Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 45 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 18th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #661
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
Maybe you don't know the rules about the Mandatory tournaments . And also, there are 16 tournaments that count. It doesn't add up all points from all the tournaments like last century.
Ok, sorry. I am quite new to following tennis so I haven't fully got to grips with the way the ranking points system works. I understand some of it but obviously not all the 'ins and outs' of it. I'll try to be more informed in future!

BRAZIL 2014
Tall and tan and young and lovely
The girl from Ipanema goes walking
And when she passes, each one she passes
Goes "Aaaah"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJkxFhFRFDA
CheddarChomper is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 18th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #662
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A.../rules2014.pdf

P.S : What the F is MM ? I usually don't need explanations for acronyms but I think this is not "official" (mug mandatory !? )

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #136 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #131 - RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch; Suicide: #48 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #80 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #79
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #663
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A.../rules2014.pdf

P.S : What the F is MM ? I usually don't need explanations for acronyms but I think this is not "official" (something with "mug" )

Yes. It's not official TF-slang. Mickey Mouse - International tournament - 280 points
Hartson is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #664
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

I knew what it stands for but didn't know the full name . Thanks. I thought to something like "mug mandatory" at first

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #136 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #131 - RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch; Suicide: #48 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #80 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #79
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #665
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
I'm a little bit afraid that she doesn't want to go deep in top 10, she declare that she wants to remain in top 20. I just hope that she will not burn herself whit to many WTA Premier and WTA International.
Hahahaha, good one mate ! She wants to be no. 1, every pro tennis player does. Simona is only trying to take all the pressure off her shoulders, and at the same time admits that 2014 will be a much harder year for her as she has all this points to defend. But don`t fool yourself, Simona is a fighter (just quoting her words) and if she`ll get the opportunity to go higher on top, she will take it with an ACE
s0higher is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #666
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
Сinci is Mandatory for her (two best P5 tournaments are mandatory), that's why her 16th result is 280 points - one of three MM titles
Not in this moment! The best two P5 tournaments will become mandatory for her only after the second P5 of the year, Rome. Till then Cinci is counted like an usual tournament.
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 10:19 PM   #667
country flag Evan86

Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I'm a little bit afraid that she doesn't want to go deep in top 10, she declare that she wants to remain in top 20. I just hope that she will not burn herself whit to many WTA Premier and WTA International.
LOL, were you trolling or was that post for real?
Evan86 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 19th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #668
country flag george2210

george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all

Quote:
Visează la locul 1 mondial
“Este un vis al meu foarte mare. Nu ştiu dacă voi şi reuşi să fac această minune, dar vă asigur că pentru asta muncesc zilnic, pentru că vreau să fac ceva mare de tot în acest sport pe care-l iubesc enorm”.
george2210 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 19th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #669
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

I meant to say for the next season, not in her entire career. I know that she wants to be nr 1, I just hope that she realize how close is next season to crack even top 5 whit the right schedule.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Eugenie Bouchard,Sabine Lisicki,Maria Sharapova,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Dominika Cibulkova,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 19th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #670
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's a good thing. There is nothing wrong in having less pressure on your shoulders. Let's not forget what was Simona's goal for 2013, it wasn't top 20. She just wants to play quality tennis, that could help her reach top 5. I think she cares more to play tennis and winning than reaching world number one at the moment. Setting her goal for 2014 the top 20 is great, she has points to defend and she doesn't need the pressure.
“If you’re a human being walking the earth, you’re weird, you’re strange, you’re psychologically challenged" - Phillip Seymour Hoffman
NeKo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 19th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #671
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeKo View Post
That's a good thing. There is nothing wrong in having less pressure on your shoulders. Let's not forget what was Simona's goal for 2013, it wasn't top 20. She just wants to play quality tennis, that could help her reach top 5. I think she cares more to play tennis and winning than reaching world number one at the moment. Setting her goal for 2014 the top 20 is great, she has points to defend and she doesn't need the pressure.
You understand my thoughts, but i realy want badly for her to be top 5 next season and if she continue whit her form, from the end of 2013 whit a right schedule she can be top 5, nevertheless i will lover her the same no matter what she will do in the next seasons.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Eugenie Bouchard,Sabine Lisicki,Maria Sharapova,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Dominika Cibulkova,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 10:03 PM   #672
country flag Falcon7x

Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice

Hello everybody, a new seaso is here and I am back again after several months, lets see what Moni does this year, after many years watching her playing, I hope this season wont be so frustrating like others, the last match I saw was in Madrid last year, just before she started to win jajaja. Whatever, I heared top 20 or 30 players have to say in advance which tournaments are going to play in, I dont know whether this is true, anybody knows about this, and where can I check?, thank you everybody.
Falcon7x is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 11:02 PM   #673
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

^ 2013 frustrating for Simona?

Try the Upcoming Tournaments forum on TF for entry lists. Other than that I don't know the source that aggregates all the players' plans.

BRAZIL 2014
Tall and tan and young and lovely
The girl from Ipanema goes walking
And when she passes, each one she passes
Goes "Aaaah"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJkxFhFRFDA
CheddarChomper is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 11:57 PM   #674
country flag oliverdescants

oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all

Consistency is one thing; the business end of majors is another. Both ought to be the goal: with the first, she'll have the chance to win other tournaments, and keep, or improve, her ranking; the second will get her the respect her ascension deserves.
oliverdescants is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 12:08 AM   #675
country flag DanLovesWTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon7x View Post
Hello everybody, a new seaso is here and I am back again after several months, lets see what Moni does this year, after many years watching her playing, I hope this season wont be so frustrating like others, the last match I saw was in Madrid last year, just before she started to win jajaja. Whatever, I heared top 20 or 30 players have to say in advance which tournaments are going to play in, I dont know whether this is true, anybody knows about this, and where can I check?, thank you everybody.
Quote:
Moni
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014

Last edited by DanLovesWTA : Dec 23rd, 2013 at 12:31 AM.
Closed Thread