Teennis: New Game for Doubles Exclusively; Submit Your Team Now! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 9th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #1
RND

RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Teennis: New Game for Doubles Exclusively; Submit Your Team Now!

Hi guys,

I remember years back there was a fun game combining tennis and golf but disappeared after a short while. Which could take a lot of time, though, as players have to follow basically every match in every week.

However the idea was great and I loved it. So I would like to take it back in an easier way, less time-consuming, and exclusive for doubles!

Now I would need your support and advice to make it work and even better!

If you support women’s tennis in doubles, then you have to join this!

Game overview and rules as below. Please read through them!!! I will try to work on the graphic/layout to make it more interesting on the first look.

UPDATE (Refer to rankings as of Nov. 4):

1. GoofyDuck (51) in with Cara Black (13) + Vera Dushevina (38)
2. pwayne (51) in with Kristina Mladenovic (19) + Flavia Pennetta (32)
3. coolfish1103 (54) in with Hsieh Su-Wei (3) + Vania King (51)
4. goOudinUSA (58) in with Liezel Huber (22) + Bethanie Mattek-Sands (36)
5. RayTheKilcherian (64) in with Anna-Lena Groenefeld (15) + Daniela Hantuchova (49)
6. zziptennis (62) in with Abigail Spears (22) + Kimiko Date-Krumm (40)
7. kitasss_vlc (65) in with Anabel Medina Garrigues (30) + Arantxa Parra Santonja (35)
8. RND (70) in with Hao-Ching Chan (26) + Barbora Zahlavova Strycova (44)
9. champion88 (68) in with Sania Mirza (9) + Yaroslava Shvedova (59)

Yung-Jan Chan ∞ Simona Halep Caroline Wozniacki Su-Wei Hsieh
Jelena Jankovic Jie Zheng Tamarine Tanasugarn Alisa Kleybanova Nadia Petrova

Last edited by RND : Nov 20th, 2013 at 02:03 PM.
RND is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 9th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #2
RND

RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Teennis: New Game for Doubles Exclusively; I Need Your Support and Advice!

T e e n n i s
__________________________________________________ ________________

Teennis is a game exclusively and the only on the Tennisforum specially designed for WTA Tour doubles (WTA 125 not considered in the format) based on the scoring of golf.

If you support women’s tennis in doubles, then you have to join this!

Format

We will have 11 three-round or four-round Teennis tournaments (including 2 Team Events) throughout a year. Players will tee off in January and putt for the final hole in the Season Ending Championship in October. November and December are considered the off-season.

Each player (you) will select two team members (WTA players) with a combined ranking between 51 and 150 (based on the ranking Nov 4/the week after YEC Istanbul). They don't have to and better not be an actual team on the WTA Tour, see post #5 & #7.

Submit your two-member (member A & member B) list before the week of Dec. 21. You can submit your list RIGHT NOW as long as your members’ combined ranking will stay in between 51 and 150 the week of Nov 4, or you will have to choose again. Example: RND (115) in with Zheng Jie (17) + Chan Yung-Jan (98).

Players can’t have the same member in the top 30 so hand in your list as soon as possible in case your ideal partners get snatched! And please be noted that your selection will be valid for the entire year, which means you can’t change your team member until the finish of YEC Singapore 2014 (unless a Special Item is used), when members will be put back into open market.

If your member is absent for more than three months, you're eligible to replace the member according to the "combined rankings >51" status.

Last edited by RND : Nov 6th, 2013 at 02:26 AM.
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #3
RND

Tournament Schedule

TR
TEST ROUND
R1 Brisbane/Auckland/Shenzhen

JAN
Teennis Melbourne 2000
R1 Sydney/Hobart
R2 Melbourne
R3 Paris/Pattaya City

FEB
Teennis Doha 900
R1 Doha
R2 Dubai/Rio de Janeiro
R3 Acapulco/Florianopolis

MAR
Teennis Miami 1000
R1 Indian Wells
R2 Miami
R3 Charleston/Monterrey

APR [Team Event]
Teennis Stuttgart 700
R1 Katowice/Bogota
R2 Stuttgart/Marrakesh
R3 Oeiras

MAY
Teennis Paris 2000
R1 Madrid
R2 Roma
R3 Brussels/Strasbourg
R4 Roland Garros

JUN
Teennis London 2000
R1 Birmingham/Nurnberg
R2 Eastbourne/'s-Hertogenbosch
R3 Wimbledon

JUL [Team Event]
Teennis Stanford 700
R1 Budapest/Palerm
R2 Bad Gastein/Bastad/Istanbul
R3 Baku
R4 Stanford/Washington

AUG
Teennis Montreal 900
R1 Montreal
R2 Cincinnati
R3 New Haven

SEP
Teennis New York 2000
R1 US Open
R2 Hong Kong/Quebec City
R3 Tokyo/Guangzhou/Seoul
R4 Wuhan/Tashkent

OCT
Teennis Beijing 1000
R1 Beijing
R2 Linz/Osaka
R3 Moscow/Luxembourg City

SEC
Teennis Season Ending Championship 1500 DOUBLE!
R1 Singapore (Tie Break Order: Hole 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and finally 1)
One Round Format; Green Locations (Score Rules) to be announced.

Last edited by RND : Oct 9th, 2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #4
RND

How Teennis functions

Before each tournament, there will be a “Round Schedule” confirmed. In which it will state how each Round (usually the WTA events in that week) work out and when would you have to submit your picks.

Each round consists of 6 holes; par score of 25, making a four-round par score of 100 (three-round par score of 75). Some test your member’s commitment to the WTA doubles tour, their level of play and ability of producing upsets in an event, and some depends on the insight and general knowledge about the tour of YOU on your prediction of the Feature Matches. Feature Match 1 and Feature Match 2 will be announced at the release of the draw of the WTA event(s) in that week (only 1R matches will be chosen for more time to submit picks). Feature Match 3 will be one of the finals in the week and will be announced along with “Round Schedule” (usually the final of the biggest tournament in that week).

Last edited by RND : Oct 11th, 2013 at 01:31 AM.
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 04:42 PM   #5
RND

Score Rule

For every hole the scores are counted as follows; tournament can have 3-4 rounds ("/" means "or"; "&" means "and"). Hole 1-3 in a round reward consistency and level of play from members; hole 4-6 reward your knowledge about the doubles Tour for making better score prediction:

* Results by w/o or retirement are considered results IN 2 (IN STRAIGHT SETS).
* Results by w/o or retirement from a pair already having won a set are considered results IN 3 (SET RATIO 1:2).
* Not applied to the Teennis Season-Ending Championship, where new Score Rules will be announced for the one-round format event.

In Team Events, 2 players partner up and the scores will be counted together for the final standings.

Ref.: Golf Scoring System http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Par_(score)

Points, Standings, and Teennis Rankings

The total score of 3 (Par-75) or 4 rounds (Par-100) will decide the final standings of a Teennis tournament.

The winner points and the name of each Teennis tournament would be given according to the highest level WTA/GS tournament in that period (month). i.e. 2000 points for the winner in Teennis Melbourne 2000 in January, and 900 points for the winner in Teennis Doha 900 in February.

Points for T2 and other standings will be allocated on the decreasing function of 90%. i.e. In Teennis Melbourne, #2 and ties get 1800, #3 and ties get 1620, #4 and ties get 1458, etc. Please be aware that when there are many ties, standings will adjust accordingly. i.e. 3 players in T1, then the players with the next-best score sit in T4 and get a #4 points of 1558. In Team Events, total number of participants will be cut to half, so more average points earned are expected. Bigger proportion of points is also expected in the Season-Ending Championship when there will be only 8 players in the field.

Overall Teennis rankings will be based on a 12-month cumulative system, counting in the total points of a player’s best 10 results. Only the top 8 ranked players before the start of the WTA YEC would win their tickets to the Teennis Season-Ending Championship in October; points earned in this event will be doubled (winner receives 3000 points).

Teennis Rankings will be updated after each tournament.

Last edited by RND : Mar 19th, 2014 at 04:30 AM.
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #6
RND

Special Items

Each player will have an Item Package (renewed in every season) throughout a WTA calendar year containing:

Power Wood x1

If your members’ combined ranking improved to <30, your penalties, if it happens, on Hole 1, 2, and 3 (Bogey-Bogey-Bogey) will automatically be cancelled and receive an even score (Par-Par-Par).

Green Navigator x 2

You can leave with Par (the score of 25) in a round. Claim it before the round starts (usually when you’re too occupied to come on this forum and submit picks).

Pin Hitter x 4

You can join the other team in one particular round. Claim it before the round starts. Your scores in the round will be calculated upon the members of the team you wish to join.

Ball-mark Steal x 1

If you finished in the bottom of a Teennis tournament, you can steal one member from the top finishing team in that tournament, and send one of your members out of competition. The team that gets stolen should pick up a new member (following the basic rule that members’ combined ranking > 51).

And if other players also have the member who gets stolen, they’ll also have to pick a new one that only the player activating Ball-mark Steal can have that certain member.

Last edited by RND : Oct 11th, 2013 at 02:29 AM.
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #7
RND

Think Before You Submit Your Team

1. Commitment:

Commitment takes a large part in the game. If you pick a winning machine such as Serena, make sure you choose a doubles player such as Abigail Spears. When both of your players are not in action in a round, you get yourself in trouble already as you would have a guaranteed +3 in Hole 1-3.

2. Balance:

“The higher-ranked, the better” could not be working as good as you think. Hole 2 is a test of members’ ability of knocking out seeds. The lower-ranked members will most likely play in more Internationals (MM) and you might get a bigger number of seeds they beat with them. And higher-ranked members are usually seeds themselves, which is one less chance of earning better scores. Only exception is that you're confident you're members would win a lot of matches so sure they would take out a lot of other seeds.

3. One Basket:

Better not select members that will most likely be partners in every tournament, which is less chance on gaining eagles on Hole 2 and 3. They will almost certainly take a break at some points and for that you would suffer for their not being in actions at the same time, so do not put all your eggs in one basket. Although when they win a title, an Albatross on Hole 1 could make up a little bit for that!

4. Winning is everything:

Extra chance you could achieve an Eagle is when one of your members making the finals, and you’ll have 50% chance having one on Hole 6. Good scores on Hole 2 and 3 are a lock as well when your members winning more matches.

When one of your members wins a title, you get an eagle on Hole 1 as well. When your members team up and win a title, you won an Albatross!

5. Any strategy to the game you want to share?

Last edited by RND : Oct 9th, 2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #8
country flag pwayne

pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of

Kristina Mladenovic - 20
Flavia Pennetta - 42

Team total - 62
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #9
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RND View Post
* Results by w/o or retirement are considered results IN 2 (IN STRAIGHT SETS).
Not sure if this game will ever run or I will ever play.

Results by retirement should be considered 2-1 if the retired pair already claimed a set.
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 08:55 PM   #10
country flag goOudinUSA

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Does the players have to be an actual team?

2014 Season
TT: Singles (0); Doubles (4) - Hong Kong w/catgamer, Grenoble w/catgamer, Santa Margherita Di Pula w/catgamer, Dothan w/catgamer
PAW: Hobart
Q-Ball: Shenzhen
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #11
RND

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwayne View Post
Kristina Mladenovic - 20
Flavia Pennetta - 42

Team total - 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by goOudinUSA View Post
Does the players have to be an actual team?
Noo! See "one basket" in Think Before You Submit Your Team.

You can choose two that will most likely be a team. But look through the Score Rule and you will find it could be more chance that, no one of your two members is "in action" in a round, then it's almost a guarantee you'll drop 3 shots on the front 3 (holes). And in that way they can not very well complement each other, also see "Commitment".

Kiki and Flavia could well be a team for 2014; possibly not every tournament, though. so it depends on your strategy. When they're playing together and winning, the rewards are basically doubled and vise versa. And when they both do not play in a week, you're sure to get 3 bogeys in Hole 1, 2, and 3, in that round! You can still change your members before deadline (Dec. 21)!

Thanks for your support by the way! I will host the game if there are more than 12 players committed.

Old Oct 9th, 2013, 10:51 PM   #12
RND

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
Not sure if this game will ever run or I will ever play.

Results by retirement should be considered 2-1 if the retired pair already claimed a set.
Thank you coolfish! This is one good suggestion! Didn't think of that scenario. I will add it to the Score Rule.

Old Oct 9th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #13
RND

If there are a good enough number of players submitting lists think we can have a test round in Brisbane/Auckland/Shenzhen.

Old Oct 10th, 2013, 12:33 AM   #14
country flag pwayne

pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RND View Post
Noo! See "one basket" in Think Before You Submit Your Team.

You can choose two that will most likely be a team. But look through the Score Rule and you will find it could be more chance that, no one of your two members is "in action" in a round, then it's almost a guarantee you'll drop 3 shots on the front 3 (holes). And in that way they can not very well complement each other, also see "Commitment".

Kiki and Flavia could well be a team for 2014; possibly not every tournament, though. so it depends on your strategy. When they're playing together and winning, the rewards are basically doubled and vise versa. And when they both do not play in a week, you're sure to get 3 bogeys in Hole 1, 2, and 3, in that round! You can still change your members before deadline (Dec. 21)!

Thanks for your support by the way! I will host the game if there are more than 12 players committed.
Will probably revise my team as I saw that they are playing together this week
Old Oct 10th, 2013, 04:29 AM   #15
RND

So you didn't know they would actually play together? Thought you see them doing well in the future from the last few events!

Thank you!