Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 71 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 12:23 AM   #1051
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
Ends with Simona blowing invisible dust off her fingernails.
That was gold dust!

What a difference a week makes!! She was hitting the court not spraying it 3 feet wide or long. There were 4 or 5 points there she played absolutely beautifully and on the rest she did enough to win. Looks like she might play herself right into form for that 4R match with JJ!
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 12:25 AM   #1052
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Okay performance, after last week's disaster anyway.

She was able to save some energy and that is what is important.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 12:30 AM   #1053
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Okay performance, after last week's disaster anyway.

She was able to save some energy and that is what is important.
Last week's disaster was planned - you don't come in Australia from 0 degrees to 30 and cutting 9 hours time difference with only 3 days for accommodation hoping to win. She knew it and she is not affected by that lost.
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 12:37 AM   #1054

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
Last week's disaster was planned - you don't come in Australia from 0 degrees to 30 and cutting 9 hours time difference with only 3 days for accommodation hoping to win. She knew it and she is not affected by that lost.

Baldrick's catchphrase from old British TV comedy, Blackadder
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 12:39 AM   #1055
country flag Evan86

Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
In the post match interview , She said she will go for Running and stretching after the match Determination.

I liked the game in some ways but still isn't autumn 2013 Simona on the court .

If she wants to get past the 3rd/4th Round , she has to improve a little bit.

Most top players don't play their best tennis in the early rounds, they constanly increase their level as they advance in the tournament. Let's hope this is the case for Simona too. And, tbh, Piter was so bad that it must have been really hard for Simona to concentrate :P
Evan86 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 12:41 AM   #1056
country flag DollyRose
GOTHIC LOLITA

DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Simona on her win
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 12:43 AM   #1057
country flag Evan86

Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyRose View Post
Congrats to Simona on her win
Thanks, we appreciate it!

Damn, Genie is so qute
Evan86 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 01:34 AM   #1058

Ok, let's talk dresses! :big-girl:

Quite apart from your own preference, do you think it was purely a practical decision by Simona to switch from the blue dress of Sydney to a white dress (because white absorbs less heat than blue) ?

Or, could there have been some superstition involved too? I don't know if Simona is particularly superstitious but do you think she might now consider that blue dress to be unlucky? Do you think we'll see the blue dress again (say indoors in Paris)?

Thoughts and opinions please!
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 01:40 AM   #1059
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Normal Simona is back.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 04:43 AM   #1060
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Simona A great warm-up round for her.
muusa is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 04:48 AM   #1061
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Ok, this is a good win against a modest opponent, but she was supposed to work on her first service. With a 61% percent you can`t pass a stronger player. But I blame this on the lack of concentration since this was the first game and Piter did not put up any fight. Congrats Simona, but I will like to see some improvement in the next match
s0higher is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 04:55 AM   #1062
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Nicely done Simona
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 07:23 AM   #1063
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see that she won with relatively little struggle. Way to go
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 09:03 AM   #1064

UP NEXT in R2:

Varvara Lepchenko (USA by way of Uzbekistan), WTA #50, who beat Lesia Tsurenko (UKR) in 3 sets in R1.

THEN R3:

Erakovic (NZL), #52 or Diyas (KAZ), #152

Simona is also in doubles playing match 2 on Court 5 on Day 3 (Wed): Kveta Peschke (CZE) [4] / Katarina Srebotnik (SLO) [4] vs. Alexandra Cadantu (ROU) / Simona Halep (ROU)

Court 5 isn't televised. I like that she's playing doubles but I hope she doesn't tire herself out in the heat!

Last edited by CheddarChomper : Jan 14th, 2014 at 09:40 AM.
CheddarChomper is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 09:10 AM   #1065
country flag CristianB8

CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of

Well done Simona! A good warm up
CristianB8 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread