Jelena Jankovic Cheering Thread - 2014 Season - Volume 16 - Page 219 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2014, 02:46 PM   #3271
country flag Spencer.
JJ and company

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jelena Jankovic Cheering Thread - 2014 Season - Volume 16

Looks like another shitfest with Garcia

We'll always have Wimbly 07
Spencer. is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 8th, 2014, 03:17 PM   #3272
country flag JJ Lover

JJ Lover is a name known to all JJ Lover is a name known to all JJ Lover is a name known to all JJ Lover is a name known to all JJ Lover is a name known to all JJ Lover is a name known to all JJ Lover is a name known to all JJ Lover is a name known to all JJ Lover is a name known to all JJ Lover is a name known to all JJ Lover is a name known to all

Let's not lose to Cibulkova. Actually, let's win a match first.
JJ Lover is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 8th, 2014, 03:57 PM   #3273
country flag pier97

pier97 is a splendid one to behold pier97 is a splendid one to behold pier97 is a splendid one to behold pier97 is a splendid one to behold pier97 is a splendid one to behold pier97 is a splendid one to behold pier97 is a splendid one to behold pier97 is a splendid one to behold pier97 is a splendid one to behold pier97 is a splendid one to behold pier97 is a splendid one to behold
The half part of the draw is defenetely more difficult then the other half! Bad draw with cibulkova in r3 but overall she losted with petko in fed today! Then pretty good chance for a SF with fat-petra in QF, even if I remember she played so well there against serena last year! Go JJ

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
pier97 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 8th, 2014, 04:42 PM   #3274
country flag SchTeTa

SchTeTa has much to be proud of SchTeTa has much to be proud of SchTeTa has much to be proud of SchTeTa has much to be proud of SchTeTa has much to be proud of SchTeTa has much to be proud of SchTeTa has much to be proud of SchTeTa has much to be proud of SchTeTa has much to be proud of SchTeTa has much to be proud of SchTeTa has much to be proud of

I think this is a solid draw,semi hard just right.

Garcia is really solid and will be a good test. JJ play good against Cibi, and Cibi lost today against Petko at home.

Venus will run over Kvitova so I expect Flipkens in the QF. the Errani/halep qf is a joke, honestly big joke, Genie will crash them all.
SchTeTa is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 8th, 2014, 09:30 PM   #3275
country flag Potato

Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute

Good draw. Challenging but not ridiculously tough. Cibulkova matches up really well against JJ though, that'll be a huge test.

It's tough to see JJ making even the QF since she'll be facing 3 big hitters in a row. That being said, if she does make the QF, I'll be expecting her to make the SF, since that should mean she's not in UE mode.

Too bad JJ got the tougher half of the draw
Old Feb 8th, 2014, 11:57 PM   #3276
country flag saarsngg

saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of

I'm worried about Knapp in R2 (it won't be Garcia; she's on a 9-match losing streak ). She's in good form, and nearly beat JJ at the Bogota Slam last year

The good news is that Knapp, along with Cibulkova, are playing Fed Cup, and might have trouble adjusting to the change in court speed, time zone, conditions etc.

Titles
PAW: Paris '13, Carlsbad '13, Seoul '13, Osaka '13 & Nurnberg '14
TT Doubles: ITF Perth '13 (w/Chilenaitor), ITF Nules '13 (w/tildeloltilde)
saarsngg is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 9th, 2014, 12:42 AM   #3277
country flag ms_nut

ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute

^ Agree. We all know what happens when JJ plays her (former) doubles partners - BMS, Li Na, Petkovic, Lucic and now Knapp.....
ms_nut is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 9th, 2014, 12:44 AM   #3278
country flag Spencer.
JJ and company

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

Since Knapp is at Fed Cup that's why I think she'll lose to Garcia. And no matter how good JJ is, she somehow manages to struggle against Garcia. She's had to save match points in both of their previous meetings (so at least JJ knows she can come back against her) and Garcia is a known choker anyway when she is actually in a winning position.

Out of all of the first seeds she could face, POME isn't terrible since POMEnika is still inconsistent no matter what she's done earlier in the season.

Also out of all of the top 4 seeds she could've gotten for a potential QF match-up, Petra is the one who has shown to be in the "worst" form (played well in Hopman Cup, and SF of Sydney are no joke, but the R1 loss in Aussie Open and withdrawing from Paris indoors with illness aren't good).

Not an easy draw that's for sure, and we ALL know how much Jelena sucks after not playing for 2 weeks or longer, so Garcia-Knapp isn't the worst possible first match in Doha.

Does JJ even do good in Doha? I know she lost in the SF in 2011 to Zvonareva. Is that her best ever result there?

Goooooo JJ

Last edited by Spencer. : Feb 9th, 2014 at 01:12 AM.
Old Feb 9th, 2014, 01:10 AM   #3279
country flag ms_nut

ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildeloltilde View Post
Does JJ even do good in Doha? I know she lost in the SF in 2010 to Zvonareva. Is that her best ever result there?

Goooooo JJ

Actually yes, she made the SF in 2007, losing in 3 sets to Henin (6-7,6-2,6-4), and the QF in 2008 (losing to Li Na), also the SF in 2011, losing to Vera.
ms_nut is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 9th, 2014, 01:29 AM   #3280
country flag -NAJ-

-NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute

plus 2 SF's at YEC in Doha. 2008, 2009
-NAJ- is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 9th, 2014, 04:26 AM   #3281
country flag Spencer.
JJ and company

Just no more disgusting losses to Peer or Niculescu I know JJ was injured lat year, but better not to play than risk further injury/embarrass yourself to the junk shotter

Knapp lost a set to McHale today, so it does give me a bit more hope that if she does beat Garcia, Jelena will win

Old Feb 9th, 2014, 04:29 AM   #3282
country flag Potato

Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute

JJ's FH is such a weakness on these slow HC. Hope Mlendea helps her mentally with that shot.
Old Feb 9th, 2014, 04:44 AM   #3283
country flag Spencer.
JJ and company

Gettin that Jelena in Doha avatar going

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
JJ's FH is such a weakness on these slow HC. Hope Mlendea helps her mentally with that shot.
Yes

Old Feb 9th, 2014, 02:11 PM   #3284
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Doubles with Kleybanova.

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 9th, 2014, 07:41 PM   #3285
JJ Style!

JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of

^^ I like how she's playing with randoms this year. She's too good for Lucic.
My ideal partner for her is Mirza or Petrova. Someone with more power, but also a good tactician. If she pairs up with the right partner, she can reach top 10 this year.
JJ Style! is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread