Best match of 2014? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 11th, 2014, 05:13 PM   #1
country flag Poldo

Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of
Best match of 2014?

What do you think was her best match this year?

As Adrian already said, he prefered her FC match against Stosur. I really enjoyed her matches against Jankovic in Doha, Sharapova in Wimbledon (of course) and her match against Venus in Montreal although she lost it.
Poldo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 12th, 2014, 05:30 PM   #2
country flag wolf79

wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future
Re: Best match of 2014?

semis in eastbourne versus caro was actually quite a clutch performance by kerber. should be taken into consideration, if you ask me...

dastarded by Darth Vika the Sith Princess of Unholy Fuckery

wolf79 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2014, 10:05 PM   #3
country flag jackjanetcrissy

jackjanetcrissy is a splendid one to behold jackjanetcrissy is a splendid one to behold jackjanetcrissy is a splendid one to behold jackjanetcrissy is a splendid one to behold jackjanetcrissy is a splendid one to behold jackjanetcrissy is a splendid one to behold jackjanetcrissy is a splendid one to behold jackjanetcrissy is a splendid one to behold jackjanetcrissy is a splendid one to behold jackjanetcrissy is a splendid one to behold jackjanetcrissy is a splendid one to behold

You know being a bit late to the game, I do have to call out the Kerber/Lepchenko match in Stanford. This time, she actually was the one to come back and win, finally (miss that). She was down by alot and actually fought back (and displayed the true Kerber champion she is). Not sure if this is the last time she has done so since then.

Wish it was a finals match.
jackjanetcrissy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2014, 11:16 PM   #4

jackjanetcrissy is a splendid one to behold jackjanetcrissy is a splendid one to behold jackjanetcrissy is a splendid one to behold jackjanetcrissy is a splendid one to behold jackjanetcrissy is a splendid one to behold jackjanetcrissy is a splendid one to behold jackjanetcrissy is a splendid one to behold jackjanetcrissy is a splendid one to behold jackjanetcrissy is a splendid one to behold jackjanetcrissy is a splendid one to behold jackjanetcrissy is a splendid one to behold

Did anyone notice the number of people viewing Angie's forum after her match versus Kvitova, Fed Cup final? Something like over 50 people viewing!!

I had never seen it so active. Kind of nice huh?
Old Nov 13th, 2014, 01:39 AM   #5
country flag Devon.G

Devon.G has much to be proud of Devon.G has much to be proud of Devon.G has much to be proud of Devon.G has much to be proud of Devon.G has much to be proud of Devon.G has much to be proud of Devon.G has much to be proud of Devon.G has much to be proud of Devon.G has much to be proud of Devon.G has much to be proud of Devon.G has much to be proud of

Fed Cup vs Domi, JJ in Doha, Shuai Peng in Miami, Fed Cup, vs Dellacqua and Sam. S, Alize. C and Caro. W in Eastbourne, Masha at Wimbledon, Coco. V and Lepchenko in Standford, Venus in Montreal, Fed Cup final vs Petra and more, this is just from the top of my head. It's interesting though, looking at some of her matches, when she was down she came back and won, but when ahead, she lost the match, hmm

Regarding her popularity on TF, there are a quite a lot that like her, but don't choose to contribute here. Outside of this forum, she has a nice following
Devon.G is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2014, 07:38 AM   #6
country flag Poldo

Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of

Of course, I almost forgot the match against Woz in Eastbourne. She played very well there, but the best thing about this win was that she was not passive in the deciding moments but very aggressive in the tiebreak and that's the reason why she won it

Old Nov 13th, 2014, 07:41 AM   #7
country flag Poldo

And I really enjoyed her comebacks against Peng, Lepchenko and Cornet too But it's always so nerve-racking
Old Nov 13th, 2014, 09:21 AM   #8
country flag Bodensee

Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of

I would say the Jankovic match.
Bodensee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2014, 10:53 AM   #9
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quite liked Kerber-Pennetta at the Australian Open, Kerber-Jankovic in the Middle East, Kerber-Sharapova in Wimby, Kerber-Venus in Montreal, Kerber-Kvitova at the Fed Cup.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2014, 07:41 PM   #10
country flag Poldo

I collected the highlights of her most spectacular matches this year

Old Nov 15th, 2014, 06:03 PM   #11
Tezuka.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

I loved her match vs Cornet the most. Best highlights out of these imo. Both played at/near their very best. So many epic rallies.
Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2014, 08:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon.G View Post
Fed Cup vs Domi, JJ in Doha, Shuai Peng in Miami, Fed Cup, vs Dellacqua and Sam. S, Alize. C and Caro. W in Eastbourne, Masha at Wimbledon, Coco. V and Lepchenko in Standford, Venus in Montreal, Fed Cup final vs Petra and more, this is just from the top of my head. It's interesting though, looking at some of her matches, when she was down she came back and won, but when ahead, she lost the match, hmm

Regarding her popularity on TF, there are a quite a lot that like her, but don't choose to contribute here. Outside of this forum, she has a nice following
Hey Devon - Well, if you had to pick, which one would be your fave? You gotta pick one!
Old Nov 17th, 2014, 08:05 PM   #13

Awesome video thread Poldo! Responding to your Nov 14, 2014 post.
Old Nov 17th, 2014, 08:35 PM   #14

Too late to set up a poll?
Old Nov 18th, 2014, 12:12 AM   #15
country flag Devon.G

Devon.G has much to be proud of Devon.G has much to be proud of Devon.G has much to be proud of Devon.G has much to be proud of Devon.G has much to be proud of Devon.G has much to be proud of Devon.G has much to be proud of Devon.G has much to be proud of Devon.G has much to be proud of Devon.G has much to be proud of Devon.G has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjanetcrissy View Post
Hey Devon - Well, if you had to pick, which one would be your fave? You gotta pick one!
hmm.. ok I'd have to go with the Masha match because it was exciting, the atmosphere on CC was great and Angie won You need to watch this match!
Devon.G is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote