Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 230 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 07:03 PM   #3436
country flag CristianB8

CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

But they show just a part of Simona's rally with AGA, and I don't understand why ...
The whole thing, from the serve 'till the end show how difficult was to win the point, but anyway is good that they at least mentioned that

Simona Halep!
CristianB8 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 07:07 PM   #3437
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
Thanks! I voted .... for Radwanska
You can see that point from a few angles if you ask me:
1) How well is Aga`s defense when she is ON and not playing against a powerful player
2) Simona struggling to end a point against a player way back behind the base-line (agreed, not just any player)
3) I love Simona`s drop-shot since I`ve seen it for the first time against JJ in Rome. She should use it more often, more variety to her game is definitely something that can only be a positive thing.

Voted for Simona evidently, but Lucie`s shoot was also a great one.
s0higher is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 08:09 PM   #3438
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

I'm too biased to vote for anyone than Simona
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic,Camila Giorgi,Zarina Diyas.
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Na Li.

Last edited by DanLovesWTA : Apr 2nd, 2014 at 09:57 PM.
DanLovesWTA is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 08:11 PM   #3439
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
You can see that point from a few angles if you ask me:
1) How well is Aga`s defense when she is ON and not playing against a powerful player
2) Simona struggling to end a point against a player way back behind the base-line (agreed, not just any player)
3) I love Simona`s drop-shot since I`ve seen it for the first time against JJ in Rome. She should use it more often, more variety to her game is definitely something that can only be a positive thing.

Voted for Simona evidently, but Lucie`s shoot was also a great one.
Aga's defence was inspired that night. It's what won her the match. That and Simona's silly errors on 5 or 6 really important points swung the match Aga's way. Against any other player, Simona striking the ball like that would have ended the point much earlier.

I do think Simona's power is under-estimated. Remember, those IW courts were as slow as treacle, so that helped Aga stay in that point and many others too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
I'm to biased to vote for anyone than Simona
Too right Dan!
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 09:15 PM   #3440
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of

How could you guys not vote for this... c'mon..

Not A Fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 09:11 AM   #3441
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
So she went into a supermarket, bought some fresh fruits and a bag of chips. WooooW let`s make an article regarding those chips !!!!

She does not spend enough time back home to be hunted by those "hideous creatures" and even if she does, they can only ask for a picture, because she`s not that kind of person to be caught doing something funny. She kept her live private until now, she will do the same in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
These dregs of human society, as codrutc named them , would go anywhere for this and it's not like she can escape them forever . Also, she surely gets informed (don't know if she reads) by what they write....pardon me : defecate.
This reminds how back in the day I wanted to become a journalist, when this was still an honest job. Now that the tabloid industry has taken over it's so hard to stay loyal to your values and not get dragged down to writing this crap just because it sells best.

This might also be one of the reasons people in General react more and more defensively and skepticaly when asked to be interviewed, even if it's just a local paper. Needless to say that I can fully understand them.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 01:23 AM   #3442
country flag Evan86

Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
Watch & Vote--> http://bit.ly/1jZ1jvO
I voted for Simona, of course, but at the WTA including that ordinary shot from Stephens, it seems they are still trying to promote her
Evan86 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 01:47 AM   #3443
country flag phantomplayer89

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Li Na has withdrawn from Stuttgart, which means Simo is bumped up to the 2-seed. She'll get her own half and should get a decent draw. Being a 2-seed might mean more pressure as well, but she should be able to handle it.
phantomplayer89 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 02:52 AM   #3444

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
Li Na has withdrawn from Stuttgart, which means Simo is bumped up to the 2-seed. She'll get her own half and should get a decent draw. Being a 2-seed might mean more pressure as well, but she should be able to handle it.
Simona will win Stuttgart. There, I've said it! Fed Cup will be a nice little tune up for her to shake off the rust and then come out on clay ready to rip it up.

I think Simona thrives on pressure, even though she says she tries to play without pressure. Indeed it seems this year that her bad performances in the latter stages of tournaments (Domi at the AO & Aga in IW) have come when she has reached her goal and then relaxed too much, or failed to prepare properly mentally for the following match.
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 03:41 PM   #3445
country flag oliverdescants

oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post

I think Simona thrives on pressure, even though she says she tries to play without pressure. Indeed it seems this year that her bad performances in the latter stages of tournaments (Domi at the AO & Aga in IW) have come when she has reached her goal and then relaxed too much, or failed to prepare properly mentally for the following match.
Beating Aga and Domi ought to be her goal. Getting into the AO quarters I'm sure was very nice for her, but I can't quite fathom how a BNP semi makes a difference beyond the money. No, beating Aga should be a fruit ripe enough. Especially now. Especially given how psyched-up Aga was to beat her.
oliverdescants is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 07:19 PM   #3446

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverdescants View Post
Beating Aga and Domi ought to be her goal. Getting into the AO quarters I'm sure was very nice for her, but I can't quite fathom how a BNP semi makes a difference beyond the money. No, beating Aga should be a fruit ripe enough. Especially now. Especially given how psyched-up Aga was to beat her.
Absolutely, I agree. I think the goals she set herself in the AO and at IW were too modest, especially at IW, but that also she shouldn't be thinking of relaxing when she has reached a particular round-based target. Certainly at IW she shouldn't have been happy with anything but a final appearance. Given proper mental preparation, I think she should be beating Aga most times and she should have the upper hand over Domi on more occasions than not.
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 08:11 PM   #3447
country flag oliverdescants

oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all

I think she should be beating Aga too. Domi is a tough match-up for her. That should prove to be interesting.
oliverdescants is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 11:33 PM   #3448
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Have you guys been watching Belinda Bencic playing? She plays the angles very well. She may be a potential rival for Simona.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 11:34 PM   #3449
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
Have you guys been watching Belinda Bencic playing? She plays the angles very well. She may be a potential rival for Simona.
She is an incredible talent. And she seems to be a hard worker just like Simona.

PART-TIME POSTER
NeKo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 11:39 PM   #3450
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

I am actually watching her match against Errani Win or lose I am impressed.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread