Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 79 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2014, 02:37 PM   #1171
country flag Evan86

Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
^Think you're being far too pessimistic. Compared to a lot of top players Simona is doing pretty well. Better that she starts matches a bit slow but finishes strongly than the other way around. Ditto for the tournament as a whole. No top player aims to be at their best in week 1 of a slam. Simona needs to peak next week, not now.
Exactly, there is no reason to think that she will lose to the 152nd ranked player in the world, even if she won't be at 100%. That last service game against Lepchenko was just perfect, watching that I realised that Simona can cope with the heat a lot better than other players and that she is slowly but certainly shaking off the rust.
Evan86 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 16th, 2014, 04:51 PM   #1172
country flag Serve2Win

Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future

I hope she plays well against this Diyaz girl.
I saw a clip yesterday Diyaz playing Henin. I thought Diyaz was one of the new girls on the tour. There is a reason she is ranked 158 after so many years on the tour.
Simona should step up and take her out cold. No mess. No slow start. None of that.
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 04:54 PM   #1173
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Diyas was close to lose to an injured Mitu in QR2. Her run was all sorts of impressive, but so many matches in the heat of Melbourne surely take a toll on your body.

If Simona can get some consistency going from the baseline, she should win this by a blow-out scoreline.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 05:51 PM   #1174
country flag ILC

ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serve2Win View Post
I hope she plays well against this Diyaz girl.
I saw a clip yesterday Diyaz playing Henin. I thought Diyaz was one of the new girls on the tour. There is a reason she is ranked 158 after so many years on the tour.
Simona should step up and take her out cold. No mess. No slow start. None of that.
Me still wonder people, who think that rating relevant with performance. This 158 ranked won 52 ranked Erakovic, so what.....

And for example in 2010 Diyas won match versus Jankovic Jelena in Moscow....
ILC is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 06:05 PM   #1175
country flag Evan86

Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveCats View Post
Me still wonder people, who think that rating relevant with performance. This 158 ranked won 52 ranked Erakovic, so what.....

So ranking is not relevant to performance? Then I guess it's useless, we should get rid of it Players who are ranked outside the top 100 are there because they can't win consecutive matches very often. Simona will have to play an entire match as bad as that first set and a half against Keys. I don't think that's possible, the time difference and jet lag had a lot to do with that performance of hers. Diyas beating Jankovic 3-4 years ago means nothing, if Simona is playing at only 50% against this girl, she will still win the match.
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 06:09 PM   #1176
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveCats View Post

Perhaps Erakovic crumbled in the heat too, we don't know. The scoreline might suggest that - bagelled in the 2nd.

Most players have a big win in their locker but it doesn't mean they can consistently perform.

Well done to Diyas for making it so far. My hope is actually that she plays really well and forces Simona to step up her game and win something like 6-1, 6-2. The first 2 matches for Simona have been so fractured that it would be good for her to get a 'proper' match under her belt before facing the big guns.
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 06:17 PM   #1177
country flag Evan86

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
Perhaps Erakovic crumbled in the heat too, we don't know. The scoreline might suggest that - bagelled in the 2nd.
Neah, she is just in a disastrous form, she hasn't won back to back matches in God knows how long. She was just lucky to encounter Cirstea in the 1st round, a player on a 5 match losing streak (6 now), who plays even worse than Erakovic at the moment.
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 06:30 PM   #1178
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan86 View Post
Neah, she is just in a disastrous form, she hasn't won back to back matches in God knows how long. She was just lucky to encounter Cirstea in the 1st round, a player on a 5 match losing streak (6 now), who plays even worse than Erakovic at the moment.
This. The nr of UE's in Cirstea - Erakovic match was huge - somewhere at 60% of total number of balls played.
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 10:00 PM   #1179
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

You are all very sure about this, personally never seen Diyas play, so it's impossible for me to say Simona will destroy her. Players like Diyas are ambitious and have nothing to lose, plus Simona isn't playing her best in Australia. Look what happened to Kvitova. Let's better wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
A Halep fan talking about Arrogance, have you seen how Halep carries herself on court.
NeKo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 10:16 PM   #1180
country flag Evan86

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeKo View Post
You are all very sure about this, personally never seen Diyas play, so it's impossible for me to say Simona will destroy her. Players like Diyas are ambitious and have nothing to lose, plus Simona isn't playing her best in Australia. Look what happened to Kvitova. Let's better wait and see.
I don't know if Simona will destroy her, but I'm sure she will beat her, even if it will take 3 sets (unlikely). Kvitova was never going to be able to handle this heat, not with her asthma and her fitness problems. Plus, she has been up and down the past 2-3 years, I don't think she is a good example.
No one is playing their best in Australia right now but Simona showed glimpses of her form from last year in the 3rd set against Lepchenko. If you guys are worried about a match against Diyas, what will you say when she will have to play Jankovic or Sharapova? No, Simona is a top player now, we can't think a player who is not among the first 150 in the world, can actually beat her. She is not Cirstea or Flipkens.
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 10:55 PM   #1181
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
... we can't think a player who is not among the first 150 in the world, can actually beat her. She is not Cirstea or Flipkens.
Aww, poor Sorana!
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 11:06 PM   #1182
country flag ILC

ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all

Quote:
Simona showed glimpses of her form from last year in the 3rd set against Lepchenko.
Yeah, I liked 3rd set too. However the speed of game was maximum in 1st set, first 4-5 games, Lepchenko was powerfull yet
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 11:10 PM   #1183
country flag ILC

Quote:
So ranking is not relevant to performance? Then I guess it's useless, we should get rid of it
The intrigue is that low rank players can play 1 random tournament in year very good, like high skill. And the rest of year bad. So overal rank is bad, because rank depends from whole year stability, or at least high performans at grand slams
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 04:41 AM   #1184
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

After she showed signs of life at the end of the first set, I knew she'd come back. Shame that Lepchenko struggled in the heat though
I believe she will make her first R16 at the Australian Open this year!

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 04:52 AM   #1185
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

She will not lose to Diyas.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread