Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 280 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 10th, 2014, 10:19 AM   #4186
country flag Amartolomeu

Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

I think what made Halep concentrate in such manner was Ana's unfair behavior in Bucharest. Simona even stated that in an interview. She really played for revenge. In the match against Lisicki, after the first set seemed to me that hingis and sabine were laughing at simona and once if you observed sabine looked straight into wim's eyes, i think there are unsolved matters between them. But, God I love when she is defeating arrogant players and trainers as Lisicki, Ana and Martina. )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 10th, 2014, 10:38 AM   #4187
country flag Amartolomeu

Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light

Will the Mercedes from the Central Court arrive in the winners hands?
Old May 10th, 2014, 01:19 PM   #4188
country flag UCLA

UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold

And say hello to the nr. #4 in the world !

I didn`t want to be her fan, I just ... couldn't resist
UCLA is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 10th, 2014, 01:21 PM   #4189
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLA View Post
And say hello to the nr. #4 in the world !
In two weeks time, right? Because next week she's still no. 5 unless she wins the final tomorrow.
Old May 10th, 2014, 01:22 PM   #4190
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Brutal from Simona in the end. Her game is just the perfect balance between offense and defense when it's working, not to mention that serve down the T.

It's basically impossible to hit through her and the errors will inevitably come. Even if she is not in top form, her smart tennis is enough to deal with most players out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartolomeu View Post
I think what made Halep concentrate in such manner was Ana's unfair behavior in Bucharest. Simona even stated that in an interview. She really played for revenge. In the match against Lisicki, after the first set seemed to me that hingis and sabine were laughing at simona and once if you observed sabine looked straight into wim's eyes, i think there are unsolved matters between them. But, God I love when she is defeating arrogant players and trainers as Lisicki, Ana and Martina. )
Wim seems to be too strict a trainer for a girl like Sabine. He demands discipline and hard work and Lisicki's lifestyle is not compatible with his philosophy.

Not a fan of Hingis by any means, but her tactics to kill Simona with the drop shot was a clever idea. But for Lisicki as well as for Petra today, keeping up that level is too much to ask for them at that point. Once you let Simona grab that last straw, pray for mercy.

Last edited by Curcubeu : May 10th, 2014 at 01:31 PM.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 10th, 2014, 01:24 PM   #4191
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
In two weeks time, right? Because next week she's still no. 5 unless she wins the final tomorrow.
Yes . In 9 days to be more exact . Kvitova would have to win Rome as for #4 not to happen .

Rome MD :

(1)Serena vs BYE
Oprandi vs Petkovic
Peng vs Lepchenko
Jovanovski vs (16)Stephens
(9)Cibulkova vs Giorgi
Cirstea vs Q
Zhang vs Q
(5)Kvitova vs BYE

(4)Halep vs BYE
Keys vs Riske
Beck vs Venus
Q vs (13)Suarez Navarro
(11)Ivanovic vs Knapp
Cornet vs Flipkens
Q vs Hantuchova
(8)Sharapova vs Bye

(6)Jankovic vs BYE
Kuznetsova vs Kirilenko
Pavlyuchenkova vs Q
Meusberger vs (12)Pennetta
(14)Wozniacki vs Schiavone
Muguruza vs Burnett
Bouchard vs Nara
(3)Radwanska vs BYE

(7)Kerber vs BYE
Pironkova vs Q
Makarova vs Vinci
(10)Errani vs Q
(15)Lisicki vs Stosur
Svitolina vs Vesnina
Rybarukova vs Q
(2)Li vs BYE

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #83 - W: Vero Beach, Astana, Antalya I ('14); TT-d: #97 - W: Astana, Landisville w/ Palin6o, Zawada w/ traddles ('14); RUP: Beinasco, Prague w/ Crux S, Contrexeville ('14);
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven; RUP: Acapulco ('14); FITD: #8 - W: Rome, Baku ('14)
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 10th, 2014, 01:25 PM   #4192
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of

Last edited by Not A Fan : May 10th, 2014 at 01:32 PM.
Not A Fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 10th, 2014, 01:32 PM   #4193
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant!!!!!!!! Not a great match but she played as well as she had to and once again showed what a fantastic fighter she is. Handled the heat much better than Petra.

After having not gone past the 3rd round in PMs before 2014 she has now gone SF and Final in her only 2 PMs of 2014. Amazing!

Plenty of updates for me to make to the Milestones thread tomorrow.
Old May 10th, 2014, 01:32 PM   #4194
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Tricky draw. Hope she'll have the energy next week
Old May 10th, 2014, 01:37 PM   #4195
country flag CristianB8

CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future

Huh, tricky match,Petra has class, she just hasn't the fitness!
Simona was a little to defensive sometimes today and I don't know but I always have the impression she will lose the tiebreak ... But she is such an warrior when she is healthy ...
If Simona wins tomorrow (God Help) I don't think we will see her in Rome, or if we will see her she will flop somewhere in one from her first 2 matches!
Just an opinion, don't shut :
CristianB8 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 10th, 2014, 01:41 PM   #4196
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianB8 View Post
If Simona wins tomorrow (God Help) I don't think we will see her in Rome, or if we will see her she will flop somewhere in one from her first 2 matches!
I almost wouldn't care what happens in Rome if she wins tomorrow. Almost!
Old May 10th, 2014, 01:41 PM   #4197
country flag Wolfyx

Wolfyx is a name known to all Wolfyx is a name known to all Wolfyx is a name known to all Wolfyx is a name known to all Wolfyx is a name known to all Wolfyx is a name known to all Wolfyx is a name known to all Wolfyx is a name known to all Wolfyx is a name known to all Wolfyx is a name known to all Wolfyx is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty-Eyed Dog View Post
Simona's a smart player, flexible. She plays conservative counterpuncher tennis against players like Petra because it's strategically smart. She takes more chances and is more aggressive against less powerful opponents.
I find this to be very accurate. You can not overhit a hard hitter like Kvitova, you gotta be sly, counterpunch, induce the UEs until the opponent crumbles. May not be as pretty to watch, but it is the winning tactic. I can see how that is sometimes misconstrued as 'not being at your best'.

And has Serena withdrawn from Rome or not?
Old May 10th, 2014, 01:42 PM   #4198
country flag drg

drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future

Keys

Carla . I wait for this match since RG on clay.

And SImona can play 2 matches vs Sharapova in row .
drg is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 10th, 2014, 01:43 PM   #4199
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianB8 View Post
Huh, tricky match,Petra has class, she just hasn't the fitness!
Simona was a little to defensive sometimes today and I don't know but I always have the impression she will lose the tiebreak ... But she is such an warrior when she is healthy ...
She wanted to play Dubai (injured) , and that was a P470

Rome is a P5 , she has a Bye so she can get ~3 days of rest. So she will not withdraw.

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #83 - W: Vero Beach, Astana, Antalya I ('14); TT-d: #97 - W: Astana, Landisville w/ Palin6o, Zawada w/ traddles ('14); RUP: Beinasco, Prague w/ Crux S, Contrexeville ('14);
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven; RUP: Acapulco ('14); FITD: #8 - W: Rome, Baku ('14)
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 10th, 2014, 01:53 PM   #4200
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of

I don't know what to say .. This girl is really unbelievable ,, She never gives up

I can't speak about the match ,, We only have to be happy with our girl

But the greatest thing happened in Madrid is her serve ,, I'm really sure if she keep on this and with being more comfortable and in 100 % form she will have real chances to make great things in slams

The other thing , please Simona try to do bettter in those damn TBs .. you can't fight for 12 games just to give the sets this easy ... Not every time things will go great like that

About tomorrow .. I'm satisfied but i just want her to keep fighting for her chances which are really existed .. this chanced don't come easily ... please try to enter match earlier ..

Maybe I ask her for a tough thing as it must be very tired now .. But who knows

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread