Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 41 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 1st, 2013, 12:09 AM   #601
country flag swilley06

swilley06 is a name known to all swilley06 is a name known to all swilley06 is a name known to all swilley06 is a name known to all swilley06 is a name known to all swilley06 is a name known to all swilley06 is a name known to all swilley06 is a name known to all swilley06 is a name known to all swilley06 is a name known to all swilley06 is a name known to all
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

http://www.protv.ro/stiri/zlata-simo...-speciale.html
swilley06 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 1st, 2013, 04:00 AM   #602
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
Of all the bandwagons, Simona's is the best to be on!
Before you said this I was even seriously thinking about suggesting that the name of Simona's subforum be changed to "Simona's Bandwagon." I know it was first used as a derogatory term against Simona's fans but it has a nice ring to it and would be a good way of throwing the criticism of Simona's detractors back in their faces.

It would not be the first time a symbol of derision has been used as a rallying cry. More than a century ago, John McGraw, the manager of the New York Giants labeled the Philadelphia Athletics as "white elephants," implying that the Athletics were overpriced frauds by referring to P.T. Barnum's phony circus stunt in which he painted an elephant white. The Athletics ended up beating McGraw's Giants in two world series and to this day the Athletics (now more commonly known as the Oakland A's) still wear an elephant insignia on their uniforms and Stomper the Elephant is their mascot.

Anyway, the use of the term "bandwagon" by those on GM referring to Simona's fans has been a bit puzzling. While there has certainly been more activity and excitement among Simona's fans this year, it has not been out of proportion to how Simona has played and I find Simona's fans to be some of the tamest as far as criticizing other players. (They frequently get accused of criticizing other players merely by responding to what fans of other players have said). I must admit that I did not fully consider myself a Simona fan until Rome so I guess I could be considered a "bandwagonner" under a certain point of view, but it was at this point that I realized just how much heart this girl has. Most of the criticism appears to have come from fans of other players who may well have seen Simona play in previous years but have not seen her play in the past six months.

I think all of the contributors to this subforum can take pride in the fact that we have at least jumped on Simona's bandwagon early and before she will go on the achieve even greater things.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 1st, 2013, 02:12 PM   #603
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcP View Post
Before you said this I was even seriously thinking about suggesting that the name of Simona's subforum be changed to "Simona's Bandwagon." I know it was first used as a derogatory term against Simona's fans but it has a nice ring to it and would be a good way of throwing the criticism of Simona's detractors back in their faces.

It would not be the first time a symbol of derision has been used as a rallying cry. More than a century ago, John McGraw, the manager of the New York Giants labeled the Philadelphia Athletics as "white elephants," implying that the Athletics were overpriced frauds by referring to P.T. Barnum's phony circus stunt in which he painted an elephant white. The Athletics ended up beating McGraw's Giants in two world series and to this day the Athletics (now more commonly known as the Oakland A's) still wear an elephant insignia on their uniforms and Stomper the Elephant is their mascot.

Anyway, the use of the term "bandwagon" by those on GM referring to Simona's fans has been a bit puzzling. While there has certainly been more activity and excitement among Simona's fans this year, it has not been out of proportion to how Simona has played and I find Simona's fans to be some of the tamest as far as criticizing other players. (They frequently get accused of criticizing other players merely by responding to what fans of other players have said). I must admit that I did not fully consider myself a Simona fan until Rome so I guess I could be considered a "bandwagonner" under a certain point of view, but it was at this point that I realized just how much heart this girl has. Most of the criticism appears to have come from fans of other players who may well have seen Simona play in previous years but have not seen her play in the past six months.

I think all of the contributors to this subforum can take pride in the fact that we have at least jumped on Simona's bandwagon early and before she will go on the achieve even greater things.
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 1st, 2013, 03:47 PM   #604
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Am simtit cum imi scade IQul pana am asteptat-o pe Simona la "chestia" aia de pe ProTV si nici 5 min. n-au bagat-o in seama . Mai bine .

Se vede ca nu e obisnuita cu asa ceva si sper sa nici nu o faca iar invitatia a acceptat-o doar din politete.

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Nightcrawl3r is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 1st, 2013, 09:03 PM   #605
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
Am simtit cum imi scade IQul pana am asteptat-o pe Simona la "chestia" aia de pe ProTV si nici 5 min. n-au bagat-o in seama . Mai bine .

Se vede ca nu e obisnuita cu asa ceva si sper sa nici nu o faca iar invitatia a acceptat-o doar din politete.

Eu nu m-am uitat mai mult de 5 minute la emisiunea aia de cand se difuzeaza pe Prost.Tv
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 1st, 2013, 09:53 PM   #606
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Nici eu dar pt. Simona am facut o exceptie azi.

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Nightcrawl3r is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 04:57 PM   #607
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcP View Post
I agree and I personally don't see any problems in 'bandwagoning' in the way the vast majority on this board seems to do. It's basically used as a synonym for paying attention to a player who is making some noise, in fact that's usually the way you become someone's fan.

The only true 'fans' according to TF's definition then, are people who have cheered for certain player from the beginning because of his/her nationality or for knowing him/her personally, but those can be counted on one or two hands.

In this regard 'bandwagoning' is completely ok as long as you don't become a glory hunter who is just following someone because of momentary success, dropping him/her like a stone as soon as things don't go well. It's this aspect of 'bandwagoning' that led to a demonization of this term, but then again, sadly, many fans fit into this category very well.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 05:52 PM   #608
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
I agree and I personally don't see any problems in 'bandwagoning' in the way the vast majority on this board seems to do. It's basically used as a synonym for paying attention to a player who is making some noise, in fact that's usually the way you become someone's fan.

The only true 'fans' according to TF's definition then, are people who have cheered for certain player from the beginning because of his/her nationality or for knowing him/her personally, but those can be counted on one or two hands.

In this regard 'bandwagoning' is completely ok as long as you don't become a glory hunter who is just following someone because of momentary success, dropping him/her like a stone as soon as things don't go well. It's this aspect of 'bandwagoning' that led to a demonization of this term, but then again, sadly, many fans fit into this category very well.
totally agree with you

the majority of fans start cheering their players when they make some success and then people give them the attention
how did federer or nadal gain most of their fans ? after starting to win tournaments and prove that they are unique player

were we supposed to be fans of simona when she was 14 or 16 years old ? that makes no sense ..

if simona doesn't make real fans after this magnificent breakthrough of her career , this means that she will never has fans !

for me i started cheering simona since i have seen her amazing performance in new haven and from this time i consider myself a fan of her and she has become my first wta,atp player .. it isn't like someone becomes a fan of a different player every morning
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 06:42 PM   #609
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

I became a big fan because I adore her game. I wouldn't be a fan of her if her game was ugly/boring (like Errani's/Woz's game for example) to me (no matter how successful she is or how nice her personality is).

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 06:45 PM   #610
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

She gain easy fans, because of her game(it's lovely to watch her play and her game it's like a breath of fresh air in this ERA of POWER) she deserve to be appreciated she is such a sweetheart, respectful and sensitive girl.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 06:58 PM   #611
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
She gain easy fans, because of her game(it's lovely to watch her play and her game it's like a breath of fresh air in this ERA of POWER) she deserve to be appreciated she is such a sweetheart, respectful and sensitive girl.
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 07:15 PM   #612
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
She gain easy fans, because of her game(it's lovely to watch her play and her game it's like a breath of fresh air in this ERA of POWER) she deserve to be appreciated she is such a sweetheart , respectful and sensitive girl.
That certainly made me adore her even more. There is nothing to dislike about Simona.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 05:40 AM   #613
country flag george2210

george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all

In case you don't know yet, here we have a small but nice community of Simona's fans: .facebook.com/groups/simona.halep/
george2210 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 11:02 AM   #614
country flag mido1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by george2210 View Post
In case you don't know yet, here we have a small but nice community of Simona's fans: .facebook.com/groups/simona.halep/
thanks very much .. i joined the group although it's all in romanian

it would be better if people post in english
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 04:00 PM   #615
country flag george2210

george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post
thanks very much .. i joined the group although it's all in romanian

it would be better if people post in english
True, it's a Romanian group. But maybe it helps to use google translate.
On Saturday, Simona will be invited at Kid's Day in Constanta and we want to make her a surprise. We'll give her a little present along with messages from group members. You can also write a message in English for her In case you have questions about the procedure, or you don't understand what we are talking about there, you can ask me
george2210 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread