Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 72 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 09:31 AM   #1066
country flag drg

drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

in the next 2 rounds even if she wants she can't lose . good training for R4.
drg is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 09:40 AM   #1067
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
in the next 2 rounds even if she wants she can't lose . good training for R4.
I agree.

Simona should be a lock for R4 if not anything dramatically happens to her. It's very good if she can escape the heat through quick matches although she doesn't strike me as a player who is suffering from heat conditions.

People also report that Jankovic is hampered. It will be interesting to see how the next two weeks will pan out.
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 11:06 AM   #1068
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Simona

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Rezai Pervak Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova Milevskaya
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 11:27 AM   #1069
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
People also report that Jankovic is hampered.
She slipped and had an ankle problem afterwards. Or did she? Maybe she's just making her excuses early because she knows Simona will batter her.

BRAZIL 2014
Tall and tan and young and lovely
The girl from Ipanema goes walking
And when she passes, each one she passes
Goes "Aaaah"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJkxFhFRFDA
CheddarChomper is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 12:30 PM   #1070
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
She slipped and had an ankle problem afterwards. Or did she? Maybe she's just making her excuses early because she knows Simona will batter her.
I saw the match she was very close to broke her ankle, anyway good news is, that Simona it's starting to play her level. We will see what happend until R4 and who she will play if she gets there.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Eugenie Bouchard,Sabine Lisicki,Maria Sharapova,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Dominika Cibulkova,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 01:47 PM   #1071
country flag Zumzzet

Zumzzet is a glorious beacon of light Zumzzet is a glorious beacon of light Zumzzet is a glorious beacon of light Zumzzet is a glorious beacon of light Zumzzet is a glorious beacon of light Zumzzet is a glorious beacon of light Zumzzet is a glorious beacon of light Zumzzet is a glorious beacon of light Zumzzet is a glorious beacon of light Zumzzet is a glorious beacon of light Zumzzet is a glorious beacon of light

Well played Simona, it's very good that she doesn't stay too much on court and she can rest for following rounds.
Zumzzet is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 03:51 PM   #1072
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Practice Schedule: 15 January 2014 ( http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/scores/.../practice.html )

Court 5
Day Session 3 - 10:15 - 10:45
Kveta Peschke (CZE)
Katarina Srebotnik (SLO)

Simona Halep (ROU)
Alexandra Cadantu (ROU)

WTF !? Is that even allowed ?

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #136 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #131 - RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch; Suicide: #48 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #80 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #79
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 03:53 PM   #1073
country flag Serve2Win

Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post
good win and performance regardless the opponent
but needs some improvement to reach her best

go on simona

Net point won: 1 of 2.
This is Halep's weakest point. She needs to go to the net more to finish off the points.. She hits those great shots deep in the corner but still waits at the baseline. Her game would improve greatly if she could move inside the court more.
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 03:55 PM   #1074
country flag Serve2Win

Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
Last week's disaster was planned - you don't come in Australia from 0 degrees to 30 and cutting 9 hours time difference with only 3 days for accommodation hoping to win. She knew it and she is not affected by that lost.
she should have gone straight to Melbourne... and spend the week there instead of playing Sydney when she had not recovered from the flight and timezone change.
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 03:57 PM   #1075

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serve2Win View Post
Net point won: 1 of 2.
This is Halep's weakest point. She needs to go to the net more to finish off the points.. She hits those great shots deep in the corner but still waits at the baseline. Her game would improve greatly if she could move inside the court more.
You can't make these assumptions based only on yesterday's match. Because Piter pulled an incredible bad match for a GS . Let's see in the 3rd/4th Round how the statistics will look .

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #136 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #131 - RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch; Suicide: #48 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #80 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #79
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 03:58 PM   #1076
country flag Serve2Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
Ok, let's talk dresses! :big-girl:

Quite apart from your own preference, do you think it was purely a practical decision by Simona to switch from the blue dress of Sydney to a white dress (because white absorbs less heat than blue) ?

Or, could there have been some superstition involved too? I don't know if Simona is particularly superstitious but do you think she might now consider that blue dress to be unlucky? Do you think we'll see the blue dress again (say indoors in Paris)?

Thoughts and opinions please!
LOL.. that's the question discussion we have during off-season.. lol
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 03:59 PM   #1077
country flag Serve2Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
You can't make these assumptions based only on yesterday's match. Because Piter pulled an incredible bad match for a GS . Let's see in the 3rd/4th Round how the statistics will look .
I made this suggestion during the off-season too (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=625249). I was wishing she'd work on that. It's not solely based on yesterday's match. I seriously think she'll be more dangerous if she can get off the baseline more often.

Last edited by Serve2Win : Jan 14th, 2014 at 08:53 PM.
Serve2Win is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 04:03 PM   #1078

^ Yes , you are right but let's wait until we see a few good matches (from both sides [Simona and the opponent]) because we haven't seen any till now (from the 2)

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 05:07 PM   #1079
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Against better players she will probably be more aggressive, at least she needs to. She showed good display against Piter, when I saw her warming up I understood that she wants to enjoy her time on court. And she did. I don't know if she likes the court cause it's pretty fast, but she has the right game to trouble almost everybody when she's on, I say almost everybody cause I think it would be very hard for Simona to beat hard hitters on this kind of court, she could get overpowered by hard hitters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
A Halep fan talking about Arrogance, have you seen how Halep carries herself on court.
NeKo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 06:04 PM   #1080
country flag Serve2Win

And the way you bother the hard hitters is to move inside when they are pushed off the court. You have to force them to hit passing shots. You can't stay back and give them all the time they need to tee off. They'll kill you if you don't put pressure on them. You don't want to give them the whole court to hit in.
I hope her coach looks at those Net Points and, at least, tries to teach her how to move inside the court. That will take her game to another level.

since she doesn't have twitter, she can't hello to the fans.

Last edited by Serve2Win : Jan 14th, 2014 at 09:27 PM.
Serve2Win is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread