Nebraska Court Rules Teen Too Immature for an Abortion, Fine to Raise a Kid - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 12th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #1
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute
Nebraska Court Rules Teen Too Immature for an Abortion, Fine to Raise a Kid

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor...wpsrc=upworthy

By Katy Waldman

The Nebraska Supreme Court denied a 16-year-old foster child’s request for an abortion on Friday because she was "not sufficiently mature" to make the decision herself. So instead, this immature young woman who does not want a baby will become a mother. Everyone wins.

The teenager, identified in the court ruling as Anonymous 5, showed evidence of mature reasoning at a confidential hearing. She worried that she didn’t have the financial resources to support a child or to be “the right mom that I would like to be right now.” Yet district judge Peter C. Bataillon, whom the Raw Story reports once served on the committee for an Omaha anti-abortion group, disagreed, and the Supreme Court upheld his ruling in a split vote of 5-2.

<snip>

Since Anonymous 5 is a ward of the State Department of Health and Human Services—she actually requested the abortion at the confidential hearing dissolving the parental rights of her biological mother and father, who were physically abusive—she doesn’t have anyone to grant her consent. “She is in legal limbo—a quandary of the Legislature's making,” wrote Judge William Connolly in his Supreme Court minority opinion.

<snip>

OFFICIAL BLACKSMITH OF THE ROYAL COURT

I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public!
Pureracket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 12th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #2
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nebraska Court Rules Teen Too Immature for an Abortion, Fine to Raise a Kid

Time to run away to your neighboring state. How absolutely ridiculous. I feel sad for her. This mess better be appealed.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #3
country flag Potato

Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute

Too immature to make a decision about her body but mature enough to raise a child. Okay
Potato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #4
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2013, 11:56 PM   #5
country flag TheNexus

TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of

Women doesn't have a right to own her body in 2013. Wow. OK.
TheNexus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 01:03 AM   #6
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. parents should have a right to kill their children, perhaps..

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 01:11 AM   #7
country flag TheNexus

TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys View Post
Pro-life and pro-choice debate, here we go...
TheNexus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 01:24 AM   #8
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
Too immature to make a decision about her body but mature enough to raise a child. Okay
There was nothing in the judge's ruling that said she has to keep the child after she gives birth. Besides, if she was mature enough to make a decision about her body, she wouldn't have gotten herself in this predicament to begin with.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 02:42 AM   #9
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

at the court's decision.

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 03:04 AM   #10
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hablo View Post
at the court's decision.
Since Nebraska state law requires signed and notarized consent from a parent or guardian, and since her parents no longer have the legal right to make that decision for her, the court's hands seem to be tied. I feel bad for the young lady, but as I stated earlier, she put herself in this predicament.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 03:20 AM   #11
country flag Thanos

Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute

USA legal proceeding is a joke.
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 03:20 AM   #12
country flag illusions30

illusions30 is just really nice illusions30 is just really nice illusions30 is just really nice illusions30 is just really nice illusions30 is just really nice illusions30 is just really nice illusions30 is just really nice illusions30 is just really nice illusions30 is just really nice illusions30 is just really nice illusions30 is just really nice

That is the dumbest thing ever. If you are too immature for an abortion you are way too immature to raise a kid and the abortion is the better option.
illusions30 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 03:21 AM   #13
country flag illusions30

illusions30 is just really nice illusions30 is just really nice illusions30 is just really nice illusions30 is just really nice illusions30 is just really nice illusions30 is just really nice illusions30 is just really nice illusions30 is just really nice illusions30 is just really nice illusions30 is just really nice illusions30 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys View Post
A fetus is not a kid. It doesnt technically exist yet. Better to never have to exist than to brought into a World with people who cant properly care for you and be forced into an unfair and cruel situation, if that is what it is going to be.
illusions30 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 03:34 AM   #14
Serena's #1 Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusions30 View Post
That is the dumbest thing ever. If you are too immature for an abortion you are way too immature to raise a kid and the abortion is the better option.
Again, there was nothing in the court's ruling that said Anonymous 5 has to keep and raise the child after she gives birth. Also, it seems as if you're absolving her of any responsibility in this matter. Since there was nothing in any news article that suggested her pregnancy was the result of a rape, I have to conclude she chose to have unprotected sex. If that was indeed the case, that's on her, not the courts.

Old Oct 13th, 2013, 03:49 AM   #15
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

I have to think this poor girl has had a rough life not of her making if she's in foster care. Terrible position she's in, not sure what I'd do if I was the Judge in that case.