Is Nadia Petrova Finished? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 11:00 PM   #1
country flag $uricate

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute
Is Nadia Petrova Finished?

At least as far as singles is concerned?

I don't see her playing again this year and she will probably be out of the top 100 by the years end.

And she's 31.

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 11:11 PM   #2
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Nadia Petrova Finished?

Yes.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 11:12 PM   #3
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Firing Sanchez was the worst decission of her life.

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 11:29 PM   #4
country flag Uranus

Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute

You never know with Nadia. She's so talented. Way too talented to be ranked so low.
Uranus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 11:50 PM   #5
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute

hard to say with her.I thought she was finished a couple of years ago and should have stick to doubles and then (out of nowhere)she almost ended 2012 in the top10.
firing Sanchez was indeed a really stupid move though
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #6
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I think she had an injury for a while..

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nadia...75409989183767

"I felt I owed you a heartfelt explanation after my heart wrenching loss yesterday. As you all well know, I've been struggling with a leg injury since Europe. Although I took off from playing in 3 tournaments, the doctors warned me that if I continued to play, I could make things worse. As a competitor, it's really hard to hear of accept this but it's clear, things are a bit more serious so I must put down my racket to do the appropriate treatments to avoid surgery. Sadly this is not the news I wanted to give but I had wanted to be honest so none of you thought I was just giving away matches. I promise to keep you all updated and hope this extended time of rest and treatment will have me strong and ready when I'm given the green lights. Thank you for your support."
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 12:22 AM   #7
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute

I use to really enjoy the Russians when they played at the time with Venus, Serena, Hingis, Lindsey, Pierce, Jen, Kimmye, Justine, Amelie, Chanda, Seles, Ana K, and others. They played better before the WTA went on a strategic campaign to make them irrelevant for Maria. They were good players but when they got their golden girl, they started putting the Russian players on lower courts such as court 12 - 18. They just disappeared in the night never to be seen again. And after Elena and Dinara retired, they really became irrelevant and it never made any sense.

Nadia always had so much potential but she could never control her emotions and put all of her talents together to get the big win. Nadia is young and I hope she recovers from her injuries and continues to play tennis. At this point, I can't say that she will never win a grand slam, although the probability doesn't look too good. But hell, who would have thunk Francesca would have won the FO or Marion would have won the most coveted slam of all (Wimbeldon)

I just think if she can play and is healthy, and wants to play, then she should play.
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 12:25 AM   #8
country flag GameSetJJ
Delusional Jankobitch

GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Million dollar talent - five cent head.

Bartoli Li Serena
GameSetJJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 12:25 AM   #9
country flag Potato

Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Nadia is young
not in tennis years
Potato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 12:34 AM   #10
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSetJJ View Post
I don't think I would have put that way, but you're right.
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 12:36 AM   #11
country flag LindsayRulz

LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benshka View Post
You never know with Nadia. She's so talented. Way too talented to be ranked so low.
Talent isn't the issue with Nadia IMO, it's her motivation. If she worked her ass off she sure could get back to the top 15-20, but I just can't see it happening at that stage of her career.
LindsayRulz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 12:39 AM   #12
country flag wildemu

wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSetJJ View Post
And she always comes across as solid as a rock in interviews, off the court. But a totally different person on the court.
wildemu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 12:46 AM   #13
country flag Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
not in tennis years

You're right. I just want her to do her best and play as long as she wants too.
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 12:57 AM   #14
country flag somethingkinda

somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold

Is she an American now or was that just a rumor?
somethingkinda is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 01:18 AM   #15
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

It's so bizarre. She kind of out of nowhere got back to right on the brink of the top ten last year, only to fire the coach who helped get her there and start absolutely SUCKING. She doesn't think .

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote