Jelena Jankovic Cheering Thread - 2014 Season - Volume 16 - Page 355 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 01:48 AM   #5311
country flag Bobisa

Bobisa has a reputation beyond repute Bobisa has a reputation beyond repute Bobisa has a reputation beyond repute Bobisa has a reputation beyond repute Bobisa has a reputation beyond repute Bobisa has a reputation beyond repute Bobisa has a reputation beyond repute Bobisa has a reputation beyond repute Bobisa has a reputation beyond repute Bobisa has a reputation beyond repute Bobisa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jelena Jankovic Cheering Thread - 2014 Season - Volume 16

''I bring the light and the joy!"
Bobisa is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 03:16 AM   #5312
country flag Chokerpova
WG

Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future

All of her loses this year have been so devastating so far They're all winnable (except Dubai)
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 03:23 AM   #5313
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
All of her loses this year have been so devastating so far They're all winnable (except Dubai)
That's why it's so heart-breaking. She's in form, playing tennis I honestly believed she would not play again. This year besides, the Makarova-Sydney loss, and the Serena-Dubai loss, all the other losses were close, and she let the match slip away... seeing the final set tiebreaker loss makes my stomach twist and turn because it's just a reminder of the entire 2012 season

Most of her losses were so winnable. That bagel final set to Halep in Melbourne... that 6-4 set to Aga last week... being up a set and a break over Vika in Brisbane... should've taken the Doha SF to 3 sets... so rough to see over and over again On 1 hand it's good she's getting to those positions to win, but then she doesn't do it in the latter stages...

Every player has a blip in the radar. This will go down as a horrible loss, so I just hope it doesn't continue...
Spencer. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 03:32 AM   #5314
country flag Chokerpova
WG

Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer. View Post
That's why it's so heart-breaking. She's in form, playing tennis I honestly believed she would not play again. This year besides, the Makarova-Sydney loss, and the Serena-Dubai loss, all the other losses were close, and she let the match slip away... seeing the final set tiebreaker loss makes my stomach twist and turn because it's just a reminder of the entire 2012 season

Most of her losses were so winnable. That bagel final set to Halep in Melbourne... that 6-4 set to Aga last week... being up a set and a break over Vika in Brisbane... should've taken the Doha SF to 3 sets... so rough to see over and over again On 1 hand it's good she's getting to those positions to win, but then she doesn't do it in the latter stages...

Every player has a blip in the radar. This will go down as a horrible loss, so I just hope it doesn't continue...
In my dream world, if Jelena had converted all her chances this year, she would have got to the F of Brisbane, at least F of AO (QF against Domi would be winnable, and Aga was like a zombie in the SF), at least F of Doha, at least SF in IW.. What a season for her thus far. But reality is so harsh And Jelena is Jelena
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 04:54 AM   #5315
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute

Another loss with JJ winning more points than her opponent!

3/4 three set losses this year have followed this trend with JJ ultimately winning more points than her opponent but losing the match - only exception being AO 4th round against Halep, of course!
jankimfan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 10:19 AM   #5316
country flag -NAJ-

-NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute

Such a bad loss

Lepchenko choked in 2nd set and JJ in 3rd.

Work harder Jelena, work better Jelena.

@andreapetkovic 14h
Quote:
Throwing tantrums in the locker with JJ.
-NAJ- is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 03:45 PM   #5317
JJ Style!

JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of

A new day, and still cant get over this hideous loss. Stuff that nightmares are made out of..

Quote:
When Jelena Jankovic is on the court, can drama be far behind? The Serb was involved in a dramatic second round match on Friday at the Sony Open Tennis in Miami as she let a 5-1 final set lead slip by and went down to American Varvara Lepchenko.

Lepchenko scored the biggest win of her career in a wildly fluctuating match. The American got off to a good start, leading 6-3, 2-0 before Jankovic turned the tables winning 11 of the next 12 games to lead 5-1 in the third set. But Lepchenko bounced back to claim the 63 26 76(2) win.

She has this weird taping. Her hair also looks messy. Definitely suffering from woman problems yesterday.
Can fall to a lowly 10 after this tourney..
JJ Style! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 04:09 PM   #5318
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

I still am in shock at this loss. In a way it's not that bad because she seems to be playing well (even though we couldn't watch ) so it just begs the question of HOW?!?! The most concerning thing is her absolute inability to win any close matches, and even sets, these days .

It would be nice to see her do well in doubles now, Babos is a good partner .

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 04:53 PM   #5319
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute

i have no hopes in doubles with her monstrous draw !
jankimfan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 04:55 PM   #5320
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

I won't comment on this loss, I will pretend it never happened.
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 07:30 PM   #5321
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

Just lost in doubles 62 62.

Poor Jelena. Had a very bad Miami
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 08:02 PM   #5322
JJ Style!

JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of

She has reversed the trend of last year by performing better in the first of the back to back events. She now generally plays better after a break, and is mentally & physically spent by the second event. Hopefully she recovers fully for Charleston. She'll be the second seed there, so should get an easy draw. Lepchenko should stay the hell away from her.
Even with her resurgence and new found motivation, I don't think we'll ever see the week in-out consistency from 07-08. Jelena's just too old now. She just can't match the consistency of someone like Radwanska, and with her ranking dropping again, getting back to the top 3 seems like pipe dream at this point.
JJ Style! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 09:48 PM   #5323
country flag mb011

mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of mb011 has much to be proud of

They key part of the season for Jelena is on the way - clay. let's hope she does good this year... this might be one of her last oportunities of a slam... i personally think her best chance is still in Paris...
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 10:23 PM   #5324
country flag MaBaker
★Serbian Sensation★

MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It View Post
I won't comment on this loss, I will pretend it never happened.
And it never did

MaBaker is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 10:35 PM   #5325
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBaker View Post
And it never did

Closed Thread