Bacsinszky: "At 20 I was Top 50 and miserable" and how she was happy working in a bar - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 16th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #31
country flag tenisamulo

tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bacsinszky: "At 20 I was Top 50 and miserable" and how she was happy working in a

Hopefully she can find her own place in the game, and play for her own reasons. People start so young in this sport, many before they had any real choice in the manner. Hopefully she can find some peace and joy in the game. At least now, she knows she can move on to something else if she wants. That knowledge might be enough to give her a new relationship to the sport. Best of luck to her.
tenisamulo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 16th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #32
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future
Re: Bacszinsky: "At 20 I was Top 50 and miserable" and how she was happy working in a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakapeszi View Post
It's a Hungarian surname, but Polish origin (centuries before) is possible.
I found source on the net saying the Bacsinszkies are from Galicia
I just found an other source saying there was a Bacsinszky 'world meeting' last year at Bachyna/Bachina village in Ukraine, and Timea is mentioned in the article.

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."
Hakapeszi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #33
country flag StephenUK

StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bacszinsky: "At 20 I was Top 50 and miserable" and how she was happy working in a

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
I'm sure the $1M was gross, not net. She had to pay for travel, coaches, taxes, and even though top players get a lot of stuff comped she still had living expenses while on the tour. It's not like it was a sudden windfall out of nowhere. Even if she was smart and frugal there's no way she was able to bank the full amount.

She may also have just wanted to have done something to take her mind off her troubles.
It says in the article that she was passionate about hotels and restaurants - it looks like she was looking for some sort of career direction for when she retires or if she did not go back. Or maybe she just wanted to see what ordinary life was like as it looks like she regretted going on tour so young and not playing pokemon like other teens. The media pressure seems to have got to her - she says she would have preferred to have a gift for petanque, so she would not have been in the media spotlight.

It also says that she worked as a chef/cook in this hotel, she wasn't just working behind the bar....
StephenUK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #34
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodnar View Post
Not as fast, Polish is -ski, but -ský is Slovak or Czech surename.
In Slovakia, there are over 1000 people with surname Bačinský. Thus, it can be hungarized Slovak surename.
I don't know Slovak language, but the -ski surnaname ending seems to me very Polish in any version. It's an 'imported' thing in Hungarian surnames, and I can imagine, it's imported in slovak/czech.

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."
Hakapeszi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #35
country flag LightsOut!

LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bacsinszky: "At 20 I was Top 50 and miserable" and how she was happy working in a

I love the fact that she tries to play now because SHE wants and not for anybody else.
Proud and devoted follower here since 2004
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
LightsOut! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #36
country flag JCTennisFan

JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
I mean, she is 24. You cannot expect her to live +50 years (at least) with $500K in a country like Switzerland. Anyway, she just wanted to do normal things for a girl her age like working a bar for a while, nothing wrong about it.
While true it is substantially easier to make money when one has money... and a lump sum like that could be put to good use in making more of it for her.

Amazing to think she made 1 million dollars in prize money and I've never heard of her to save my life .

Who says tennis isn't a lucrative sport?
JCTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #37
country flag vodnar

vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakapeszi View Post
I don't know Slovak language, but the -ski surnaname ending seems to me very Polish in any version. It's an 'imported' thing in Hungarian surnames, and I can imagine, it's imported in slovak/czech.
-sky is not imported, it's a regular part of the grammar. This "world meeting in Bachina" would called in Slovak "Bachinsky svetovy miting".
Thousands of people have name ending with-sky,-cky in Slovakia/Chzech.
Hradecky, or Cetkovsky too.
vodnar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #38
country flag Tripp

Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a lawyer and at 25 I went to work at a bar just for doing something different and it was super fun. Sometimes you just want to try something different, away from the kind of stress you're used to in order to get some energy back. Now I'm back at doing what I love and I wouldn't change that year of my life for anything.

No wonder Timea has always been one of my faves. Hope she gets back to where she belongs in the rankings.
Tripp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 11:39 PM   #39
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bacsinzky: "At 20 I was Top 50 and miserable" and how she was happy working in a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xepher View Post

Did she spend all her prize money?
I hope some Career Conman didn't clean her out financially, like with "that other Suissie".

YUG flag, because it never should have split up.
*JR* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 01:41 AM   #40
country flag .Andrew.

.Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute

She's been around for awhile (tennis-wise) and already has had some successes, but I didn't realize she is still quite young.

I've always enjoyed Timea's game, so wish her the best of luck in 2014
.Andrew. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 06:03 AM   #41
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute

interesting read.she basically ended having a career cause she was good and people decided for her, not cause she liked tennis and wanted to become a pro.she is exagerating a bit about the hype when she was young, the fact she was a huge star in her country etc...but she is right when she says that success at a very young age is hard to deal with, especially if you didn't decide to take this road in the first place.

A bit surprised that after all that she still wants to compete and get back to her old level, but this time she is doing it for herself so good for her I guess.
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 07:00 AM   #42
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute

Timea
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #43
country flag LightsOut!

LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by homogenius View Post
interesting read.she basically ended having a career cause she was good and people decided for her, not cause she liked tennis and wanted to become a pro.she is exagerating a bit about the hype when she was young, the fact she was a huge star in her country etc...but she is right when she says that success at a very young age is hard to deal with, especially if you didn't decide to take this road in the first place.

A bit surprised that after all that she still wants to compete and get back to her old level, but this time she is doing it for herself so good for her I guess.
I dont think you know what you are talking about.
At that time, Switzerland was left with nobody but Schnyder who was very controversial. And then comes this 15 year old who takes out Myskina and seriously challenges Sharapova. Plus, she was a romande, a french speaking swiss girl. The people from the other side of the Röstigraben adored Bacsinszky. She was their future star and Bacsinszky was everywhere, because unlike Wawrinka she was pretty, too. That put a loooot of pressure on her young shoulders. She was not exaggerating. Thats all I am saying.
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
LightsOut! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 09:33 AM   #44
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

This sort of thing only happens in individual sports. In team sports, the lazy, the shirkers or the noticeably unmotivated are easily identified and quickly booted off teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clément Hébert
Lancée, la Suissesse ne s'arręte plus de parler
Figures.

She always gave me this vibe back when she was in the spotlight - I sensed that she was the sort of outgoing, fun-loving, hyperactive youngster who would take poorly to the discipline required to compete at the highest level.

Basically, having been the class clown in your y00f won't preclude you from being an all-time great at a highly competitive pro sport, but you stand a better chance of doing so if you're, say, Sampras.

Not that Bacszscszszcynszskzscky would ever reach that level of accomplishment with a FH like hers, but she had some potential. Sad to see her go down the Dropshot Dame route of taking several years off to do some undemanding job and/or party hard whenever she feels bored.

Last edited by Corswandt : Nov 17th, 2013 at 09:40 AM.
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 09:42 AM   #45
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn View Post
I dont think you know what you are talking about.
At that time, Switzerland was left with nobody but Schnyder who was very controversial. And then comes this 15 year old who takes out Myskina and seriously challenges Sharapova. Plus, she was a romande, a french speaking swiss girl. The people from the other side of the Röstigraben adored Bacsinszky. She was their future star and Bacsinszky was everywhere, because unlike Wawrinka she was pretty, too. That put a loooot of pressure on her young shoulders. She was not exaggerating. Thats all I am saying.
Wawrinka is ruggedly handsome. Not bad-looking at all .

Sorry, O/T .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote