Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 36 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2013, 02:17 PM   #526
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeKo View Post
I don't think she is going to be coach-less. And regarding Tomai, as Simona stated this year, it was her all along who decided to play more aggressive. She took her own decisions, it wasn't Mlendea and Marcu who told her to play something else. It was her. I don't think Marcu was helping Simona.
She just said so in a press conference But I suppose you know better than this and Simona only tries to play some mind games.
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 15th, 2013, 02:21 PM   #527
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
She just said so in a press conference But I suppose you know better than this and Simona only tries to play some mind games.
http://www.agerpres.ro/media/index.p...ian-Marcu.html

Simona Halep : I stopped working with Adrian Marcu after the tournament in Bulgaria, in Sofia. It was a good collaboration, we took everything good out of it, helped me during my work, but I'll try to be alone in the future, to strengthen my confidence in my game. For the next period I do not know for sure what will be, but surely there will be a coach.
“If you’re a human being walking the earth, you’re weird, you’re strange, you’re psychologically challenged" - Phillip Seymour Hoffman
NeKo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 15th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #528

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
http://www.agerpres.ro/media/index.p...ian-Marcu.html

Simona Halep : I stopped working with Adrian Marcu after the tournaments in Bulgaria, in Sofia. It was a good collaboration, we took everything good out of it, helped me during my work, but I'll try to be alone in the future, to strengthen my confidence in my game. For the next period I do not know for sure what will be, but surely there will be a coach.

In this case, how can you talk about "being alone in the future" and "there will be a new coach" in the same sentence? This looks like a rushed decision anyway
Old Nov 15th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #529
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In this case, how can you talk about "being alone in the future" and "there will be a new coach" in the same sentence? This looks like a rushed decision anyway
Probably she wants to be alone for a short amount of time until she chooses the new coach. Maybe she wants a very good coach.
“If you’re a human being walking the earth, you’re weird, you’re strange, you’re psychologically challenged" - Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Old Nov 15th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #530
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Probably she wants to be alone for a short amount of time until she chooses the new coach. Maybe she wants a very good coach.
Yes, Connors is available
Old Nov 15th, 2013, 02:38 PM   #531

Quote:
If you were Simona Halep, would you organize a press conference just to let people know that Marcu is no longer your coach and you want to be alone for 10 days while training in Poiana Brasov?

For me her massage is clear: she wants to start the next season alone (or just with Ruzici on her side) to see how it goes. A new coach may come along (and most likely it will) if things don't go the way she want them to go
Old Nov 15th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #532
country flag drg

drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of

good decision for me except the schedule .
drg is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 15th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #533
country flag NeKo

Quote:
If you were Simona Halep, would you organize a press conference just to let people know that Marcu is no longer your coach and you want to be alone for 10 days while training in Poiana Brasov?

For me her massage is clear: she wants to start the next season alone (or just with Ruzici on her side) to see how it goes. A new coach may come along (and most likely it will) if things don't go the way she want them to go
I think the press conference was for something else . Anyway, we'll see in the next weeks what's going to happen, I think that she is a smart girl and knows what to do. That's at least what I hope. From my point of view, Simona played this year all by herself, neither Marcu or Mlendea changed her game. She did. All she needs is someone to practice with and pieces of advice. Plus, she has Virginia Ruzici.
Old Nov 15th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #534
country flag Stevessie

Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of

Quote:

The problem is that she didn't organized a press conference, she was invited to the launch of a new sport magazine and she said it there, as a "Ah and also this..." She needs a marketing team around her, to promote her image; I don't know anything about her appearances or where she plays, total anonymity. Maybe I wan't a t-shirt that says I support her or her autograph or maybe I wan't to send her fan art but there's this huge hole between her and her fans. Maybe its just me.
Stevessie is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 15th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #535
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of
Exclamation Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:

Yup . That's what is also think (sadly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
good decision for me except the schedule .
What schedule ? We know (unoficially) only about her 1st Tournament which is Sidney (probably wants to rest more and/or spend the holidays in family as I said a few pages ago).

Or do you know more ?

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #136 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #131 - RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch; Suicide: #48 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #80 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #79
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 15th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #536
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
What schedule ? We know (unoficially) only about her 1st Tournament which is Sidney (probably wants to rest more and/or spend the holidays in family as I said a few pages ago).

Or do you know more ?

Yes she will be at Apia, but i think it`s the right thing to do, only one tournament before AO, will help her preparation better than Brisbane.
Anyway, maybe letting Marcu go is the smart move here. She wants to go deeper in top 10 and a new coach, a better coach, will do her good
s0higher is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 15th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #537
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really surprised about the way Simona is managing her career right now. I would have never expected her to be such a rigorous operator, especially after all the time she spent with Tomai despite her being obviously unlucky with his coaching methods. Her self-confidence is exceeding all limits to make such bolt decisions.

But then again, I somehow like this attitude of taking your career in your own hands. But she as well, should know how the saying goes: If you are playing with fire, you might get burnt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevessie View Post
The problem is that she didn't organized a press conference, she was invited to the launch of a new sport magazine and she said it there, as a "Ah and also this..." She needs a marketing team around her, to promote her image; I don't know anything about her appearances or where she plays, total anonymity. Maybe I wan't a t-shirt that says I support her or her autograph or maybe I wan't to send her fan art but there's this huge hole between her and her fans. Maybe its just me.
I agree with this, although I don't necessarily see this as a problem. In times were tennis fans are used to nearly 24/7 media or at least social network exposure of their favourite player, someone like Simona who is much more concerned about her own privacy despite her relevance in the sports world is nearly an exception.

It's definitely vital for a tennis player to stay in touch with his/her fans, but it shouldn't become a distraction. If she climb up the rankings even further, she will most likely need a PR team around her, or at least a couple of close persons to take care of all these off-court activities she will have to routinize as all top players do.

Things like that also need to be planned carefully. Not like Irina-Camelia's twitter account that she has basically abandoned since she started to lose the plot over her career. By approaching your fans like that, you will also be forced to take the responsibility and explain why things don't go the way you and everyone else was hoping for. It's tough.

Last edited by Curcubeu : Nov 15th, 2013 at 04:03 PM.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 15th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #538
country flag mido1988

mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevessie View Post
i totally agree with you

she even doesn’t have an official facebook page
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 15th, 2013, 04:12 PM   #539
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

^you can offer to make a page for her

she could get the team that does the radwanska website, they will take care of selling tshirts and photos
Melange is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 15th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #540
country flag mido1988

mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
^you can offer to make a page for her

she could get the team that does the radwanska website, they will take care of selling tshirts and photos
i think it will be better if some romanian fans offer to make that .. they can communicate with her easily and take her agreement

any way she needs a professional media team which is suitable to her tennis level and ranking
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread