How many #1s will we have in 2014? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: ?

1! 30 42.86%
2. 19 27.14%
3. 13 18.57%
More than 3. 4 5.71%
Hard to say. 4 5.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 4th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #31
SerenaSlam

SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future
Re: How many #1s will we have in 2014?

Why is Vika a discussion? She is nearly 5,000 points behind Serena. The start of 2014 has her defending 2200pts to Serena's 970...Even if she was only 2,000 points behind mathematically it cannot happen. Add the fact that Serena has the opportunity to add to her lead more than Vika can catch up. She currently is creating a cushion, and all she can do at the beginning of the year is build that cushion for the clay court season. I just don't see her losing it

Let The Word....Do the Work...

Speak over YOURSELF...

Follow Me! @CedricEarl
SerenaSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #32
country flag Simugna Help

Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenaSlam View Post
Why is Vika a discussion? She is nearly 5,000 points behind Serena. The start of 2014 has her defending 2200pts to Serena's 970...Even if she was only 2,000 points behind mathematically it cannot happen. Add the fact that Serena has the opportunity to add to her lead more than Vika can catch up. She currently is creating a cushion, and all she can do at the beginning of the year is build that cushion for the clay court season. I just don't see her losing it
Yes, if anyone is going to overtake Serena it'll be towards the end of 2014 when most or all of the currently counted results will wear off. Basically someone can overtake Serena only on the back of her 2014 results because Serena's kicked so much ass this year.
Simugna Help is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #33
country flag Direwolf

Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute

2 the most...

I just dont think both Serena and Vika/Maria will suddenly drop off the planet...

Vika is on her way though
Direwolf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #34
country flag Nabalonge

Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by malarkist View Post
i cant at people still harking about petra becoming number 1.
that boat sailed a loooooong time ago bitches.
Petra blinked unfortunately.

Nabalonge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #35
country flag klimike

klimike is a splendid one to behold klimike is a splendid one to behold klimike is a splendid one to behold klimike is a splendid one to behold klimike is a splendid one to behold klimike is a splendid one to behold klimike is a splendid one to behold klimike is a splendid one to behold klimike is a splendid one to behold klimike is a splendid one to behold klimike is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy-Na View Post
How many titles will Shuai Peng win in 2014?
0 but 2 125k finals lol
klimike is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #36
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenaSlam View Post
Well only because she is the second best player, and it is rare to only have one number one for the whole year.

But Serena might keep it the whole year, she will at least until RG. (Most likely longer).
garwe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 11:49 PM   #37
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_CLAUDIA_1961 View Post
Agree.

OP, I want to know HOW in heck you put Sloane Stephens in there as a challenger for #1? Stephens has immense talent, but is a quitter and has a horrible attitude out on court unfortunately early on in her career. Oh wait, you must be kidding. Never mind ...
Serena was the same early in her career. Sloane can easily make #1 someday.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 11:53 PM   #38
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
Serena was the same early in her career. Sloane can easily make #1 someday.
Serena was never a quitter, had won multiple slams and was the dominant world #1 at the age Sloane is now, so your comparison really breaks down at every level imaginable.

Of course Sloane will not be world #1 next year.
Olórin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 11:56 PM   #39
country flag dwyerfan

dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light

Only 1. What reason is there to think Serena will lose #1 anytime next year.
dwyerfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 12:19 AM   #40
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olórin View Post
Serena was never a quitter, had won multiple slams and was the dominant world #1 at the age Sloane is now, so your comparison really breaks down at every level imaginable.

Of course Sloane will not be world #1 next year.
Richard has said many times that Serena is a quitter, lazy, part-time tennis player, etc.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 12:20 AM   #41
country flag dwyerfan

dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light

Why are people thinking Vika could get it anytime before after the U.S Open at earliest next year. She is going to end this year so far behind Serena in points it isnt funny, and she starts next year with more to defend too. Heck Serena wins the Australian Open (and she probably will) and year end #1 is already over next year too. The rest only with a chance to cut into the huge gap and give themselves a chance for 2015.
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 12:55 AM   #42
SerenaSlam

SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future

I think Serena realizes the gap she is creating, I think mentally right now it is hard on her, but unknowingly I think she has begun what she feels will be her way out. If she keeps rolling like she is she won't lose the ranking and she wants to end her career peaking. In my opinion a 5,000 point lead is a very good start lmao.

Let The Word....Do the Work...

Speak over YOURSELF...

Follow Me! @CedricEarl
SerenaSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 12:58 AM   #43
country flag dwyerfan

I think Serena wants to pack on those weeks at #1. If she stays there until early 2017 she would catch Graf in that department
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 01:01 AM   #44
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
Richard has said many times that Serena is a quitter, lazy, part-time tennis player, etc.
I don't think he has ever called his child a quitter

Sloane will never be Serena, she'll be lucky to achieve half of Capriati's career or a 1/3 of Davenport's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 09:42 AM   #45
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

In the first part of the year 2014 Vika Azarenka has most ranking points to defend in Australian Open (W), Doha (W), Rome (F) and Roland Garros (SF). But if she is fit and healthy, she will have relatively good chances to gain more points e.g. in Brisbane (QF), possibly Dubai (-), Indian Wells (R4), Miami (-), possibly Monterrey (-) or Stuttgart (-), Madrid (R2), and Wimbledon (R2). Injuries messed up a lot Vika's schedule between Doha and Rome in 2013, and then again after Wimbledon. Madrid and Carlsbad were kind of "comeback" tournaments for her. After the US Open final she got sick in Tokyo. So the year 2013 has been quite sporadic for Vika, but there is still one title left to win in Istanbul.
http://www.matchstat.com/Player/Victoria%20Azarenka

In the beginning of the year 2014 Serena Williams obviously will have a huge lead as #1 but who knows if she is going to play as many tournaments next year as she did in 2013. Besides in sports someone like Virginie Razzano, Sloane Stephens, Sabine Lisicki or Miss Sleeping Beauty Michelle Larcher de Brito (for Sharapova) might cause upsets for big favourites.

What comes to Maria Sharapova, her current and future fitness level is a big question mark, and she has only played 3 matches after the French Open 2013, 2 in Wimbledon and 1 in Cincinnati.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote