Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 44 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 18th, 2013, 12:40 AM   #646
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
she will play in Paris after AO . I think is a smart move for her.

Main Draw list

1. Sharapova
2. Errani
3. Kerber
4. Halep
5. Vinci
6. Ivanovic
7. Suárez Navarro
8. Flipkens
9. Cibulkova
10. Pavlyuchenkova
11. Cornet
12. Safarova
13. Kanepi
14. Hantuchova
15. Barthel
16. Zakopalova
17. Jovanovski
18. Rybarikova
19. Schiavone
20. Knapp (#41)
Now every draw list I see Simona in I think, "Simona could win that"! (Except the AO ... but who knows? ... )
Advertisement

Old Dec 18th, 2013, 05:39 AM   #647

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Just been sticking up for Simona (again!) in General Messages on the 'Predict 2014 Slam Winners' thread - post #254 linked here. Someone said she wouldn't hold her nerve in a Slam Final. I said "What?????"
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 10:15 AM   #648

A lot of you may not have seen it but to those who did, I deleted the 'Which Australian scenario is best for Simona?' thread because it seemed people didn't like it! Maybe I'm trying to be a bit too clever with my threads at the moment!
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #649
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
A lot of you may not have seen it but to those who did, I deleted the 'Which Australian scenario is best for Simona?' thread because it seemed people didn't like it! Maybe I'm trying to be a bit too clever with my threads at the moment!
I was one of them,or maybe the only one . I`m not in any position to make suggestions, but I think at least here, in Simona`s home, there should be only positive threads.
Regards !
s0higher is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #650

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
I was one of them,or maybe the only one . I`m not in any position to make suggestions, but I think at least here, in Simona`s home, there should be only positive threads.
Regards !
Sorry. I was just interested to know that if it didn't all go as we hope for Simona in Australia, what would the best outcome be for her there. For example, would it be better for Simona to lose closely to a top player in the 4th round of the AO (to give her confidence she can almost match the very best) or would it be better to reach the QF and lose to a lower ranked player. Sorry it focused on losing. Not all of it did though - winning Sydney would be very positive (and so would reaching the QF at the AO)!
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 12:30 PM   #651
country flag george2210

george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all

Quote:
Sorry. I was just interested to know that if it didn't all go as we hope for Simona in Australia, what would the best outcome be for her there. For example, would it be better for Simona to lose closely to a top player in the 4th round of the AO (to give her confidence she can almost match the very best) or would it be better to reach the QF and lose to a lower ranked player. Sorry it focused on losing. Not all of it did though - winning Sydney would be very positive (and so would reaching the QF at the AO)!
A performance similar to Hew Heaven - US Open would be great. Even loosing 1st round in Sydney and reaching QF in AO is also great.
george2210 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #652

Yeah, I think if I had to choose between her winning at Sydney or doing well at the AO, I would choose a deep run to the QF of the AO - if only to start shutting up some of the Simona doubters/cynics/haters!

However, I will stick by my prediction and say that (as well as the AO quarters) she'll also reach the SF (or better) of Sydney. No-one playing at Sydney will scare her and, if she carries her form through from last season, she can beat all those players.

I hope s0higher is pleased with my positivity.
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #653
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Well this isn't very far from turning into GM

@ CheddarChomper : It's a no-brainer that doing well at the AO is WAY much better . Not necessarily because it's a GS (although the hypocrites who say that only GS matter ,will contradict me) , but because it's Mandatory and 430 WTA points (for QF) , are ALWAYS better than 10,70 or 130 points . As for Sidney, there are a lot of Premier 700 in the calendar ,all-season long.

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Nightcrawl3r is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #654

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
It's a no-brainer that doing well at the AO is WAY much better.
But winning Sydney gets you 470 points and that's what my original question referred to in post #652 just above.

And yes, it will become more like General Messages if you keep putting stuff in bold - it comes over badly when done so much.
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #655
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But winning Sydney gets you 470 points and that's what my original question referred to in post #652 just above.
Nope. Simona will get only 470-280=190 points if she wins Sidney. That's why it's more important for her to do well on mandatory events
Hartson is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #656
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

There are just a few word in bold :|

I wasn't rude in my post but the question doesn't make much sense. There are 10 more Premier 700 after Sidney. If Simona wins Sidney and loses in the 1st RD of AO (God forbid) , she'll get very few points and if she makes another Premier 700 Final, she'll get almost Nothing as there are 10 points from AO which will stick there [mandatory] (leaving the 305 points as non-countable).

Maybe you don't know the rules about the Mandatory tournaments . And also, there are 16 tournaments that count. It doesn't add up all points from all the tournaments like last century.

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69

Last edited by Nightcrawl3r : Dec 18th, 2013 at 03:32 PM.
Nightcrawl3r is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #657
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
Nope. Simona will get only 470-280=190 points if she wins Sidney. That's why it's more important for her to do well on mandatory events
Cincinnati(225 pts) it's the 16 best result. So yes if she want's to go deep in TOP 10 she needs to do well in Slams and Pm Mandatory, here she has just a few points to defend.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Eugenie Bouchard,Sabine Lisicki,Maria Sharapova,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Dominika Cibulkova,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.

Last edited by DanLovesWTA : Dec 18th, 2013 at 04:43 PM.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #658
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a little bit afraid that she doesn't want to go deep in top 10, she declare that she wants to remain in top 20. I just hope that she will not burn herself whit to many WTA Premier and WTA International.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Eugenie Bouchard,Sabine Lisicki,Maria Sharapova,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Dominika Cibulkova,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.

Last edited by DanLovesWTA : Dec 18th, 2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #659
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
Cincinnati(225 pts) it's the 16 best result.
Сinci is Mandatory for her (two best P5 tournaments are mandatory), that's why her 16th result is 280 points - one of three MM titles
Hartson is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #660
country flag DanLovesWTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
Сinci is Mandatory for her (two best P5 tournaments are mandatory), that's why her 16th result is 280 points - one of three MM titles
I didn't know that . The conclusion is that only mandatory events can help her to lvl up her rank.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Closed Thread