ABC Saved By Davenport - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 16th, 2003, 07:05 PM   #1
country flag Shooter

Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future
ABC Saved By Davenport

ABC was threatening to cut away from coverage of the Indian Wells Ladies final BEFORE the match ended. They already had missed covering the first set by showing the news conference from the Azores instead. Cutting away from the final before it finished would have been adding insult to injury. However ABC really lucked out with Davenport handing the match over to Clijsters in very short order. In fact the match ended right on cue, just as ABC was going to cut away to pro basketball. Had this match gone to a third set, ABC's coverage would have rated as one of the worst of all time - right down there with the infamous 'Heidi Game' of pro football.

Congratulations ABC on finding a way to insult all of the world's tennis fans, players, and administrators.
Shooter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 16th, 2003, 07:45 PM   #2
franny

franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute
lol

lol, abc should just stick to their figure skating and soccer and crap, they suck at showing tennis, they always have. I'm so glad that none of the grand slams are shown by abc cuz they'd ruin them too. ABC, let nbc, cbs, and espn do the coverage, u guys stunk.
no i am not talking about a racket or a squirrel, i am talking about the former and future number 1..............
martina hingis!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck Justine Henin Hardenne, Venus Williams, Maria Sharapova, Mary Pierce, and any of my other favorites that I might have forgotten about at this moment.
franny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2003, 08:10 PM   #3
country flag Jarrett
Don't mess with Texas!

Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of
Uh, as a figure skating fan and tennis fan. ABC SUCKS at showing figure skating too.
"Gee, Quinn... I hope that little foray of yours into Geekland just now is the result of heat exhaustion, and not an unpleasant side effect of all that tutoring. I mean, you're not turning into a brain, are you?" -- Sandi

Jarrett is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2003, 08:28 PM   #4
country flag ktwtennis

ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all
Yeah, let's just be glad they don't broadcast any other MAJOR event consistently...

I am a sinner too!
Jesus answered and said to him[Nicodemus, a Pharisee],"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again[of the Spirit/above], he cannot see the kingdom of God."--John 3:3

Good works can't save you from hell!! Jesus loves you and wants to be in your heart and mind!!!

I will worship Jesus forever!
ktwtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2003, 09:14 PM   #5
country flag LeonHart

LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute
Damnit Davenport! I wanted ABC to look bad

Sorana Cirstea - Stefanie Voegele - Michelle Larcher de Brito - Alexandra Dulgheru

Martina I will miss you!!
LeonHart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote