Bacsinszky: "At 20 I was Top 50 and miserable" and how she was happy working in a bar - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 17th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #46
country flag TennisGhost

TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bacsinszky: "At 20 I was Top 50 and miserable" and how she was happy working in a

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn View Post
And then comes this 15 year old who takes out Myskina and seriously challenges Sharapova.
She was 17 when she beat Myskina. Not 15.
TennisGhost is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 17th, 2013, 09:57 AM   #47
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bacsinszky: "At 20 I was Top 50 and miserable" and how she was happy working in a

Also, I don't really feel she's contradicting herself when she claims that she never liked playing pro tennis etc. and now she's giving a go at doing just that again. First, like homogenius suggests, she was hyperbolic and over-dramatic over just about everything she says in this piece; second, back when she was a teen she felt she was being forced to become a full-time pro tennis player when she didn't enjoy it all that much, whereas now she's returning to pro competition of her own volition.

Eu Jogo Ténis

Prokofiev + Son Goku = pwnage
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #48
country flag LightsOut!

LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
Wawrinka is ruggedly handsome. Not bad-looking at all .

Sorry, O/T .
He wasn't at that time. . He is fit now, he wasn't ten years ago.
I am a huge Wawrinka fan just to say.
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
LightsOut! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #49
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Bacsinszky play in Barnstaple last month. The first five games vs. Riske was the best quality tennis I saw in my two days there and she even had BPs to go *5-0 up. I think pretty much anyone inside the top-250 is capable of playing top-50 standard tennis but it's a question of maintaining that level on a point-to-point basis and Timea's rapidly dipped after squandering those chances. She lost the match 64 76 (had a SP in the tiebreak) but there's no question she can still play at a good level. She's looking in good physical shape unlike when she initially tried to come back and she competed very well in the second set so I don't think motivation should be a problem. I wish her all the best and I hope she'll one day get back to where she was a few years ago.

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 01:26 PM   #50
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx. Can you please translate the whole article ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
She says how tennis has never been a passion in her life but loves competition and will try to get to where she once was.
What ?

Actually sad because Timea has so much talent. She belongs in Top 100.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #51
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future

I love Timea's backhand and always thought she was very talented. Wish her the best!
xcrtbckhnd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #52
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Very interesting read All the best to Timea at next weeks 75K and in 2014
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #53
country flag N.M.

N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute

Guy named Baczynski is one of most famous Polish poets btw

Timea has to be good at serving drinks if she got a job in a luxurious hotel where many girls would like to work (and she's not even a good looker)

www.tenislove.pl
N.M. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #54
country flag sweetpeas

sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute

Looks are in the eyes of the beholder!!!!
sweetpeas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #55
country flag JustPetko

JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.M. View Post
Guy named Baczynski is one of most famous Polish poets btw

Timea has to be good at serving drinks if she got a job in a luxurious hotel where many girls would like to work (and she's not even a good looker)
Nice to know, thanks

TT Singles: (CH: #40) W ITF Biella'10, W ITF Nantes'10, W ITF Dubai'12 | TT Doubles: (CH: #1) ITF Nantes'10, ITF Bucharest'10, Marbella'11, Washington'11, Linz'11, YEC'11, ITF Opole'11, Pattaya'12, Tashkent'12, ITF Pune'12, Memphis'13, Carlsbad'13, Marrakesh'14, Washington'14 | Suicide: (CH: #6) W Luxembourg'12, W Luxembourg'13, F Marbella'11, F Quebec'11, F US Open'11 | Tipping: (CH: #2) W YEC'11, W Acapulco'13, W Brisbane'14, W RG'14, F Brussels'11, F Stanford'11
JustPetko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #56
country flag A-Bond

A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute

I always liked Timea and I really hope she can get back to the Top 50. The talent is there without a doubt but it's a question of commitment and her physical condition. Whenever I saw her play in Switzerland, it was just stunning to see how that great double-handed backhand set her apart from all the other Swiss players of her generation. She managed to compensate her weak Forehand easily on that level, but of course on the WTA, in the Top 50, is a different story.

And I particularly liked her attitude. Not only did she come across as a cool, friendly and smart girl, but also her on-court attitude was refreshing. She seemed to be positive on court which underlines that she likes to compete.
A-Bond is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 05:40 AM   #57
country flag LightsOut!

LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute

Just to know who we're talking about:

She might not be the prettiest on court, but she sure cares about her looks off court .
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
LightsOut! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 05:54 PM   #58
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future

a new article

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/29/sp...=tw-share&_r=0

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."
Hakapeszi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 05:59 PM   #59
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post

She says how tennis has never been a passion in her life but loves competition
That's kinda interesting. I've heard players who love both or who love tennis but I don't think I've heard that before.
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 06:11 PM   #60
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute
She sounds so inspiring.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote