Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 240 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2014, 06:56 AM   #3586
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

I'm getting too excited for Simona's return to the court (but quite nervous as well!) I do think she'll be back with a bang in Stuttgart though - the hunger to get playing again and make up for the miss of Miami, points to make up in the RTS and a Top 4 RG seeding to chase ... Despite the small injuries she should be feeling rejuvenated, rather than somewhat drained as she appeared in Indian Wells.

Does anyone know when the draw for Stuttgart will be made? I can't find anything on the tournament website about it. Qualifying starts on Saturday but the main draw matches don't start until Tuesday.

By the way, I was reading the sub-forum of another player yesterday (I won't say who) ... Can you believe that in March of this year there was still someone saying Simona's style is defensive/counterpunching? Furthermore, the same poster said her ground strokes are "average"

BRAZIL 2014
Tall and tan and young and lovely
The girl from Ipanema goes walking
And when she passes, each one she passes
Goes "Aaaah"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJkxFhFRFDA
CheddarChomper is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 16th, 2014, 07:39 AM   #3587
country flag george2210

george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all

Somebody said on the Tournament thread that the draw will be made on Saturday, 4 PM.
george2210 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 10:27 AM   #3588
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
I'm getting too excited for Simona's return to the court (but quite nervous as well!) I do think she'll be back with a bang in Stuttgart though - the hunger to get playing again and make up for the miss of Miami, points to make up in the RTS and a Top 4 RG seeding to chase ... Despite the small injuries she should be feeling rejuvenated, rather than somewhat drained as she appeared in Indian Wells.

Does anyone know when the draw for Stuttgart will be made? I can't find anything on the tournament website about it. Qualifying starts on Saturday but the main draw matches don't start until Tuesday.

By the way, I was reading the sub-forum of another player yesterday (I won't say who) ... Can you believe that in March of this year there was still someone saying Simona's style is defensive/counterpunching? Furthermore, the same poster said her ground strokes are "average"

The poster for sure doesn't watch to many of Simona's matches. Her style is more of smart agressive, but sometimes during some matches she goes in that defensive mode, but it's not her style for sure.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Eugenie Bouchard,Sabine Lisicki,Maria Sharapova,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Dominika Cibulkova,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 10:51 AM   #3589
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the posters on this forum are pressed by her success, not all, but some. And Simona had ups and downs this year, probably they caught her on a bad day at the office. She has days when she's obviously off and plays very defensive, but that's a part of her tactic, if she wouldn't do that probably they would call her a brainless ballbashers because we all know that when she has a bad day there's no way she is going to win if she hits 100 UEs, the best way is to play on economy mode and do what you have to do to win even when you aren't at your best level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
A Halep fan talking about Arrogance, have you seen how Halep carries herself on court.
NeKo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 12:50 PM   #3590
country flag mido1988

mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold

I don't mind Simona being defensive in some parts of some matches .. a part of success is to have another option when things aren't good with you .. I will only start to worry if this became her main style and if she lost her aggressive mentality and to enter matches to defend from the begining

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 03:56 PM   #3591
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
It was time for her to go with an higher company who pay better.
Not only that, but I have never been a fan of the Lacoste tennis outfits to begin with, neither male, nor female. I was actually quite surprised to see how lLong she stayed with them stating in an interview that she would never wear a short skirt, but those Lacoste dDresses were the shortest you would see on the tour.

Quote:
I wouldn't listen to what other people say about the players you cheer for - not gamewise, but especially not when it comes to personality related things.

Listen to your heart.
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 04:07 PM   #3592
country flag phantomplayer89

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Not only that, but I have never been a fan of the Lacoste tennis outfits to begin with, neither male, nor female. I was actually quite surprised to see how lLong she stayed with them stating in an interview that she would never wear a short skirt, but those Lacoste dDresses were the shortest you would see on the tour.
Yeah, Lacoste's outfits are too bland. A player never gets a specific kit made for themselves, which means they don't stand out. Simona was basically wearing the same kit that Domi was wearing, just opposite colors. I don't think a female player gets more than 3 outfits a year. The guys wear the same shirt almost all year round.

Simona, at #5, deserved an exclusive kit. And that's what Adidas, her original sponsor offered her, along with more money. My guess is that her Adidas kit will be low-key, similar to something Justine Henin wore. I can't imagine her wearing the uniform blue kit that we've seen Hantuchova, Ivanovic, Muguruza, and Cirstea wear. For Simona, a kit like that is too "loud," or at least you get that sense from her.

By the way, anybody know why Simona and Adidas parted ways back in February 2012? I wouldn't be surprised if Adidas decided to take her back because she ascended to #5 in the rankings.
phantomplayer89 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 11:51 AM   #3593

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Simona plays Jovanovski on Saturday in Fed Cup and then Ivanovic on Sunday. http://www.fedcup.com/en/draws-resul...ieId=100021475

Hopefully, she can blow some cobwebs away against BoJo so she can be ready to beat Ana!

BRAZIL 2014
Goes "Aaaah"

Old Apr 18th, 2014, 12:04 PM   #3594
country flag mido1988

mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Simona plays Jovanovski on Saturday in Fed Cup and then Ivanovic on Sunday. http://www.fedcup.com/en/draws-resul...ieId=100021475

Hopefully, she can blow some cobwebs away against BoJo so she can be ready to beat Ana!
The matches are too early especially her match vs Ana .. I will not be at home

I hope someone would record and upload them

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 12:11 PM   #3595
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

How stunning is Simona in dress?
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Eugenie Bouchard,Sabine Lisicki,Maria Sharapova,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Dominika Cibulkova,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 12:19 PM   #3596
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
I thought Lacoste contract (and the label Deesse) might have had something to do with her relationship with Dimitrie Sturdza.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 12:22 PM   #3597
country flag DanLovesWTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
I thought Lacoste contract (and the label Deesse) might have had something to do with her relationship with Dimitrie Sturdza.
Maybe Deesse will wear again. We will see in the next matches, but with Lacoste is over for sure.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 12:28 PM   #3598

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post
The matches are too early especially her match vs Ana .. I will not be at home

I hope someone would record and upload them
I hope the stream has more bandwidth to let more people on this time. I don't think I'm the only one who missed her Fed Cup matches in February because the stream wouldn't connect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
How stunning is Simona in dress?
Yep, she always shapes up great in a dress. I wish she would wear them a bit more often (but it's her choice and her life to do as she pleases )

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
Isn't Deesse owned by the Romanian prince? I don't know if that's Sturdza or not? It's in one of those articles posted a few weeks ago on the Articles thread. It seems to me to be a separate contract to her clothing contract.

BRAZIL 2014
Goes "Aaaah"

Old Apr 18th, 2014, 03:05 PM   #3599
country flag bwraven

bwraven is just really nice bwraven is just really nice bwraven is just really nice bwraven is just really nice bwraven is just really nice bwraven is just really nice bwraven is just really nice bwraven is just really nice bwraven is just really nice bwraven is just really nice bwraven is just really nice

The thing I regret is she'll probably be wearing those horrible(my opinion obv.) adidas shoes. The nikes she wore during the last few months looked so incredibly smooth on her foot.
bwraven is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 04:27 PM   #3600
country flag phantomplayer89

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwraven View Post
The thing I regret is she'll probably be wearing those horrible(my opinion obv.) adidas shoes. The nikes she wore during the last few months looked so incredibly smooth on her foot.
I can live with the shoes as long she doesn't where same uniform Adidas dresses that Ana, Sori, Daniela, and Garbine wear. I hope she wears something that's exclusive to her.
phantomplayer89 is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread