Broccoli, lunch of champions - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 17th, 2003, 01:05 PM   #1
Elke

Elke is a glorious beacon of light Elke is a glorious beacon of light Elke is a glorious beacon of light Elke is a glorious beacon of light Elke is a glorious beacon of light Elke is a glorious beacon of light Elke is a glorious beacon of light Elke is a glorious beacon of light Elke is a glorious beacon of light Elke is a glorious beacon of light Elke is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Broccoli, lunch of champions

Former American president, George Bush (George Dubya's old man) once set the broccoli business back many years -and won the hearts of millions of American children in the process- by declaring he detested the vegetable. Well, broccoli growers can rejoice today, tennis's new royal couple Lleyton Hewitt and Kim Clijsters (yep, step aside Andre and Steffi) revealing after they had won their respective men's and women's titles in Indian Wells at the weekend that as part of their health kick, they are currently eating broccoli -and heaps of it.
"It's great," said Clijsters, who singled out broccoli pasta, in paricular, as her favourite, "a little bit of tomato sauce, not too much, a little bit of garlic", especially for lunch or before or after a match. But her biggest effort was trying to convince her boyfriend to forgo his hot dogs, burgers and french fries, adding "but he's a lot better. I've sort of gotten him to the good way of eating healthier." Hewitt confirmed the news of his once wayward eating at his press conference later, saying 'I can't believe she dobbed me in!" but said yes, he too, had become a broccoli boy and these days "I eat as well as any other player out there." The health food kick aside, we wonder if Kim now will try to pass on her other latest fad, the Belgian star revealing she's also on a clean kick, that because "there's so many viruses going round and stuff" she constantly washe her hands and even tries to avoid touching stairs as she walks up them.

Sporting life, The Age, 03/18/03 by Geoff Mc Clure
Elke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 17th, 2003, 01:31 PM   #2
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the article Elke

Kim and her health kicks
Cilla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 02:20 PM   #3
country flag MarcusRock

MarcusRock is just really nice MarcusRock is just really nice MarcusRock is just really nice MarcusRock is just really nice MarcusRock is just really nice MarcusRock is just really nice MarcusRock is just really nice MarcusRock is just really nice MarcusRock is just really nice MarcusRock is just really nice MarcusRock is just really nice
Well apparently Daniela Hantuchova ate a bunch when she won at Indian Wells last year. Check out song number 6 on her music CD. Check out the full CD HERE!!!

"n I am more of a retard, yes." - gogomaggie
"she has a face of a cereal killer" - Naldo, on Serena Williams
Every post you make : Every dumb mistake : I'll be watching you
MarcusRock is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 02:53 PM   #4
country flag Linnie
drinking

Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute
Gives new meaning to "blowing your opponent off the court"

Linnie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 03:20 PM   #5
country flag caramel

caramel is a glorious beacon of light caramel is a glorious beacon of light caramel is a glorious beacon of light caramel is a glorious beacon of light caramel is a glorious beacon of light caramel is a glorious beacon of light caramel is a glorious beacon of light caramel is a glorious beacon of light caramel is a glorious beacon of light caramel is a glorious beacon of light caramel is a glorious beacon of light
Let´s all worship broccoli !!!!!

Chanda Rubin Anastasia Myskina

Francesca Schiavone Paola Suarez

Barbara Schett Silvia Farina Elia

Klara Koukalova Iva Majoli

Marat Safin is all mine.

*caramelized.net*

caramel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 12:32 AM   #6
country flag tennischick

tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all
i can't believe i now have something in common with the Potato!
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 12:36 AM   #7
King Lindsay

King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point
broccoli is bitchin'. so is cauliflower, i must say. ahhh, i like all vegetables. they balance out my otherwise unhealthy lifestyle!
King Lindsay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 02:57 AM   #8
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute
brocoli freakin rules man. how can you not like the stuff. it's my most favorite vegetable of them all yummy

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote