Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 38 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 16th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #556
country flag Evan86

Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Anyone remember Simona playing Clijsters in Brisbane 2012? That was a tournament with pretty weird results. I mean, a Hantuchova - Kanepi final?

http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A...s/2012/800.pdf
Evan86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 16th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #557
country flag TennisGhost

TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute

^I do, yes. Clijsters won 6-2 6-4 I think?

And it wouldn't have been as weird if the final was Clijsters vs Kanepi. Kim retired in the semi's after winning the 1st set vs Dani IIRC..
TennisGhost is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 04:34 AM   #558
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all

Why do all of my faves seem to fire their coaches at the most unexpected times? Sabine fired Wim Fissette after he helped her reach the Wimbledon finals and now I think she is having a hard time finding a coach. (She also fired Ricardo Sanchez and had a temporary arrangement with Robert Orlek earlier in the year) Why would a coach want to coach a player where there is little job security and success is rewarded like this?

Hopefully Simona won't have this problem, but with all of the success she had with Marcu the other coaches must be scratching their heads just like us. Simona is proabably one of the players who can best get along without a coach as Marcu rarely made on-court visits and Simona was able to make adjustments herself. But my philosphy with something like this is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." I just hope this doesn't end her momentum going into next season.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 08:52 AM   #559
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcP View Post
Why do all of my faves seem to fire their coaches at the most unexpected times? Sabine fired Wim Fissette after he helped her reach the Wimbledon finals and now I think she is having a hard time finding a coach. (She also fired Ricardo Sanchez and had a temporary arrangement with Robert Orlek earlier in the year) Why would a coach want to coach a player where there is little job security and success is rewarded like this?

Hopefully Simona won't have this problem, but with all of the success she had with Marcu the other coaches must be scratching their heads just like us. Simona is proabably one of the players who can best get along without a coach as Marcu rarely made on-court visits and Simona was able to make adjustments herself. But my philosphy with something like this is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." I just hope this doesn't end her momentum going into next season.
I think Wim Fissette is a great choice for Simona. He worked well with Kim, should work for Simona too. Anyway, even though he wasn't a player, he is a coach with great results. I think I'm the only person content with her decision.

AUDREY HEPBURN RACHEL WEISZ NAOMI WATTS ROONEY MARA JESSICA CHASTAIN
VERA FARMIGA MICHELLE WILLIAMS KATE MARA AMY ADAMS RACHEL McADAMS

Last edited by NeKo : Nov 17th, 2013 at 08:57 AM.
NeKo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #560
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Simona is fully aware of the fact that she has barely anything to defend in the first couple of months next year - that's probably also a reason why she chooses to experiment and look how things turn out.

I wish her all the best, and let's be honest, it looks as if she has stabilized on a level that should be enough to beat at least any significantly lower ranked player only due to her consistency alone.

She knows that as well and hopes to find a new coach or new impulses that will bring her even further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post
I think she just need to be left alone, she doesn't need any of this shit, Facebook, Twitter and so on. At least not for the general public, but for a very small circle of friends. All she need is to play tennis, not to sell t-shirts.
I like her approach and I think it's suiting her style. She seems very determined and she seems she knows what she wants and how to get there, so it's a good thing if she focuses only toward that goal, without unnecessary distractions. She's an interesting girl, that's for sure.
Yes, she is one of the few players left who seem to be all-business. It's admirable in these days to do your own thing.
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #561
country flag Stevessie

Stevessie is a splendid one to behold Stevessie is a splendid one to behold Stevessie is a splendid one to behold Stevessie is a splendid one to behold Stevessie is a splendid one to behold Stevessie is a splendid one to behold Stevessie is a splendid one to behold Stevessie is a splendid one to behold Stevessie is a splendid one to behold Stevessie is a splendid one to behold Stevessie is a splendid one to behold

For who wants desktop icons with Simo Halep theme (for Windows/Mac) in the link below:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/da...-deskicons.rar

Stevessie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 08:40 PM   #562
country flag Evan86

Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeKo View Post
I think Wim Fissette is a great choice for Simona. He worked well with Kim, should work for Simona too. Anyway, even though he wasn't a player, he is a coach with great results. I think I'm the only person content with her decision.
Nope, I'm actually really glad she took this decision, Marcu has nothing in his CV to show that he can handle the task of coaching a future top 10 player. I still think Mlendea is the one that helped Simona with her confidence, Marcu's on-court coaching sessions always had the opposite of the desired effect.
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 08:48 PM   #563
country flag ILoveCats

ILoveCats is a name known to all ILoveCats is a name known to all ILoveCats is a name known to all ILoveCats is a name known to all ILoveCats is a name known to all ILoveCats is a name known to all ILoveCats is a name known to all ILoveCats is a name known to all ILoveCats is a name known to all ILoveCats is a name known to all ILoveCats is a name known to all

i want swap, you take Sharapova to Romania, and give us Halep
ILoveCats is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #564
country flag Evan86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveCats View Post
i want swap, you take Sharapova to Romania, and give us Halep
No, thanks. You've had Myskina, Safina, Kuznetsova, Dementieva, Zvonareva etc. It's time for us to have a solid top 10 player
Old Nov 21st, 2013, 06:57 AM   #565
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Well done Simona!

Most Improved Player Of The Year: Simona

It all started with an incredible run in the Eternal City and now, six months later, she's on the brink of the Top 10 - Simona Halep is the WTA's Most Improved Player Of The Year for 2013.

Published November 21, 2013 12:05

CONSTANTA, Romania - It all started with an incredible run in the Eternal City and now, six months later, she's on the brink of the Top 10 - Simona Halep is the WTA's Most Improved Player Of The Year.

For years, Halep had been touted as a future star - a Grand Slam champion and World No.1 in juniors, buckets of talent, even three WTA finals to her name between 2010 and 2012. But she never quite got that one big result - that big breakthrough that gave anyone proof she'd make it just as big in the pros.

Going into the Internazionali BNL d'Italia in May, Halep was still stuck in that place. In her first nine WTA main draws of 2013 she put together a 7-9 record, which - combined with her 5-11 record in her last 11 WTA main draws of 2012 - added up to winning just 12 of her last 32 WTA main draw matches.

Boy, did things turn around in Rome.

As a No.64-ranked qualifier, Halep went on the kind of run that turns a pretender into a believer, beating four of the game's biggest names - Svetlana Kuznetsova, Agnieszka Radwanska, Roberta Vinci and Jelena Jankovic - before finally running out of gas against Serena Williams in the semifinals.

"It was an incredible week for me," Halep said after falling to Williams that day. "I feel good that I'm No.44 now. It's difficult to think about how high I can go now, because it's hard work and every week it's difficult for every player, so I just have to keep going and working and we'll see what happens."

What happened was an absolute breakthrough six months - including that run in Rome, Halep went 43-8 in her last 14 WTA main draws of the year, winning her first six WTA titles at Nürnberg, 's-Hertogenbosch, Budapest, New Haven, Moscow and Sofia, and finishing at No.11 on the November 4 year-end rankings.

"I want to enjoy this moment and then take some holidays, and just relax," Halep said after capturing the title in Sofia. "Hopefully I can play next year like I played this year and do well in Australia."

All eyes should be on Halep's ranking in Australia - she's just a few hundred points away from the No.10-ranked player in the world and, with little to defend in the first four months of the year, she looks like the best bet to become the next player to break into the Top 10 for the first time.

That could be big news in Romania - only two Romanians have ever made the Top 10 on the WTA, namely Virginia Ruzici, who made it to No.8, and Irina Spirlea, who got to No.7. How high can Halep go?
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2013, 11:08 AM   #566
country flag mido1988

mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold

congrats simona

well deserved
mido1988 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2013, 11:36 AM   #567
country flag MikBs

MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute

well done! and beat Stephens makes this award even more sweet
MikBs is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2013, 12:28 PM   #568
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of

Congradulation Simona!!!!
Sorana Cirstea Jelena Jankovic Samantha Stosur Victoria Azarenka Eugenie Bouchard Sabine Lisicki Maria Sharapova Ana Ivanovic Caroline Wozniacki Na Li Monica Niculescu Petra Kvitova Flavia Pennetta Belinda Bencic

Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2013, 08:10 AM   #569
country flag swilley06

swilley06 is a glorious beacon of light swilley06 is a glorious beacon of light swilley06 is a glorious beacon of light swilley06 is a glorious beacon of light swilley06 is a glorious beacon of light swilley06 is a glorious beacon of light swilley06 is a glorious beacon of light swilley06 is a glorious beacon of light swilley06 is a glorious beacon of light swilley06 is a glorious beacon of light swilley06 is a glorious beacon of light

The Tennis Channel is airing a replay of the Sofia Final this morning (Sunday) at 8:30am eastern time.
swilley06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #570
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Top 3 Simona's matches in 2013 - from the level of her play in my opinion

1. 7-6; 6-2 ag S. Stosur - Moscow F (both players played Top5 game, the first set being of amazing quality)
2. 6-0; 6-1 ag R. Vinci - Holland Q
3. 6-7; 6-1; 6-2 ag A. Radwanska - Rome R32

PS: Moved from press thread