Pac-12 (2014) - Page 29 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 29th, 2014, 05:07 PM   #421
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Pac-12 (2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Between the two Pauls, Sunderland had the better voice and was easier to listen to, clearly the true professional as I mentioned he did other sports, but a big minus for mentioning Carol as Ellen Zhao...I guess he was half right

My guess is that maybe he had better cue cards a few weeks ago...but really, when he says, "Stanford isn't being challenged right now", it wasn't like I was holding my breath
It just means Stanford has a good problem on their hand. They get a lot of the top Asian blue chip recruits. Isn't it a stereotype that most Asian girls look alike?
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 29th, 2014, 05:07 PM   #422
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
The disappointing thing is that I can't take time off work to drive up to go see this match. I will have to rely on the live video feed now.
I became so accustomed to it that I didn't know how bad it was until I saw the Pac-12 telecast.

I hope they cut the overgrown branches on court#4 through #6, such a distraction.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 05:10 PM   #423

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I became so accustomed to it that I didn't know how bad it was until I saw the Pac-12 telecast.

I hope they cut the overgrown branches on court#4 through #6, such a distraction.
They need to work on showing all of the matches and not just the top 3 matches. For UCLA's match yesterday, they at least did a good job of giving all matches on courts 1-3 equal air time (court 1 still received the most). They only cut to the back courts when it was match point and that was only once when Kaitlin Ray won.
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 05:32 PM   #424
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
They get a lot of the top Asian blue chip recruits. Isn't it a stereotype that most Asian girls look alike?
Are you hinting that Carol can be mistaken for Stacey? Maybe with her back turned and from a far distance, but I think Carol looks a bit thinner, not saying that Stacey was chubby...

I think its a matter of exposure to different ethnicity. For instance, I think Japanese and Korean are distinct.

With Chinese migrating to Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines and Canada, they can be more difficult to distinguish as they become mixed with other ethnicity.
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 05:38 PM   #425
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
They need to work on showing all of the matches and not just the top 3 matches. For UCLA's match yesterday, they at least did a good job of giving all matches on courts 1-3 equal air time (court 1 still received the most). They only cut to the back courts when it was match point and that was only once when Kaitlin Ray won.
Let me know if there is a suggestion box link to Pac-12. I would certainly comment.

I was a bit puzzled with the Stanford telecast, because Ahn was in control on court#1, more so than the Hardebeck or Zhao.

There was some controversial calls on court#2 and instead of doing replays, they just mentioned seeing it at the corner of their eyes...like that really helped

I think they were just fixated on Ahn.
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 05:41 PM   #426

Quote:
Let me know if there is a suggestion box link to Pac-12. I would certainly comment.

I was a bit puzzled with the Stanford telecast, because Ahn was in control on court#1, more so than the Hardebeck or Zhao.

There was some controversial calls on court#2 and instead of doing replays, they just mentioned seeing it at the corner of their eyes...like that really helped

I think they were just fixated on Ahn.
The opposite happened with the UCLA match yesterday. Brady's match was interesting so that went to it a lot while showing Robin's match. They also showed a good part of Chanelle's match. Chanelle even got interviewed after the match.

http://www.uclabruins.com/ViewArticl...B_OEM_ID=30500
(click on the play button on the photo of Kaitlin Ray)
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 06:05 PM   #427
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
The opposite happened with the UCLA match yesterday. Brady's match was interesting so that went to it a lot while showing Robin's match. They also showed a good part of Chanelle's match. Chanelle even got interviewed after the match.

http://www.uclabruins.com/ViewArticl...B_OEM_ID=30500
(click on the play button on the photo of Kaitlin Ray)
Smart interview by Chanelle, not giving away any bulletin material.

UCLA has this and next year to challenge for the NCAA crown with their 3 top juniors (Robin, Chanelle, and Kaitlyn), who by the way just gave up 2 games in that match..
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 06:08 PM   #428

Quote:
Smart interview by Chanelle, not giving away any bulletin material.

UCLA has this and next year to challenge for the NCAA crown with their 3 top juniors (Robin, Chanelle, and Kaitlyn), who by the way just gave up 2 games in that match..
7, not 2. Robin was down 0-5 in the 2nd set. Her opponent kind of figured her out and was getting the ball back in play.

We'll see if Robin stays for her last year or not.
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 09:31 PM   #429

Sabrina did this interview shortly after her injury.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myjkX4Bj9LA
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 04:21 AM   #430
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Sabrina did this interview shortly after her injury.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myjkX4Bj9LA
Yeah I saw that...she's apparently getting the royal treatment, as I think she got a electric scooter to get around...tugging KK around campus and dubbing them both as USC's finest benchwarmers

http://instagram.com/p/mJXDo0QVTL/
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 04:22 AM   #431
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
7, not 2. Robin was down 0-5 in the 2nd set. Her opponent kind of figured her out and was getting the ball back in play.

We'll see if Robin stays for her last year or not.
Oh yeah I missed that...didn't expect that from #106 Elizaveta Luzina (WSU)
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 04:23 AM   #432

Quote:
Oh yeah I missed that...didn't expect that from #106 Elizaveta Luzina (WSU)
Well, I guess she's the real deal. She won the first set from Scandalis today and was up or tied in the 2nd.
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 04:52 AM   #433
country flag tie_breaker

It was nice to see Casey Reede get a chance to play, although her and Katz almost lost (4-7) before match was suspended.
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 04:53 AM   #434

Quote:
It was nice to see Casey Reede get a chance to play, although her and Katz almost lost (4-7) before match was suspended.
and Paige Keating who got double bageled

Is KK injured?
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 04:57 AM   #435
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
and Paige Keating who got double bageled

Is KK injured?

I don't think so...no word of it.

I think she just got assigned to be Sabs trojan-sitter.