THE PETKOS 2013 - Match of the Year - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Match of the Year 2013

Indian Wells: Andrea Petkovic def. Yulia Putintseva 6-0 6-2 0 0%
Miami: Andrea Petkovic def. Marion Bartoli 6-3 4-1 ret 0 0%
Marseille: Andrea Petkovic def. Monica Puig 6-0 6-0 3 27.27%
Marseille: Andrea Petkovic def. A. M. Garrigues 6-4 6-2 1 9.09%
Nuremberg: Andrea Petkovic def. Annika Beck 4-6 6-3 7-5 0 0%
Nuremberg: Andrea Petkovic def. Jelena Jankovic 6-4 6-3 4 36.36%
Beijing: Andrea Petkovic def. Victoria Azarenka 6-4 2-6 6-4 3 27.27%
Beijing: Andrea Petkovic def. Svetlana Kuznetsova 4-6 6-4 6-1 0 0%
Luxembourg: Andrea Petkovic def. Genie Bouchard 2-6 7-5 6-1 0 0%
Other (please state) 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 29th, 2013, 12:08 PM   #1
country flag Katja.

Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute
Question THE PETKOS 2013 - Match of the Year

Given the boredom of the off-season I thought maybe we should try having a little award show for Andi.

In my infinite creativity I've decided to call it "The Petkos" and we're starting off with the most obvious category, "match of the year". Please vote for your favorite Petko match of the year and maybe tell why you loved that match, which other ones you liked and whatever else crosses your mind.

If there's any interest in it I'll continue it next week with a new category. Maybe even if there's no interest, you can't stop me.

Edit: Polls closed!

And the winner is:

WTA Nuremberg 2013 SF: Andrea Petkovic def. Jelena Jankovic 6-4 6-3

Last edited by Katja. : Dec 30th, 2013 at 07:05 AM.
Katja. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 29th, 2013, 12:27 PM   #2
country flag Katja.

Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: THE PETKOS 2013 - Match of the Year

To get things rolling, my favorite match of her was the win over Azarenka - it was the biggest name she beat this year, and she did it in emphatic fashion in a long three-set-match where it would have been to just go away after she lost the 2nd set. Runner-up for me is the win over Jankovic, because it was conclusion of her epic 9-match winning streak in the summer that followed the Paris disaster and the one match where I really silently thought "damn right, she's back".
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #3
country flag Poldo

Poldo has a brilliant future Poldo has a brilliant future Poldo has a brilliant future Poldo has a brilliant future Poldo has a brilliant future Poldo has a brilliant future Poldo has a brilliant future Poldo has a brilliant future Poldo has a brilliant future Poldo has a brilliant future Poldo has a brilliant future

I loved the match vs Jankovic in Nuremberg. Petko played very well and qualified for the first final after the injury.
Poldo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #4
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all

Petko's win over JJ is number one for me--she rocked and she knew it!
kadiHH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 10:05 PM   #5
country flag JustPetko

JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute

Chosen Petkovic def. Puig. Remember how shocked I was while "watching" it on scoreboard. After all these problems and kinda depressing loss to Zhou in Paris, I've never imagine her doublebagelling someone and achieving some finals

TT Singles: (CH: #40) W ITF Biella'10, W ITF Nantes'10, W ITF Dubai'12 | TT Doubles: (CH: #1) ITF Nantes'10, ITF Bucharest'10, Marbella'11, Washington'11, Linz'11, YEC'11, ITF Opole'11, Pattaya'12, Tashkent'12, ITF Pune'12, Memphis'13, Carlsbad'13, Marrakesh'14, Washington'14 | Suicide: (CH: #2) W Luxembourg'12, W Luxembourg'13 | Tipping: (CH: #2) W YEC'11, W Acapulco'13, W Brisbane'14, W RG'14 | FITD: (CH: #1) W Wimbledon'14, W USO'14, W Antwerp'14
JustPetko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2013, 01:57 AM   #6
country flag Demi_Hedem

Demi_Hedem is a name known to all Demi_Hedem is a name known to all Demi_Hedem is a name known to all Demi_Hedem is a name known to all Demi_Hedem is a name known to all Demi_Hedem is a name known to all Demi_Hedem is a name known to all Demi_Hedem is a name known to all Demi_Hedem is a name known to all Demi_Hedem is a name known to all Demi_Hedem is a name known to all

I'd like to pick Marseille final. Although we didn't even got a Livestream to watch it and didn't know how the both players performed, it was a turning point in this year IMO, especially after the tough loss at French Open, this ITF triumph was so inspiring and important.
And of course I agree with you guys that the win over JJ was probably the most impressive.
Demi_Hedem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2013, 12:33 PM   #7
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

i picked the double bagel over Puig, given her bad loss in RG quali and losing to her few weeks before it was a positive shocking result
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 07:48 AM   #8
country flag Katja.

And the winner is:

Last edited by Katja. : Dec 30th, 2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #9
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

I missed this, but I would have voted the match vs Jankovic anyway .
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #10
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
And the winner is:

WTA Nuremberg 2013 QF: Andrea Petkovic def. Jelena Jankovic 6-4 6-3

I was watching it live

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #11
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post

I love this match !

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote