Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 328 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 30th, 2014, 08:38 PM   #4906
country flag ILC

ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa este View Post
doubles blondes
ILC is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 30th, 2014, 08:43 PM   #4907
country flag ILC

ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all

Torro Flor has no chances.
I did not see Ribarikova, but Koukalova was really bad, and still tiebreak and other nerves
Anyone got link to Torro-Flor - Rybarikova match video?
ILC is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2014, 08:44 PM   #4908
country flag CristianB8

CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future

Come on people, does it matter the court as long is televised?
Remember under the radar?
Quietly she must go further and all will be fine
Old May 30th, 2014, 08:48 PM   #4909
country flag Asa este

Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveCats View Post
Torro Flor has no chances.
I did not see Ribarikova, but Koukalova was really bad, and still tiebreak and other nerves
Anyone got link to Torro-Flor - Rybarikova match video?
Anything can happen. Its a crazy competition this year. The French Simona (Parmentier) is already in the last 16
Asa este is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2014, 09:18 PM   #4910
country flag Mario101

Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Simona is still flying under the radar. It's not that bad, I guess.

The WTA as well as the ATP live from marketing their cash cows, that is the players with long grown fanbases or anglophone media exposure/hype. This is why both tours will suffer economically in the nearer future once the old stars will retire or other promising prospects won't live up to their expectations. But this is a different story.

Torro needs to play close to her peak to get a chance for the win, otherwise she will be in for the Goerges treatment.
Torro is the definition of inconsistent. I watched her destroy muguruza few weeks ago and play lights out tennis. Other times she looked very average. Simona should be too consistent for her
Mario101 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2014, 10:23 PM   #4911
country flag phantomplayer89

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Simona should win on whatever court she's on, but it's still a slap in the face. She's the #4 seed, the highest-seed remaining, and she's relegated to Court 2. While #5 seed Kvitova gets Chatrier. #15 Sloane Stephens gets Lenglen. And #8 seed JJ gets Court 1. I could understand playing second-fiddle to a GS winner or a former #1 player, but being pushed to a lesser court in favor of Sulk Stephens?

I really hope Simona makes them pay. First, she beats Torro-Flor in anonymity, and then she crushes Stephens on a main court, in a show-me match, which will further prove how much better she is.
phantomplayer89 is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2014, 10:25 PM   #4912
country flag phantomplayer89

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario101 View Post
Torro is the definition of inconsistent. I watched her destroy muguruza few weeks ago and play lights out tennis. Other times she looked very average. Simona should be too consistent for her
Considering how Simona has handled better big-hitters, like Kvitova, Ivanovic, Stosur, Lisicki, and Goerges, this should be a routine win for Simona.
phantomplayer89 is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2014, 10:36 PM   #4913
country flag HalepFan

HalepFan is a glorious beacon of light HalepFan is a glorious beacon of light HalepFan is a glorious beacon of light HalepFan is a glorious beacon of light HalepFan is a glorious beacon of light HalepFan is a glorious beacon of light HalepFan is a glorious beacon of light HalepFan is a glorious beacon of light HalepFan is a glorious beacon of light HalepFan is a glorious beacon of light HalepFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
She's the #4 seed, the highest-seed remaining, and she's relegated to Court 2. While #5 seed Kvitova gets Chatrier. #15 Sloane Stephens gets Lenglen. And #8 seed JJ gets Court 1. I could understand playing second-fiddle to a GS winner or a former #1 player, but being pushed to a lesser court in favor of Sulk Stephens?

I really hope Simona makes them pay. First, she beats Torro-Flor in anonymity, and then she crushes Stephens on a main court, in a show-me match, which will further prove how much better she is.
Seedings should not play any role in court schedulings. Stephens-Makarova is on Lenglen coz it's a closer contest and most likely upset. Sharapova gets PC coz of the sponsors. Simona flooring Torro-flor isn't much of a match-up. It will be over quickly (now Simona don't prove me wrong) and most probably the stadium would not even fill up before the match is over just like it happened at Chartrier.
HalepFan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2014, 10:39 PM   #4914
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
Considering how Simona has handled better big-hitters, like Kvitova, Ivanovic, Stosur, Lisicki, and Goerges, this should be a routine win for Simona.
It depends on who is more consistent over the period of their match.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2014, 10:51 PM   #4915
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
That's idiotic. Not only a slap in the face for Simona, but the whole WTA
That's as Sloane would say "so disrespectful." And not only is it disrespectful, it's also very unfair. All the other contenders have been able to play on Chatrier by now. They have gotten familiar with the pace of the court, the surroundings, the depth perception, etc. But when Simona will FINALLY get to play there against in all likelihood another contender who has already played there it will be all new to her. VERY unfair if you ask me.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2014, 10:55 PM   #4916
country flag Mario101

Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalepFan View Post
Seedings should not play any role in court schedulings. Stephens-Makarova is on Lenglen coz it's a closer contest and most likely upset. Sharapova gets PC coz of the sponsors. Simona flooring Torro-flor isn't much of a match-up. It will be over quickly (now Simona don't prove me wrong) and most probably the stadium would not even fill up before the match is over just like it happened at Chartrier.
Doesnt matter the highest seed woman shouldnt get the 4th court. Even Guillermo Garcia-Lopez vs Donald Young got a better court
Old May 30th, 2014, 11:09 PM   #4917
country flag HalepFan

HalepFan is a glorious beacon of light HalepFan is a glorious beacon of light HalepFan is a glorious beacon of light HalepFan is a glorious beacon of light HalepFan is a glorious beacon of light HalepFan is a glorious beacon of light HalepFan is a glorious beacon of light HalepFan is a glorious beacon of light HalepFan is a glorious beacon of light HalepFan is a glorious beacon of light HalepFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Doesnt matter the highest seed woman shouldnt get the 4th court. Even Guillermo Garcia-Lopez vs Donald Young got a better court
GGL and young r again evenly matched and would provide a long entertaining match. Next all matches of Simona are going to be on Chartrier unless Sloane loses against Makarova.
Old May 30th, 2014, 11:20 PM   #4918
country flag Mario101

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalepFan View Post
GGL and young r again evenly matched and would provide a long entertaining match. Next all matches of Simona are going to be on Chartrier unless Sloane loses against Makarova.
Are you serious? Torro has better chance of winning than Young has
Old May 30th, 2014, 11:23 PM   #4919
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of

It looks like every match in the tournament is more entertaining than Simona's match

I decided not to talk more about this ,, But really alot of weird excuses to justify moving Simona between courts match after match ..

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 30th, 2014, 11:38 PM   #4920
country flag HalepFan

Quote:
Are you serious? Torro has better chance of winning than Young has
I think they wanna avoid what happened with Kleybanova where Simona was about to double bagel her within 50 minutes and people were just rubbing sleep off their eyes. By the time the Chartrier filled in Simona was done with her match and most of the ticket holders didn't even get to see any of it. KVitova-Kuznetsova is a guaranteed three-setter, Sloane-Makarova is unpredictable.
With this kind of mindset i like to conclude that they think of Simona a very good player, not a match to others, who can thoroughly routine opponents.
Closed Thread