December Showdown 2013 (WC playoff/18s/16s/14s/12s champs) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 19th, 2013, 03:46 AM   #1
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
December Showdown 2013 (WC playoff/18s/16s/14s/12s champs)

Its almost December Showdown!!

Here is the 2013 Calender.

Australian Open 2014 Play-off 9–15 December
18/u Australian Championships 30 Nov–7 Dec
16/u Australian Championships 10–15 December
14/u Australian Championships 30 Nov–5 Dec
14/u Australian Teams Championships 6–8 December
12/u Australian Championships 10–15 December
12/u Australian Teams Championships 6–8 December

All events are held at Melbourne Park.

We can also discuss WCs here

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 19th, 2013, 03:47 AM   #2
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: December Showdown & Wildcards Discussion

I may/may not go to the AO WC playoff, depending on how lazy I am

Its gonna be interesting who gets in the playoff, I wonder if Jarka, Jelly, Nastya, Sacha will play
I'm sure that Ash Barty, Liv & Casey will play as they always do.

Old Oct 19th, 2013, 03:56 AM   #3
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

I think Jelena said in her interview that she will be playing in the wild card play off.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2013, 04:45 AM   #4
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

I said it in another thread, but my (early) picks for AO are:

Dellacqua
Barty
Sanders (Pending injury)
Dokic (Pending fitness/form)
Gajdosova (Pending fitness/form)

Next in line:
Rogowska
An.Rodionova
Jones
Ar.Rodionova

Obviously this could change as it is very early to call it, but it's fun and interesting to see how it may change.
Old Oct 19th, 2013, 04:50 AM   #5
country flag Kəv.

The next couple weeks will probably decide as the 2 50ks and Jarka's return.

imo.

Dellacqua [LOCK]
Barty [LOCK]
Rogowska
Gajdosova
Dokic [She will definitely get one if she plays some pro matches soon as I would think it would be actually really disrespectful if she doesnt get it]

Next in:
An.Rodionova
Sanders
Jones [only based on rank]

I've put Storm so low because I think she will miss it as she hardly played any matches these recent months.

Old Oct 19th, 2013, 04:55 AM   #6
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

U gotta remember though TA love to give wildcards to the younger up-and-comers. I can't see them over looking Storm if Storm is fit and healthy.

I think Rogowska has had enough wildcards for the results she's produced. Time to make her earn it and if she did she'd be much more ready to make the second round rather than from another hand out.
Old Oct 19th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #7
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

I think we should follow the US and have the U18 champ get one of the w/c's in the main draw. (I think get a quallie one??)

This could be the most competitive playoff in years if every player who's eligible plays.
Old Oct 19th, 2013, 11:40 PM   #8
country flag Kəv.

Even selection for the playoff is gonna be hard
Currently the top 16 are (exc. Boj):
Barty, Rodionova, Rogowska, Dellacqua, Sanders, Adamczak, Jones, Rajicic, Gajdosova, Hadzic, Patterson, Moore, Bai, Peers, Baric
Say if they all wanted to play..
But then they'll want to make room for Dokic, some promising junior, 18s winner(or 16s winner? I forget), maybe Izzy..

Old Oct 20th, 2013, 12:23 AM   #9
country flag Daniel.

I probably don't think Anastasia Rodionova will play the play-off, or campaign herself for a wildcard at all.
She didn't last year so why would she this year?
I think she's resigned to the fact she's 30+, hardly liked by anyone and seems to be out of Fed Cup discussions anyway.
So she will focus on what lead up events she can get into and then play qualies.
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 09:22 AM   #10
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYUMI-GOAT View Post
Even selection for the playoff is gonna be hard
Currently the top 16 are (exc. Boj):
Barty, Rodionova, Rogowska, Dellacqua, Sanders, Adamczak, Jones, Rajicic, Gajdosova, Hadzic, Patterson, Moore, Bai, Peers, Baric
Say if they all wanted to play..
But then they'll want to make room for Dokic, some promising junior, 18s winner(or 16s winner? I forget), maybe Izzy..
So I think the top 250 are automatic and then they do what they like after that, (yes, the 18s winner gets a place). So assuming everyone plays (as well as Arina Rodi) and those just outside top 250 are accepted like: Adamczak, Jones, Rajicic, Gajdosova, Hadzic only leave 5 spots. Dokic will get one spot and then you'd expect Hon, Bains, Birrell and Tjandramula would be close..... the likes of Holland, Patterson, Moore, Bai, Peers, Baric may miss out.

Unlikely though with the number of withdrawals that take place.... but it would be a great week if everyone showed.
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 09:32 AM   #11
country flag Kəv.

Oops yeh I forgot about Arina.

Old Oct 20th, 2013, 10:16 AM   #12
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The next couple weeks will probably decide as the 2 50ks and Jarka's return.

imo.

Dellacqua [LOCK]
Barty [LOCK]
Rogowska
Gajdosova
Dokic [She will definitely get one if she plays some pro matches soon as I would think it would be actually really disrespectful if she doesnt get it]
Why would it be disrespectful?

I'm sorry but I don't agree with that.

And I hate the idea that everyone thinks that Dellacqua should be a lock. No one should be. People slag off Olivia for havng too many wildcards (which I agree with), but are happy to give Casey another one?? Casey has had more than probably anyone in recent memory. Double standards much?

Fyi, I wouldn't begrudge Casey a WC at all, because we all know she should be top 100 anyway. But don't say "such and such shouldn't get another WC cos she's had too many" and then happily put Casey in the running for one. That's hypocritical.
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #13
country flag Kəv.

^ I have never said that "such and such shouldn't get another WC cos she's had too many" infact I event put Olivia in as well.

I would think of it as disrespectful not giving a former world no.4 a WC in her home country and like what keep her in qualies?

Old Oct 20th, 2013, 10:59 AM   #14
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
^ I have never said that "such and such shouldn't get another WC cos she's had too many" infact I event put Olivia in as well.

I would think of it as disrespectful not giving a former world no.4 a WC in her home country and like what keep her in qualies?
I never said you did. Others have.

Re Jelena - former world no.4. Yes, 12 years ago. She's done a lot in her career, and I think she should be given a helping hand to some extent. But if she is not fit enough, or doesn't have the form, then I'm sorry but a MD spot should not be wasted on her. It's not disrespectful to leave her out, it's disrespectful to everyone else who misses out because she's got the name.

But hey, if she comes out guns blazing and wins the play off, or shows some great form in the tune ups, then go for it!
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 11:01 AM   #15
country flag Kəv.

Yeh I guess

Unfortunately I don't think this 'comeback' is gonna last long. Probably gonna be like the Sprem or Hingis fail