Jelena Jankovic Cheering Thread - 2014 Season - Volume 16 - Page 265 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2014, 06:05 PM   #3961
country flag -NAJ-

-NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jelena Jankovic Cheering Thread - 2014 Season - Volume 16

^ yes but she got warning far taking time while Serena didn't
-NAJ- is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 20th, 2014, 06:32 PM   #3962
country flag Potato

Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute

omg i just woke up and saw the scoreline, please let's not get involved in any GM drama, i beg of you all

edit: read the last few pages, some drama as usual , so sick of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NAJ- View Post
it's not serena's fault, it's the umpire's
Potato is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 06:36 PM   #3963
country flag -NAJ-

-NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post

it's not serena's fault, it's the umpire's
Just like Jelena said she had problem with him
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 06:42 PM   #3964
дalex

дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NAJ- View Post
Yeah but when Jelena is slow she's really SLOW. It's not just a few points here & there, but she really makes it obvious like taking too much time with the towel and during changeovers.

Jelena is clearly making this her tactic against Serena, cos she usually takes a bit more time between serves against other players. And it's good tactics to get Serena more tired... BUT it's clearly NOT working. Today, Serena wasn't nearly as slow as in some of their other matches, but Jelena still lost her cool. Serena always drags herself for 20 secs from one receiving end to the other and then she needs couple more secs to crouch - that's just her rhythm.

I have a new theory - I think Jelena is blaming Serena's slowness and umpires for her USO final loss.

I agree umpires should enforce rules better, but they're not gonna do anything if a player is like 2 secs over the limit like Serena was today or against a big name after a grueling rally or in a grueling match. That ain't gonna happen.
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 06:51 PM   #3965
country flag -NAJ-

Serena and Venus are 10 x slower than JJ and they never get warning. please it's not even a question who is slower. they are doing that all the time.
ofc she didn't lost bc that. JJ played bad.
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 06:59 PM   #3966
дalex

дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not saying you're not right about them taking too much time. I'm saying that's not what happened today and that they're never gonna get warned after grueling points.

And I'm saying that most of Jelena's warnings have been absolutely deserved.
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 07:02 PM   #3967
country flag -NAJ-

JJ was mad at umpire bc he said to her she is playing too fast and after that serena taking too much time in two points in a row(when JJ had good rytham in game) and he didn't do nothing. JJ had problem with that.
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 07:25 PM   #3968
дalex

Well, she obviously had good rhythm as she was running Serena around. But she should give her opponent those 20 s to get ready for the next point and not lose it like she did after 16 s.

The most important thing is to keep applying pressure on Serena throughout the match and keep her own head cool. She didn't do it today. End of story.
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 07:38 PM   #3969
JJ Style!

JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of

Kader Nooni needs to get sacked! Can't stand his smug-ass face, and awful voice.
So pissed off at this result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by дalex View Post
I have a new theory - I think Jelena is blaming Serena's slowness and umpires for her USO final loss
Oh my
Yeah, JJ's gone a bit cray-cray after her fall from the summit. Those 2011/2012 seasons have really messed her up, and now she's mentally unstable in all these big matches. She needs to dig deep, and get the mental side in check. As numerous people have stated, she's out of control. It's a sorry sight to see.
JJ Style! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 08:00 PM   #3970
country flag jarko111

jarko111 is a splendid one to behold jarko111 is a splendid one to behold jarko111 is a splendid one to behold jarko111 is a splendid one to behold jarko111 is a splendid one to behold jarko111 is a splendid one to behold jarko111 is a splendid one to behold jarko111 is a splendid one to behold jarko111 is a splendid one to behold jarko111 is a splendid one to behold jarko111 is a splendid one to behold

Well, as to what happened - I have completely forgotten what Serena said. I know what she meant. She said something like "Really, Jelena, is this a repeat of Charleston?"
I guess Jelena got upset because you're not supposed to address the other player directly.
When it was over at net, I think Serena really wanted to let JJ know she wasn't mad because she kept touching JJ first with her racket on JJ's back and then grabbing JJ's arm - both times, JJ didn't even look at Serena.
And I have theory: I think Serena respects JJ a lot. I think she see's that JJ is a fighter and a great athlete.. plus they've been on tour together much longer than some of these newbies. In my opinion, had a player like Sloane Stephens did the same thing JJ did when JJ came to the umpire, Serena would have shook their hand and ignored her. But Serena I think cares or has some sort of respect for JJ. I really do. It may simply just be that they're the "Older" generation and who knows why? But Serena was really trying to talk to JJ in a kind way at net and JJ was just not having any of it.

And JJ threw the match on Serena's last serve. She purposely hit those midcourt forehands miles long because JJ was just done. She wanted off the court.
JJ used to dig in against Serena. She's not getting the errors Serena used to give her. Serena is older and has a coach that expects perfection from her and I think Serena wants to please him even more since her coach is also her lover. Serena isn't going to make the errors to counter punchers anymore like she did the late 2000's. Point blank simple. And JJ is upset.. because the head to head was something that made JJ rather famous. How many players can say they had a winning record multiple times against Serena and Venus.. and now JJ's lost that and I know it meant a lot to her. Oh well. Sour grapes. At this point, if JJ loses her ranking and falls in the teens or 20's she'll be playing lesser events like Florinapolis or Acapulco and winning more titles - or at least winning one title a year. JJ isn't going to win premier events anymore playing this way. But she could amass a lot of Bogota-level events.
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 08:08 PM   #3971
country flag jarko111

jarko111 is a splendid one to behold jarko111 is a splendid one to behold jarko111 is a splendid one to behold jarko111 is a splendid one to behold jarko111 is a splendid one to behold jarko111 is a splendid one to behold jarko111 is a splendid one to behold jarko111 is a splendid one to behold jarko111 is a splendid one to behold jarko111 is a splendid one to behold jarko111 is a splendid one to behold

Oh, and I just wanted to say something about JJ's "quick serving."
I don't understand why she does this. I don't think it benefits anyone. JJ plays lightning fast in between points on her serve. If she slowed down a bit, took a deep breath, and put more thought into what she wanted to do next - it would be a better thing for her. But maybe the adrenaline takes over and JJ just wants to get on with it.

Andy Roddick was the same way - after each point on service he was back at the line already tossing the ball. And I know he was a respected player, but I think he would have been an even more respected player if he took his time before each serve. Better results. Maybe had more than one major title.
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 08:27 PM   #3972
country flag Shia

Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarko111 View Post
I don't understand why she does this. I don't think it benefits anyone. JJ plays lightning fast in between points on her serve. If she slowed down a bit, took a deep breath, and put more thought into what she wanted to do next - it would be a better thing for her. But maybe the adrenaline takes over and JJ just wants to get on with it.
I agree, that's completely wrong.She pays attention on her opponent instead on herself, and she rushes in hope that opponent is tired.That leads to focus loss and double faults.
Shia is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 08:31 PM   #3973
country flag Potato

Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, as to what happened - I have completely forgotten what Serena said. I know what she meant. She said something like "Really, Jelena, is this a repeat of Charleston?"
I guess Jelena got upset because you're not supposed to address the other player directly.
When it was over at net, I think Serena really wanted to let JJ know she wasn't mad because she kept touching JJ first with her racket on JJ's back and then grabbing JJ's arm - both times, JJ didn't even look at Serena.
And I have theory: I think Serena respects JJ a lot. I think she see's that JJ is a fighter and a great athlete.. plus they've been on tour together much longer than some of these newbies. In my opinion, had a player like Sloane Stephens did the same thing JJ did when JJ came to the umpire, Serena would have shook their hand and ignored her. But Serena I think cares or has some sort of respect for JJ. I really do. It may simply just be that they're the "Older" generation and who knows why? But Serena was really trying to talk to JJ in a kind way at net and JJ was just not having any of it.
I agree. I watch all of Serena's post match interviews, she is always incredibly respectful of Jelena, moreso than other players. I really think Serena is the consummate professional nowadays. I wish JJ was a little more classy, but I can sympathize - she just got destroyed against the greatest player of her generation - one who she used to be able to challenge all the time.

Quote:
And JJ threw the match on Serena's last serve. She purposely hit those midcourt forehands miles long because JJ was just done. She wanted off the court.
JJ used to dig in against Serena. She's not getting the errors Serena used to give her. Serena is older and has a coach that expects perfection from her and I think Serena wants to please him even more since her coach is also her lover. Serena isn't going to make the errors to counter punchers anymore like she did the late 2000's. Point blank simple. And JJ is upset.. because the head to head was something that made JJ rather famous. How many players can say they had a winning record multiple times against Serena and Venus.. and now JJ's lost that and I know it meant a lot to her. Oh well. Sour grapes. At this point, if JJ loses her ranking and falls in the teens or 20's she'll be playing lesser events like Florinapolis or Acapulco and winning more titles - or at least winning one title a year. JJ isn't going to win premier events anymore playing this way. But she could amass a lot of Bogota-level events.
Jelena's been playing top 10 tennis this year. She's been playing to her seeding and a little bit farther in most tournaments. What's important for her though, is that mental hump when she plays the real top players. Today she wanted to win so badly - too badly it detracted from her tennis. Like I mentioned before, the new consistent version of Serena will be incredibly difficult for JJ to beat. She will need to play like that first set in Charleston for even a chance to win.

Quote:

Andy Roddick was the same way - after each point on service he was back at the line already tossing the ball. And I know he was a respected player, but I think he would have been an even more respected player if he took his time before each serve. Better results. Maybe had more than one major title.
JJ quickserves to throw off her opponents rhythm. It might've worked back in the day where she was more mentally focused like in 2007, but nowadays she isn't even focused enough on court it also negatively effects her as well. I agree, she needs to stop with the antics.
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 08:36 PM   #3974
country flag Shia

Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeHj-...ature=youtu.be
There is no "Oh do shut up Jelena" part where it should be.
Shia is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 08:47 PM   #3975
country flag Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shia View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeHj-...ature=youtu.be
There is no "Oh do shut up Jelena" part where it should be.
That commentator is a known hater of Jelena. I could care less for what he has to say
Closed Thread