Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 368 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2014, 10:01 PM   #5506
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeKo View Post
I am worried. Petkovic has absolutely nothing to lose. She showed that against Eranni.
See Petko's Press Conference from today. She said the key for her was attacking Errani's serve. I didn't see the match but it seams she was indeed very aggressive in the return game. I imagine she will try that against Simona also. Simona will need to bring her "Madrid" serves
Advertisement

Old Jun 4th, 2014, 10:04 PM   #5507
country flag mido1988

mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold

We still have a tough SF .. But about the final Surely Genie is easier opponent in the Final than Masha ,, Sharapove match will be much tougher especially in the mentally side .. She is more experienced and have the GS champion mentality .. I think it's better for Simona to enter the final being confident that She can win against younger player who she won before , than entering the final with ( I don't have anything to lose ) mentality ..
The only negative point IMo is In case she loses the final ( God forbid ) , Losing to Genie is extremely more frustrating than losing to Sharapova ,,

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 10:07 PM   #5508
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

#Not A Fan. How hard is to attack Sara serve?. You saw what a clinical performance had Simona against Sara. Anyway the match will interesting. If Simona plays like she did with Kuzzy i don't see her lose either, remain to see what happened tommorow
Sorana Cirstea, Jelena Jankovic, Samantha Stosur, Victoria Azarenka, Eugenie Bouchard, Sabine Lisicki, Maria Sharapova, Ana Ivanovic, Caroline Wozniacki, Na Li, Monica Niculescu, Petra Kvitova, Flavia Pennetta, Belinda Bencic, Irina-Camelia Begu, Lucie Safarova, Madison Keys, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic, Angelique Kerber, Elina Svitolina, Agnieszka Radwanska, Dominika Cibulkova, Venus Williams, Andrea Petkovic

Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 10:08 PM   #5509
country flag mido1988

mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Fan View Post
See Petko's Press Conference from today. She said the key for her was attacking Errani's serve. I didn't see the match but it seams she was indeed very aggressive in the return game. I imagine she will try that against Simona also. Simona will need to bring her "Madrid" serves
Simona serve is way better than Errani's , Alot of players can attack her first and second serve easily ..
On the other hand , From the stats of her last matches .. Petko's serve seems to be not that powerful .. Simona will have many opportunities to attack it and break her ,,

Simna Halep
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 10:15 PM   #5510
country flag UCLA

UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold

I don`t think Petko can attack Simona`s serve. I mean really . I mean , she can try , but lol, she will hit a lots of uncontrolled balls if she does that. I think her bet will be to go for the shots. Prob she knows that if she enters in rallies with Simona will be harder and harder for her. Her problem is the main problem of the most of them. Simona can brake a serve , and all the time prefer playing to an offensive player rather than a defensive one.

She can adapt , and this is what is astonishing about this girl. Transforming defense into attack in a blink of an eye , for me is like touching a sky with your fingers without even trying that much. She`s natural in that position , and that confidence that she has , makes her deadly . Can i say it again , pls. I will , even if u mock me. She`s just 1.68 for crying out loud , and she looks harmless , but if she can smell blood , u`re f`ked. Has a champion mentality and she is not afraid to use that against you. She is probably the best mover in the WTA and the best at making brakes on the serve of the adversary.

For just a girl of 1.68 , she seems deadly to me, how about u guys ?

"Sunt un produs 100% romanesc si ma mandresc cu asta!"
UCLA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 10:15 PM   #5511
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post
Simona serve is way better than Errani's , Alot of players can attack her first and second serve easily
Yes but typically it's the first thing that breaks down in tough, nervous situations, and it's better then Errani's but still not as good as others. I'm just saying it's the only "weakness" i see atm that could be exploited. Petko will need to take control of points asap... she will go for it
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 10:16 PM   #5512
country flag mido1988

Simna Halep
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 10:32 PM   #5513
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

For some reason I feel Simona prefers Petkovic's consistent hard balls than Errani's moonballs on clay. Dealing with moomballs is annoying especially for short players on clay. This on paper is a great match-up for Simona so she should win without much trouble against Petko. I'm just a bit worried because this is such a big match for her.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Halep Pavlyuchenkova Shvedova Bencic Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 10:33 PM   #5514
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

The 3 best shots of the day at RG. Simona is there, starting around 0:41. Guess which shot it was? I'll give you some clues ... it was incredible how she managed it from where she was, it wouldn't surprise me if it's one of the 2 or 3 best shots of the whole tournament, and the crowd went crazy for it.

BRAZIL 2014
Tall and tan and young and lovely
The girl from Ipanema goes walking
And when she passes, each one she passes
Goes "Aaaah"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJkxFhFRFDA
CheddarChomper is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 10:35 PM   #5515
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna. View Post
For some reason I feel Simona prefers Petkovic's consistent hard balls than Errani's moonballs on clay. Dealing with moomballs is annoying especially for short players on clay. This on paper is a great match-up for Simona so she should win without much trouble against Petko. I'm just a bit worried because this is such a big match for her.
The only thing that i'm worried is not to be overwhelmed by emotions. It can happend, so finger cross during the match.
Sorana Cirstea, Jelena Jankovic, Samantha Stosur, Victoria Azarenka, Eugenie Bouchard, Sabine Lisicki, Maria Sharapova, Ana Ivanovic, Caroline Wozniacki, Na Li, Monica Niculescu, Petra Kvitova, Flavia Pennetta, Belinda Bencic, Irina-Camelia Begu, Lucie Safarova, Madison Keys, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic, Angelique Kerber, Elina Svitolina, Agnieszka Radwanska, Dominika Cibulkova, Venus Williams, Andrea Petkovic

Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 10:37 PM   #5516
country flag mido1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna. View Post
Totally agree ..

Simna Halep
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 10:39 PM   #5517
country flag DanLovesWTA

#CheddarChomper he was a fine touch by Simona and the croud was wow over 10 seconds after.

And post it in Video thread too.

Old Jun 5th, 2014, 03:21 AM   #5518
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post
We still have a tough SF .. But about the final Surely Genie is easier opponent in the Final than Masha ,, Sharapove match will be much tougher especially in the mentally side .. She is more experienced and have the GS champion mentality .. I think it's better for Simona to enter the final being confident that She can win against younger player who she won before , than entering the final with ( I don't have anything to lose ) mentality ..
The only negative point IMo is In case she loses the final ( God forbid ) , Losing to Genie is extremely more frustrating than losing to Sharapova ,,
I think both would be very tough. Sharapova would be very tough because, well, it's Sharapova - the greatest competitor out there and someone who's won it before. But Bouchard would be very tough also. If she makes it to the final her confidence will be sky high because she has just beaten Sharapova. Plus Simona would be the favorite against a player who has been promoted by the WTA as "the next big thing." So the pressure on Simona would be enormous.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 5th, 2014, 03:31 AM   #5519
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLA View Post
I don`t think Petko can attack Simona`s serve. I mean really . I mean , she can try , but lol, she will hit a lots of uncontrolled balls if she does that. I think her bet will be to go for the shots. Prob she knows that if she enters in rallies with Simona will be harder and harder for her. Her problem is the main problem of the most of them. Simona can brake a serve , and all the time prefer playing to an offensive player rather than a defensive one.

She can adapt , and this is what is astonishing about this girl. Transforming defense into attack in a blink of an eye , for me is like touching a sky with your fingers without even trying that much. She`s natural in that position , and that confidence that she has , makes her deadly . Can i say it again , pls. I will , even if u mock me. She`s just 1.68 for crying out loud , and she looks harmless , but if she can smell blood , u`re f`ked. Has a champion mentality and she is not afraid to use that against you. She is probably the best mover in the WTA and the best at making brakes on the serve of the adversary.

For just a girl of 1.68 , she seems deadly to me, how about u guys ?
She's smooth. While her game is Djokovic-like she makes it seem so effortless - almost like Federer when he's on. Her down the line shots are incredible and she's truly the queen of the wrong footer.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 5th, 2014, 04:55 AM   #5520
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute

Volume 3

Zamboni is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread