Time Magazine: Secrets of Genius - Einstein, Jobs, Shakepseare & LordRena - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #16
country flag Manitou

Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future
Re: Time Magazine: Secrets of Genius - Einstein, Jobs, Shakepseare & LordRena

A typical popular pulp for brainless masses. Just to entertain, but with no actual value.
Diana, Elvis, aliens...

--

Outside Poland: Simona and Elina
Manitou is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2013, 05:33 PM   #17
country flag desiderium

desiderium has much to be proud of desiderium has much to be proud of desiderium has much to be proud of desiderium has much to be proud of desiderium has much to be proud of desiderium has much to be proud of desiderium has much to be proud of desiderium has much to be proud of desiderium has much to be proud of desiderium has much to be proud of desiderium has much to be proud of

QUEEN

SWEET 18

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
desiderium is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #18
country flag MMJSL

MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute

Wozniacki. Stosur. Jankovic. Halep.
Venus. Stephens. Hampton. Bouchard. Bencic.
Seles. Henin. Davenport. Hingis. Clijsters.
MMJSL is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #19
country flag Veesus

Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
I'm not hating, just stating. And people are talking about BJK as one of the founders of WTA and 13-times slam champ, but outside of tennis her influence is slim to none.

And 50 years from now they'll put a popular athlete of that era on such cover.

It just struck me immediately upon seeing the Time cover that Williams' and Jobs' influence will be inexorably limited to the era they lived in, whereas Shakespeare and particularly Einstein's influence is more everlasting.
She's a tennis player... not an academic, President, etc. She forever will be spoken about in the context of tennis, female rights, etc. Why do you expect anything more? Your post is so illogical.

Serena has FOREVER written her name in history. She has accomplished MANY firsts. Yes, someone else might come along and do what Serena has done and maybe even more, but people ALWAYS remember the FIRST.
Veesus is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #20
country flag MMJSL

MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute

Living legend.

Old Oct 4th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #21
country flag MMJSL

This is not just a win for Serena. This is a win for TENNIS. We should celebrate this not try and bring it down.

Old Oct 4th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #22
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not hating, just stating. And people are talking about BJK as one of the founders of WTA and 13-times slam champ, but outside of tennis her influence is slim to none.

It just struck me immediately upon seeing the Time cover that Williams' and Jobs' influence will be inexorably limited to the era they lived in, whereas Shakespeare and particularly Einstein's influence is more everlasting.
She will be one of the great players of tennis history but you are right in so far as 95% of people at least will not know who she was by then. It's in the nature of sports stars that their public profile fades rapidly once they stop playing.

Shakespeare is still a household name nearly 400 years after he died. It's a safe bet that both Williams and jobs will have faded into obscurity by then.

No doubt Time magazine wanted to feature a couple of modern faces on their cover for this story. It's also an American magazine so they probably wanted an American or two represented. But I'm sure they're not suggesting that Williams and Jobs' achievements rank anything close to those of Shakespeare and Einstein. At least if they are then the editor is a complete fuckwit.

Last edited by bobito : Oct 4th, 2013 at 06:02 PM.
bobito is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #23
country flag Sisyphus

Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute

An insult to Shakespeare and Einstein.
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #24
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Serena (and Venus) ushered in a renaissance of non-white players into women's tennis. She is a black icon, the female Ali. She will never be forgotten. Seethe!

██████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 05:52 PM   #25
country flag MrSerenaWilliams
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMJSL View Post
This is not just a win for Serena. This is a win for TENNIS. We should celebrate this not try and bring it down.
Win for TENNIS, ATHLETES, WOMEN, AND PEOPLE OF COLOR.

Old Oct 4th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #26
country flag Smacky the Frog

Smacky the Frog has disabled reputation

Jobs and Williams line in line with the great Shakespeare and Einstein, and the lemmings are celebrating. Yawn.
Smacky the Frog is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #27
country flag tennisboi

tennisboi has a reputation beyond repute tennisboi has a reputation beyond repute tennisboi has a reputation beyond repute tennisboi has a reputation beyond repute tennisboi has a reputation beyond repute tennisboi has a reputation beyond repute tennisboi has a reputation beyond repute tennisboi has a reputation beyond repute tennisboi has a reputation beyond repute tennisboi has a reputation beyond repute tennisboi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is a win for TENNIS. We should celebrate this not try and bring it down.
This.

Plus it is Serena's second time on the cover of Time Magazine. Very impressive

98 US Open/99 Wimbledon/00 Australian Open
Atlanta 96 Singles Gold Medallist

Year end world number 1 98/01/04/05
tennisboi is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 05:55 PM   #28
country flag Poyana

Poyana has much to be proud of Poyana has much to be proud of Poyana has much to be proud of Poyana has much to be proud of Poyana has much to be proud of Poyana has much to be proud of Poyana has much to be proud of Poyana has much to be proud of Poyana has much to be proud of Poyana has much to be proud of Poyana has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AureaLibertas View Post
An insult to Shakespeare and Einstein.
I love Serena, really do, but I agree. What the hell! I'm not even a fan of the arrogant twat, but if a tennis player had to be put up it has to be Roger. Style, success and yes, genius at times.

I guess we need to know what the Mag will write about Serena, but on the face of it, this seems like a fail! Typical of much of the journalism and media these days.
Poyana is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #29
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

Not Serena by herself, rather the Williams sisters have booked their place in the history books as some of the greatest athletes of all time. Man or woman. They wont be forgotten in 50 years.
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #30
country flag Poyana

Poyana has much to be proud of Poyana has much to be proud of Poyana has much to be proud of Poyana has much to be proud of Poyana has much to be proud of Poyana has much to be proud of Poyana has much to be proud of Poyana has much to be proud of Poyana has much to be proud of Poyana has much to be proud of Poyana has much to be proud of

Quote:
True though. Serena is a treasure to the WTA and Tennis in general. Well done Serena
Poyana is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread