18% break points conversion!
I'm gutted! Sori, please hit that freeking absolute butom already, and start rising!
scrumm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2014, 01:33 PM   #342
country flag CristianB8

CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future

She's a non factor right now
If she keeps it this way, a lot of girls from WTA will pray for an encounter with her in 1st rounds of the tournaments!
This is so bad ...

Simona Halep!
CristianB8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2014, 01:36 PM   #343
country flag UCLA

UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold

Why i`m not surprised.

Come to your senses Sorana. U are losing it girl.

I didn`t want to be her fan, I just ... couldn't resist
UCLA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2014, 01:40 PM   #344
country flag s0higher

What is there to say after this match... My hopes were not that high in the first place, but the way she lost that third set is just incredible for a girl with her potential.
Again, I think she should do something about her coach because if I read her correctly on all those interviews she is not a stupid person at all ! She must know that this road that she`s on will only lead into that "wind blowing" dark forest that "outside top 100" is ! Take away her Toronto points she`s already outside top 50
Old May 13th, 2014, 01:46 PM   #345
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianB8 View Post
She's a non factor right now
If she keeps it this way, a lot of girls from WTA will pray for an encounter with her in 1st rounds of the tournaments!
This is so bad ...
After Toronto she will not be a factor in Premier tournaments, she will be only in International where is her place right now. All i hope that will not drop lower to ITF lvl. Too bad, because she has the game an talent to dominate and all she needs more is BRAIN.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic,Camila Giorgi,Zarina Diyas.
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Na Li.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote