Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 49 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2014, 07:22 AM   #721
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Very good draw in my opinion to start off the season. Keys as well as Hantuchova match up pretty well with Simona's gamestyle and I expect her to beat both without any problems.

But then again the start of the year usually serves some random results or unexpected turnarounds. I hope, though, that she really enjoyed a good off-season preparation and is now healthy and hungry for more wins.
Advertisement

Old Jan 4th, 2014, 07:48 AM   #722
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Not the luckiest draw for our girl, but I hope she can make it. Good luck, Simona!
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 10:03 AM   #723
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
And she's playing doubles with Olaru
Yes, that`s odd, she did not play double since USO, but i think it`s part of her training strategy
s0higher is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 10:10 AM   #724
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

GL Simo!

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Rezai Pervak Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova Milevskaya
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 11:05 AM   #725
country flag oliverdescants

oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all

It doesn't seem an easy draw when you compare it to the other women in the draw. Would Halep prefer to play a qualifier, or someone like Keys? Granted that Keys is coming off a loss, while a qualifier may likely be coming off some wins (the Sydney qualie is tough!), but I wonder about how random it all is -- Anyway, good luck Halep!

Last edited by oliverdescants : Jan 4th, 2014 at 11:13 AM. Reason: make it better!
oliverdescants is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 12:07 PM   #726
country flag mido1988

mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold

simona will play vs keys tomorrow at 11 am local time ( GMT +11 )

so the match is after 11 hours from now

can't wait to see her first match

hope the match is transmitted
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 12:37 PM   #727
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

11am Sunday Simona vs Keys! It's on the Ken Rosewall Arena court ... that's their centre court right?

http://www.apiainternational.com.au/.../order-of-play

So, less than 11 hours away. OMG!!!!

BRAZIL 2014
Tall and tan and young and lovely
The girl from Ipanema goes walking
And when she passes, each one she passes
Goes "Aaaah"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJkxFhFRFDA
CheddarChomper is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 12:40 PM   #728
country flag george2210

george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all

Hai Simona!!!!!

Yes, it will be transmitted, it is on central court.
george2210 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 12:46 PM   #729
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Meciul cu Keys va fi in Direct pe Digi Sport 2 (si HD) !

It will be streamed ! So be ready

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #136 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #131 - RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch; Suicide: #48 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #80 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #79
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 12:47 PM   #730

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

As we all know, the real WTA season doesn't start until Simona walks on court, hunts in her bag for her hairband and then places it carefully on her head.

So, just to build up a bit for Sunday and because I'm a bit of a stats nerd, I thought it would be nice for us to revel in her stats from last season. Some are well known, others are ones I worked out myself. Sorry I don't know how some of them compare to other players around her ranking but I imagine they're pretty favourable for her (especially since they only cover 'new' Simona ) I know stats can't tell us everything but I think there's some interesting things to be gleaned from them.

SINCE MADRID IN 2013:

53 matches with 45-8 record (0.849)

SIMONA WILL GO FAR!

Deep runs at 9 of her 14 tournaments - 6 titles, 1 SF (lost to Serena), 1 QF (lost to Serena) & R4 of the US Open

SIMONA BELONGS IN THE TOP 10

4-3 against Top 10 players (4-1 against Top 10 players not named Serena!)
11-1 against players ranked 11 to 20
6-0 against players ranked 21 to 30

Against Top 30 overall: 21-4 (21-2 against Top 30 players not named Serena)

15-4 against higher-ranked players (15-2 against higher-ranked players not named Serena)
30-4 against lower-ranked players

"I AM NORMAL GIRL AND I LIKE TO FIGHT!"
(New Haven, 2013 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urQ4eZ3_eDQ question starting at 3:01)

Simona lost the first set 14 times but came back to win the match 9 times (2 of those 5 losses to Serena). In every one of those 9 wins she went on to win in style, losing a total of 6 games or less in the last two sets.

ONCE SIMONA GETS HER NOSE IN FRONT ...

She won the first set 39 times and went on to lose just 3 matches from that position (to Suarez Navarro, Venus & Pennetta (in Bastad - Simona retired))

SIMONA, THE DOMINANT ONE

In 8 out of 25 matches against Top 30 players, she gave away 6 games or less (32%)

In 17 out of 28 matches against players ranked below the Top 30, she gave away 6 games or less (61%)

Simona won 6-2 or better in 56 of the 121 full sets she played (46%).
Against Top 30 players she won 6-2 or better in 25 of 60 full sets played (42%)

Trips To The Bakery

In 121 full sets of tennis since Madrid (97 won, 24 lost):

Simona plated up a tasty bagel 7 times (to Jankovic, Kirilenko, Vinci, Balducci, Min, Karatantcheva & Peterson)
Simona delivered a crispy breadstick 27 times (if you want the complete list I still have it - just let me know)
Simona was bageled herself 4 times (2 by Serena, 1 by Safarova, 1 by Li Na)
Simona was breadsticked herself ... Not once! Zero, nada, zilch!

SIMONA, BE CAREFUL IN THOSE TIEBREAKERS!

Possibly the least impressive of Simona's stats since Madrid ...
She has played 11 tiebreakers, going 'just' 6-5 in them.

SIMONA'S A WINNER!

Best & current winning streaks:
11 matches (June)
9 matches (Oct/Nov) and counting ...

THE RETURN OF SIMONA!

Simona won 50.8% of her return games - 3rd best on the WTA in the whole of 2013
Simona converted 55.4% of her break points - 2nd best on the WTA in the whole of 2013

Top 10 wins:
Radwanska #4 6-7, 6-1, 6-2
Bartoli #7 3-6, 6-4, 6-1
Wozniacki #8 6-2, 7-5
Kvitova #9 6-2, 6-2

Top 20 wins:
Vinci #15 6-4, 6-2
Jankovic #18 4-6, 6-0, 7-5
Vinci #11 6-0, 6-1
Suarez Navarro #19 6-3, 6-2
Flipkens #20 6-4, 6-2
Stosur #11 6-4, 4-6, 6-2
Suarez Navarro #20 3-6, 6-4, 6-1
Kirilenko #17 6-1, 6-0
Stosur #19 7-6, 6-2
Ivanovic #16 2-6, 6-1, 6-3
Stosur #18 2-6, 6-2, 6-2

Top 30 wins:
Safarova #30 6-3, 0-6, 6-2
Makarova #26 6-1, 7-6
Pavlyuchenkova #29 3-6, 7-6, 3-0 RET
Pavlyuchenkova #30 6-2, 6-1
Pavlyuchenkova #26 6-3, 6-3
Cornet #27 6-4, 6-4

Top 10 losses:
Serena #1 3-6, 0-6
Li Na #6 2-6, 6-1, 0-6
Serena #1 0-6, 4-6

Top 20 losses:
Suarez Navarro #20 6-3, 2-6, 2-6

2013 UP TO ROME:

17 matches: 8-9 Win-Loss record

Even though we like to avoid talking about Simona's 2013 results before Rome, they are not as bad as her 8-9 record might seem. Every player she lost to was ranked higher than her at the time, she beat all opponents ranked lower than her and 2 of her 8 wins were against higher-ranked players (Lisicki #37 & Paszek #31, both at Miami when Simona was ranked #57).

6-0 against lower-ranked players
2-9 against higher-ranked players (5 of 9 losses were to Top 20 players; Simona ranked between 47 and 64 at the time)

BRAZIL 2014
Goes "Aaaah"

Old Jan 4th, 2014, 02:46 PM   #731
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

good job!!
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Eugenie Bouchard,Sabine Lisicki,Maria Sharapova,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Dominika Cibulkova,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 05:07 PM   #732
country flag oliverdescants

oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
good job!!
agreed.
oliverdescants is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 06:13 PM   #733
country flag mido1988

mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold

CheddarChomper

what a great work !
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 06:21 PM   #734

Thanks guys!

BRAZIL 2014
Goes "Aaaah"

Old Jan 4th, 2014, 07:08 PM   #735
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

Please win in straight sets, Simona
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread