Top six ranking post IW final - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 16th, 2003, 02:23 PM   #1
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Top six ranking post IW final

Well, assuming my math, and tenniscorner.net's math are both good

Code:
If Kim wins 

01 6939 13 S Williams
02 4994 13 V Williams
03 4451 23 Clijsters        (4311 + 140)
04 3544 21 Henin-Hardenne 
05 2910 18 Capriati
06 2854 14 Davenport

If Lindsay wins

01 6939 13 S Williams
02 4994 13 V Williams
03 4311 23 Clijsters 
04 3544 21 Henin-Hardenne 
05 3017 14 Davenport          (2854 + 163)
06 2910 18 Capriati
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 16th, 2003, 02:25 PM   #2
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
The distance between 2 and 3 is continually shrinking... and a big log jam from 4-8.
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2003, 02:38 PM   #3
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Yes and Kim didn't have great results until post Wimbledon if my memory serves me correct. She can catch up with Venus by Wimbledon.
Old Mar 16th, 2003, 02:41 PM   #4
country flag Mercury Rising
Team WTAworld
Destroyer of the Ring

Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron®
Yes and Kim didn't have great results until post Wimbledon if my memory serves me correct. She can catch up with Venus by Wimbledon.
The only thing is Hamburg, and also semifinal at Rome I think. So it's not "nothing".

Member of Justine Philistines' Society
Mercury Rising is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2003, 03:04 PM   #5
Myskina Lina

Myskina Lina has disabled reputation
All Kims best results are after USOpen, besides Hamburg.
Myskina Lina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2003, 03:06 PM   #6
disposablehero

disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myskina Lina
Yes, if Kim stays healthy and keeps her current form, she is going to have a lot, lot, lot of points.
Old Mar 16th, 2003, 03:11 PM   #7
country flag Dava

Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future
Kim certainly looks good on paper, hopefully she can keep close with the Williams' on court as well as on paper.

But you have to admit, Serena rulez! She is gonna be tough this year!!!!
Dava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 12:48 AM   #8
joao

joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road joao is on a distinguished road
Kim is doing great but remember that she has a lot more than 17 tournaments. So to add points to her total, she has always to go farther than Venus who in contrast with her only 13 tourneys always is adding when the pts come off. In other words, Kim will always have to do better than her 18th best tourney to add pts. For example, in IW she earned a lot more pts than what she added to her total in the 52 weeks-ranking because her 18th best was at 88. The same will happen in Miami. Basically, she will start adding probably only after the R16 while Venus will be adding from the start. And I don't think Kim will win Miami. That would be surprising, after having reached Scottsdale finals and won IW. That's too much tennis at a high level to sustain.

It's fun, friendly and free!!!!

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most", Darwinian Motto
joao is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 12:53 AM   #9
country flag ~|Naomi|~

~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
No Kim has 200 points to defend in Rome, and 189 to defend at Stanford.
So she has Hamburg, Rome, Stanford to defend which are good performances and the 122 at US Open and 93 at San Diego as well to defend. So only 5 tournaments to defend till post US Open
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 01:53 AM   #10
country flag BK4ever

BK4ever has disabled reputation
Venus is definitely in danger of losing her #1 ranking. I'm not worried worried about Kim, I'm worried about Venus. This would not even be an issue if she would play tournaments. I don't know what her plan is, but its not working.

If she at least plays to her ranking, she will most likely hold her #2 spot for French seeding, but she is in grave danger of losing it for Wimby and the US Open

Serena, Madison, Taylor, Sloane, Gaby, Sloane, Heather, Sachia,Victoria, Sania
Coco, Beatrice, Jessica, Christina, Lauren, Robin, Dinara, Noppy, Mia, Flavia
Kaia, Aga, Urzula, Tamira, Gisela, Timea, Veras, ALG, Klina, Wozi, Sveta, Vikas, Misa
BK4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 01:55 AM   #11
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not concerned with the rankings. If Venus drops to #3, she will get #2 or #1 back soon enough
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 02:02 AM   #12
country flag BK4ever

BK4ever has disabled reputation
yes...she will gain it back, but she now risk meeting serena before the final

Serena, Madison, Taylor, Sloane, Gaby, Sloane, Heather, Sachia,Victoria, Sania
Coco, Beatrice, Jessica, Christina, Lauren, Robin, Dinara, Noppy, Mia, Flavia
Kaia, Aga, Urzula, Tamira, Gisela, Timea, Veras, ALG, Klina, Wozi, Sveta, Vikas, Misa
BK4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 02:20 AM   #13
country flag vickiebos

vickiebos is just really nice vickiebos is just really nice vickiebos is just really nice vickiebos is just really nice vickiebos is just really nice vickiebos is just really nice vickiebos is just really nice vickiebos is just really nice vickiebos is just really nice vickiebos is just really nice vickiebos is just really nice
If Venus and Serena have a slip up at the next two majors, Kim could become #1.
vickiebos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 02:27 AM   #14
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickiebos
If Venus and Serena have a slip up at the next two majors, Kim could become #1.
That is a MAJOR if !
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 03:10 AM   #15
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
The most neat, orderly top four in history

Serena beats everybody

Venus beats everybody, except Serena. Still, last year she had two losses to ...

Kim beats everybody, except Serena, and USUALLY loses to Venus, but beat her twice last year (Once on a retirement, but a loss is a loss). Still last year at Rome, she lost to ....

Justine beats everybody, except Serena, and Venus, and USUALLY loses to Kim, but last year she beat Kim at Rome

When you look at the head-to-heads, and how they did in each tournament in the last 12 months, 1, 2, 3, and 4 line right up. It's not usually this clear cut.