Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 321 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 29th, 2014, 06:40 PM   #4801
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
Fair point However, if Sloane does make R4 I can't see her as a threat though. I mean, is there anything she does better than Simona? If Simona plays as she did today I have few doubts that she would beat Sloane comfortably.
To be honest, if Simona plays like she did today I don't think that there are many who can live with her. But each match is a new adventure, so it's best to take nothing for granted (as Li Na, Serena and Wawrinka would say ).
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 29th, 2014, 06:43 PM   #4802
country flag phantomplayer89

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
Fair point However, if Sloane does make R4 I can't see her as a threat though. I mean, is there anything she does better than Simona? If Simona plays as she did today I have few doubts that she would beat Sloane comfortably.
Yeah, I couldn't agree more. Simona's the more complete player, playing on her favorite surface. Simo's a better shot-maker, better mover, and mentally stronger. She's focused on every point. And besides, we all know the book on Sloane. She beats players below her and then loses to the higher-ranked player. Sloane's going to learn the hard way that Simo is not the same player that lost to her 6-1 6-1 at the 2013 AO.
phantomplayer89 is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2014, 06:43 PM   #4803
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of

You never really want to meet a spanish player on clay but I believe Tower Flower can't compete with Simona!! That being said I know almost nothing about Tower Flower and her game, apart from winning the Moroccan MM... made Simona I presume envious
Old May 29th, 2014, 06:46 PM   #4804
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

She's not one to be ignored Ma-Te, definitely not a cakewalk, but I doubt that she'll have a chance against Simona if the latter puts on the table what we saw today. I am more afraid of Sloane, I admit.
Old May 29th, 2014, 06:47 PM   #4805
country flag Asa este

Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all

Interesting fact about Simona since her rising in 2013:
She didnt play any other Romanian girl in the last year!
Someone up there is saving the other girls from embbarrasing themselves
Asa este is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2014, 06:50 PM   #4806
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
The match was really on Hercog's racquet. She just made mistake after mistake. Sloane played her usual, pushing from the baseline, instead of being the aggressor. She played OK, but Hercog was miserable.
I'm not a great believer in a match being on someone's racquet when they end up losing. It's what Caro's haters always used to say when Caro was doing well and won lots of matches and titles. I always figured that there must have been something wrong with their racquets if the match was always on it but they always ended up losing.

But I'll take your word for it that Hercog played poorly. Weird though that Sloane can play so poorly at regular tour events but always does well at the majors.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2014, 06:51 PM   #4807
country flag Asa este

Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Fan View Post
You never really want to meet a spanish player on clay but I believe Tower Flower can't compete with Simona!! That being said I know almost nothing about Tower Flower and her game, apart from winning the Moroccan MM... made Simona I presume envious
yes, simo will never forget Marakesh
Old May 29th, 2014, 06:51 PM   #4808
country flag phantomplayer89

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Torro-Flor has a very big game, and an amazing FH. But her game is streaky and can go off. And she really struggles against consistent players, who don't miss. I remember Aggie routined her on clay during the Fed Cup. With the way Simona is playing, I expect another routine job.
phantomplayer89 is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2014, 06:51 PM   #4809
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLA View Post
Simona is ready.
And most important she goes still in stealth mode.
This will be their DOOM , u can`t ignore a cute and deadly 1.68 m when she`s coming for you.

Especially if her name is Halep.
Unfortunately, she won't go unnoticed. For those who do notice, it's surely a case of ...

Though we shouldn't take anything for granted. Simona could play a stinker in the next round ...
Old May 29th, 2014, 06:52 PM   #4810
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Really good job! She's looking very focused so far.

PS: Just a random thought, but I wonder why in some of her matches Simona puts the ball for the second serve under her skirt (like most players do) but in other matches she always requests for the ball before her second serve (a la Serena)?
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2014, 06:53 PM   #4811
country flag UCLA

UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold

she will ,trust me Cheddar, Ana will get all the praise. And that`s fine by me.

I didn`t want to be her fan, I just ... couldn't resist
UCLA is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2014, 06:53 PM   #4812
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Let's stay humble guys. That's how Dull wins.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Vekic Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2014, 06:55 PM   #4813
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna. View Post
Nole Fan pls
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2014, 06:57 PM   #4814
country flag Asa este

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna. View Post
Are you calling Simona dull?
I said cakewalk against the Spanish girl and cakewalk it will be.
I was worried enough with Heather, now its cakewalk time.
Old May 29th, 2014, 07:01 PM   #4815
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
... Just a random thought, but I wonder why in some of her matches Simona puts the ball for the second serve under her skirt (like most players do) but in other matches she always requests for the ball before her second serve (a la Serena)?
I dunno. I guess she's consistent with most things, but not with that.

Slightly related to that, I do generally like how quickly she gets on with the next point (no fussin' or messin' about like some) but sometimes, when she is struggling a little on her serve, I wish she would slow down and compose herself before serving again. She always looks like she's trying to set world records for the quickest time between points.

It's a minor gripe, really. Right now, I can't criticise her attitude, application & game.