Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 314 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 27th, 2014, 02:15 PM   #4696
country flag CristianB8

CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
Let's hope the Heater is not hot.
This is so disrespectful

Now let's get to serious business!
I don't understand why some people keep up picking Sloane (she has some talent, not as big as American media try to make us believe, but the girl is pretty good)
She indeed has a good record at slams and this time Simona should step it up, to become even more relevant in the tour!
I really hope neither Simona or Sloane will lose until they will meet and you'll see what a difficult game will be for both!
No need to bash or speak badly about the girl, because we don't like those creeps from TF to make fun of Simona every time they have the opportunity, most of the time without reasons, so, we should behave as normal posters regarding other players! No?
But first is Heather ...

Simona Halep!
CristianB8 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2014, 02:25 PM   #4697
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
Is she even good on clay?
Not sure really. I am British, but I'm not much of a patriot so I don't especially follow her.
Old May 27th, 2014, 02:38 PM   #4698
country flag Asa este

Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianB8 View Post
But first is Heather ...
Heater is a good nickname. the H is just too complicated.
I refuse to remember the H on principal bases
Asa este is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 27th, 2014, 02:39 PM   #4699
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

It seems that some of you guys will be happy only with a double golden sets for Simona, with 24 aces and another 24 winners.
Old May 27th, 2014, 02:42 PM   #4700
country flag oliverdescants

oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianB8 View Post
This is so disrespectful

But first is Heather ...
You all know, Simona Halep is bound to be overlooked. Her size, the subtlety of her game, and the WTA's preference for blonds all work against her. That said, I see few American commentators, outside of the website with the game's name, picking Sloane over Halep. I may not be seeing the right commentators or something. Sloane looked good today. Her talent is a huge plus. But her head is inscrutable. Let me repeat that: inscrutable. So let's not waste too much breath talking about a match that may never take place. Meanwhile, Heather Watson should not be taken lightly. Like Sloane, she has tremendous speed. Unlike Sloane, she has trouble transitioning from defense to offense. So Halep has to take her there.

Last edited by oliverdescants : May 27th, 2014 at 02:51 PM.
oliverdescants is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 27th, 2014, 02:42 PM   #4701
country flag Asa este

Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all Asa este is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
It seems that some of you guys will be happy only with a double golden sets for Simona, with 24 aces and another 24 winners.
Just give me an 8-6 3rd set win on that Heater and I am happy
Asa este is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 27th, 2014, 03:07 PM   #4702
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Simona seems untroubled. And so am I

What's Next
Halep will face Heather Watson in the second round. The two met at last year's US Open, when Watson came within a handful of points of victory - an encounter Halep remembers well. "I could not forget," she said, "because I played around three hours and 30 minutes. She was very strong and it was a difficult match. But here it is on clay, so it will be different. Another day, another match."
Old May 27th, 2014, 03:49 PM   #4703
country flag Mario101

Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa este View Post
The Heater match worries me more than Ana or Sveta! She was ill the last year. Now she is coming back and she has similar style as Simona. Lets hope I am wrong and it will be an easy match.
Lol no need to worry, Neva is nowhere near consistent enough to beat Simona. She will hit some fine winners and get to some balls due to her speed, in the end she doesn't have the consistency or power to do much here
Mario101 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 27th, 2014, 04:25 PM   #4704
country flag holoview

holoview is an unknown quantity at this point

Just seen the match with Kleybanova 2nd time.

You can replay it here ( the link will work at least for the next couple of days):

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player?id=1791656

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
Even tough my heart can take the pressure at some point, I prefer strong matches against inform players than this joke of a match that she had today. As Curcubeu said somewhere, you can`t really make an impression about Simona`s game after today. Honestly, I did not like it at all... Maybe she was NID about the victory and she didn`t push at all, but most of her returns were either short or in Alisa`s range. Good thing the Russian was an error machine but I disliked the fact that she had more winners than Simona.
We may wonder how is possible to win a set with 6-0 and NO winners??
The truth is Simona not even had a chance to hit a winner! almost every second retun from Kleybanova was an UE! You can not raise your level of play if you don't have an opponent on the other side.
holoview is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 27th, 2014, 04:34 PM   #4705
country flag Mario101

Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by holoview View Post
Just seen the match with Kleybanova 2nd time.

You can replay it here ( the link will work at least for the next couple of days):

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player?id=1791656

We may wonder how is possible to win a set with 6-0 and NO winners??
The truth is Simona not even had a chance to hit a winner! almost every second retun from Kleybanova was an UE! You can not raise your level of play if you don't have an opponent on the other side.
Yeah Simons couldn't do much as her opponent didn't give her any rhythm whatsoever. When you see your opponent is in such bad form. Take a step back and keep the ball in and let her destruct. No need to do more. 6-0 6-2 in less than an hour is great start as the match didn't take much from her energy wise
Mario101 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 27th, 2014, 04:38 PM   #4706
country flag UCLA

UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
Not sure really. I am British, but I'm not much of a patriot so I don't especially follow her.

U must know something more than us Cheddar

"Iíve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. Iíve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, Iíve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed.
Iíve failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
Michael Jordan
UCLA is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 27th, 2014, 04:43 PM   #4707
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

For Simona would have been better to meet a defensive player in the first round. That's a better opponent that a player that can't keep the ball in play.

PART-TIME POSTER
NeKo is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:16 PM   #4708

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLA View Post

U must know something more than us Cheddar
I do root for Britain/England when we're the underdogs (I know Heather is the underdog but how can I go against Simona?), or in sports we don't have a long history of success in, like cycling. And also I go mad when our female skeleton athletes are competing, because they are just magnificent, gorgeous, fearless women.

Last edited by CheddarChomper : May 27th, 2014 at 05:27 PM.
CheddarChomper is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:40 PM   #4709
country flag scrumm

scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all

Well Done Simona! Off to the next round.
Guys, is there the full match available somewhere?
scrumm is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:53 PM   #4710

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumm View Post
Guys, is there the full match available somewhere?
I think RG & Wimbledon are both very aggressive in preventing full match videos being uploaded to the net for very long, therefore I wouldn't hold out too much hope.