Which Russian player is the strongest mentally? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 24th, 2003, 12:14 AM   #16
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
excuse me... she didn't just win a title, she came back in 2 matches against two top 5 players... if this is not showing mental strength, what else?

I concede that it depends on the confidence, but with Lena, how much did she have going into this tournament? in her case it be the opposite, mental strenth will help confidence to be regained again.
Advertisement

Old Apr 24th, 2003, 01:06 PM   #17
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
I want to clarify what I meant when I repled to tenn_ace that yes, I have changed my mind regarding my first post.

What I meant, and should have said, was that I've changed my mind about what I said in the beginning portion of that post:
"I think we can rule out those two players immediately in this discussion" (referring to Elena D. & Anna K.).
(Though I still believe we can rule out Anna, until she proves otherwise.)

In other words, I did not mean to imply that I suddenly believe Elena D. has vaulted to the top spot among Russians in mental strength. I DID mean that it is DEFINITELY no longer the case that she can be ruled out of the running before the discussion even begins.
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote