Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 226 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2014, 06:49 PM   #3376
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of
The only thing i'm concerned is Simona health but it seems to me that it will be a long rest until FED. She can't play other tournaments since she made a top 10 schedule but she also can't play nothing before. I just hope she will be fit and ready for Madrid after this long break

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
s0higher is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 21st, 2014, 06:50 PM   #3377
country flag oliverdescants

oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Readers of this board who understand the WTA game better than I do, am I correct in presuming Casey Dellaqua made a bundle today? There ought to be some regulation about this, but I don't know what it is. The promotors of this event -- granted they obviously didn't think much of our girl by putting her out on a nether-reaches court-- got screwed out of the prestige of a #5 player, but must they then also pay Dellaqua for doing exactly nothing? Boxing contracts are much more interesting in terms of guarantees, and such. Tennis, unfortunately, is like boxing in that it's a match: an exhibition. These type of injuries make one weary of the game of tennis, frankly.
oliverdescants is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 21st, 2014, 06:53 PM   #3378
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
This 0 pointer really won't affect her. There are only 4 PMs a year. So her results at the remaining 2 PMs will still count towards her ranking. Today, she just loses 80 points, and moves on.

And the players behind her have to have great tournament to overtake her for #5. And by great, I mean reaching the final or winning the title. And in the case of Sharapova and JJ, they have to defend their points, as well.
I think you don't know the rules very well. This 0 pointer will remain in her ranking for 52 weeks and will be counted as one of the 16 tourneys. So if her 17th tournament is one with 280 points for example , theoretically, she loses 280 points.

See here : http://www.afptennis.com/ru/profile....=2153&action=2 her rankings breakdown.

P.S : Only Kvitova (Final) or Kerber (title win) may pass her, because Jankovic choked today against Lepchenko.

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #85 - W: Vero Beach, Astana, Antalya I ('14); TT-d: #96 - W: Astana, Landisville w/ Palin6o, Zawada w/ traddles ('14); RUP: Beinasco, Prague w/ Crux S, Contrexeville ('14);
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven; RUP: Acapulco ('14); FITD: #8 - W: Rome, Baku ('14)

Last edited by Nightcrawl3r : Mar 22nd, 2014 at 04:07 PM.
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 21st, 2014, 09:38 PM   #3379
country flag Wolfyx

Wolfyx is a name known to all Wolfyx is a name known to all Wolfyx is a name known to all Wolfyx is a name known to all Wolfyx is a name known to all Wolfyx is a name known to all Wolfyx is a name known to all Wolfyx is a name known to all Wolfyx is a name known to all Wolfyx is a name known to all Wolfyx is a name known to all

Ahhh, why did that toe nail have to start bothering her now and not after Miami. Such awful timing.

Good thing JJ bit the dust and will probably not threaten Simona's ranking.

Surgery for ingrown toe-nails is nothing serious, I've done quite a few. The reason they sometimes grow inwards is due to the way they are cut. It's recommended that you leave the lateral edges of the nail as straight as possible and not round them out (you should use clippers instead of scissors for this).

I read about her surgery a few days ago and was hoping it was on a finger nail, but seeing as it's her right toe ..she would have struggled. It may've been possible to play against Dellaqua, but her toe would've become inflamed and sooner or later she would have withdrawn, so I suppose it's best she did not put any strain on it from the get-go.

Such a pitty though..
Old Mar 21st, 2014, 09:44 PM   #3380
country flag phantomplayer89

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
I think you don't know the rules very well. This 0 pointer will remain in her ranking for 52 weeks and will be counted as one of the 16 tourneys. So if her 17th tournament is one with 280 points for example , theoretically, she loses 280 points.

See here : http://www.afptennis.com/ru/profile....=2153&action=2 her rankings breakdown.

P.S : Only Kvitova may pass her, if she makes the Final , because Jankovic choked earlier against Lepchenko.

The thing is:

The results used to determine a player’s WTA Ranking shall be
those yielding the highest ranking points during a rolling, 52-week
period, and must include a player’s ranking points from the Grand
Slams, Premier Mandatory Tournaments and the Premier WTA
Championships plus the best two (2) Premier 5 Tournament results
for Top 10 Players.

In addition, a Top 20 Player’s WTA Ranking must include her best
two (2) Premier 5 Tournament results, if any.

(a) The ranking points earned by any player who qualifies for
acceptance in the Main Draw of the above Tournaments
must count on a player’s ranking as one (1) of her best 16
Tournament results.

Except as specified below, any player who is originally
accepted into the Main Draw of the automatic entry
Tournaments listed in sub-Section i above, or becomes a
direct acceptance and subsequently withdraws and
therefore fails to play the Tournament, will automatically
receive zero (0) points for the Tournament, and it will count
on that player’s ranking as one (1) of her best 16
Tournament results. Notwithstanding the foregoing, a
player who enters a Tournament listed in sub-Section i
above by using her Special Ranking but does not qualify
for Main Draw acceptance either under the Top 10 Player
Rules or based on her ranking will not receive zero (0)
points if she withdraws before the Qualifying Sign-In
deadline.

(b) Any Top 10 Player who fails to play in a Premier 5 or
Premier 700 Commitment Tournament will automatically
receive zero (0) points for the Tournament and it will count
on that player’s ranking as one (1) of her best 16
Tournament results.

(c) Top 10 Players may only incur a maximum of three (3)
zero (0) points for Missed Tournaments due to a Long
Term Injury; however, all zero (0) points for missed
Mandatory Tournaments (i.e., Premier Mandatory
Tournaments, Grand Slams and the Premier WTA
Championships) must count on the player’s ranking. If
there are less than three (3) Mandatory Tournament zero
(0) point penalties during such absence, the priority order
in counting the zero (0) point penalties shall be based on
the highest Tournament Category Level of Missed
Tournament first, and then to the first event missed during
the Long Term Injury.

(d) A Top 10 Player’s ranking must include her two (2) best
results from Premier 5 Tournaments played during the
year (which may be zero (0) points, if applicable), plus any
other zero (0) points under sub-Sections (b) and (c) above.

(e) A Top 20 Player must include her two (2) best results from
Premier 5 Tournaments if played during the year.

And Simona wasn't a top 10 player at the start of this year.
phantomplayer89 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 21st, 2014, 10:50 PM   #3381

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
The thing is:
.................................................. ........

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?...pp=Excel&wdo=2

http://www.tennis4wta.com/Siralama/s1_50.html

- 4695 points (0 points for Miami that stick there)

I'm not in the mood to look for the exact WTA Rule now but what you posted, isn't anywhere the situation of today.

Also, you'll see the official rankings in 10 days

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #85 - W: Vero Beach, Astana, Antalya I ('14); TT-d: #96 - W: Astana, Landisville w/ Palin6o, Zawada w/ traddles ('14); RUP: Beinasco, Prague w/ Crux S, Contrexeville ('14);
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven; RUP: Acapulco ('14); FITD: #8 - W: Rome, Baku ('14)
Old Mar 21st, 2014, 11:27 PM   #3382

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Quote:
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?...pp=Excel&wdo=2

http://www.tennis4wta.com/Siralama/s1_50.html

- 4695 points (0 points for Miami that stick there)

I'm not in the mood to look for the exact WTA Rule now but what you posted, isn't anywhere the situation of today.

Also, you'll see the official rankings in 10 days

Not debating rather it will be a zero pointer. That's obvious. I'm saying it won't account against her since she was NOT a top 10 player at the beginning of this season. If she had been in the top 10, then the 0 pointer would have counted and if she did win an International 280 event, she would have lost 280 points. But since she wasn't in the top 10, her 17th event won't be counted against her.
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 02:18 AM   #3383
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of

Quote:
But the sad part is that she'll get 0 points that will stick in her rankings for 1 year
You may be right but still... "playing for points" is never good! If you're not ok, don't think about the points you're losing and give your body enough time to recover. There are a lot of players out there that will tell you their biggest career mistake was playing through injuries.

Enough time now to recover, get fit, work on her game with Wim and hopefully by the time RG comes around we'll get to see peak Halep in action...
Not A Fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 02:49 AM   #3384

"I'm very disappointed to have to withdraw today," Halep stated. "Two days ago I had surgery on my right big toe for an infected toenail. Obviously, on court, I need to push off a lot with my toe, and it's too sore. So unfortunately I need to withdraw as I am unable to play with this restriction I have."

"My next couple of events are Fed Cup and Stuttgart, and I should be fine by then."
- See more at: http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl....Q68GzFRv.dpuf

Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 08:27 AM   #3385
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of

Quote:
"I'm very disappointed to have to withdraw today," Halep stated. "Two days ago I had surgery on my right big toe for an infected toenail. Obviously, on court, I need to push off a lot with my toe, and it's too sore. So unfortunately I need to withdraw as I am unable to play with this restriction I have."
Poor Simona

Quote:
"My next couple of events are Fed Cup and Stuttgart, and I should be fine by then."

Maybe she Should focus on getting well from injury first and see how things will go then decide what to do .. It's too early to decide

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 12:05 PM   #3386
country flag ILC

ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all

Heh, Stuttgart, Sharapova's tournament
ILC is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 03:16 PM   #3387
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveCats View Post
Heh, Stuttgart, Sharapova's tournament
In 3 years time, to be known as Halep's tournament.

Playing Fed Cup suited Simona well last time, winning Doha the week after. Hopefully, she can repeat the feat and have a Porsche sitting in her parking space.

By the way, does anyone know what car she currently drives? Given that she says she likes to save her money, I imagine it to be something quite modest.
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 03:23 PM   #3388
country flag george2210

george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
By the way, does anyone know what car she currently drives? Given that she says she likes to save her money, I imagine it to be something quite modest.
She has a Range Rover since February.
george2210 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 05:22 PM   #3389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Fan View Post
You may be right but still... "playing for points" is never good! If you're not ok, don't think about the points you're losing and give your body enough time to recover. There are a lot of players out there that will tell you their biggest career mistake was playing through injuries.

Enough time now to recover, get fit, work on her game with Wim and hopefully by the time RG comes around we'll get to see peak Halep in action...
Like what Vika has been guilty of doing. It hasn't helped her that much lately. Don't want Simo to be another Vika, where she shows up a tournaments not fully healed.
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 05:28 PM   #3390

Quote:
And that's what I worry about. She'll probably be fine at this time, next week. But she's not going to have any matches under her belt. Fed Cup is April 19-20. That means she wouldn't have played a match for over a month, since playing last Friday, March 14. I'm an advocate for her being 100% healthy and being rested, but I don't want her to be fully healthy, and then not play anything, and not be match tough. Not playing for over a month is a long layoff, by tennis standards. Only Serena can repeatedly do that successfully, and even she struggles at times.
Closed Thread