Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 140 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 15th, 2014, 06:41 PM   #2086
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

"It's been an unbelievable tournament for me," Halep said. "I played really well tonight. When I was 5-2 down in the first set I told myself I have nothing to lose anymore, so I changed the tactics. I was still aggressive but played smarter - I started to play more crosses, more short crosses, and then I tried to finish the points with drive volleys. I also hit more drop shots as it went on.

"I think I played a complete game tonight. I'm very happy with the way I played."

Afterwards, Halep told the crowd she hopes they come back to watch the final on Sunday.

"A lot of people came here tonight to support me, and every day too," Halep commented. "Every day they're coming and I like having all the support. My family and close friends are here as well.

"I just wanted to thank them for supporting me and that I want them to come tomorrow again."
- See more at: http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl....a3XrJaEP.dpuf

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 15th, 2014, 06:46 PM   #2087
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

You're all cracking me up. I'm a techie so it's all on the button for me.

Don't wish for perfection too soon ... what further improvements would we have to look forward to if her game was perfect?
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 06:46 PM   #2088
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Just as I expected, not a single word about the injury. Looks like she's gonna be able to play close to her 100% tomorrow
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 06:50 PM   #2089

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
Just as I expected, not a single word about the injury. Looks like she's gonna be able to play close to her 100% tomorrow
Yep, it didn't seem to bother her at all. If anything, it looked like it affected her more in the Errani match when she pulled out very quickly of some hard, but not impossible, to reach shots by Errani.

I'm sure Simona and her team will make the correct decision regarding whether to play Dubai or not.
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 06:52 PM   #2090
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
Yep, it didn't seem to bother her at all..
Hm... Her ankles were fixed today and she called a trainer
Hartson is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 06:54 PM   #2091

Link to full match video, courtesy of ShiftyFella in GM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlUGFFFIuzg
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 06:55 PM   #2092
country flag Cosimo

Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all

I told you her injury is not serious. Otherwise she would've retired before playing against Sarita. She's not stupid, mind you, like some of you seem to think. She might be the most intelligent player on tour right now.
I want her to play in Dubai too, because I can't wait for the moment when she will spank Serena's ass, and Dubai seems just that perfect moment.
Cosimo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 06:56 PM   #2093

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
Hm... Her ankles were fixed today and she called a trainer
Sorry, what I meant was that it didn't seem to affect her movement or her play.
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 06:57 PM   #2094
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post
I told you her injury is not serious. Otherwise she would've retired before playing against Sarita. She's not stupid, mind you, like some of you seem to think. She might be the most intelligent player on tour right now.
I want her to play in Dubai too, because I can't wait for the moment when she will spank Serena's ass, and Dubai seems just that perfect moment.
Can't wait for that moment either!
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 06:59 PM   #2095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post
I don't think any of us think she is stupid. Quite the opposite in fact, there is pretty much universal love and regard here for her intelligence and smarts. We all recognise that is how she gains some of her competitive advantage.
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 07:01 PM   #2096
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
Still no Simona 3.0 would have a better net-play (especially drive-volley)
yeaah , i think that improving her net play will move her to another level and will give her additional solutions to win against most of the players including the top 4

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 08:01 PM   #2097
country flag drg

drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future

I think hiring Wim is the decision of her life . He looks very confident . Her game is different but much better than last year in such a short period .
drg is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 08:02 PM   #2098
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
I think hiring Wim is the decision of her life .
I think it's a work of her agent Virginia Ruzici
Hartson is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 08:04 PM   #2099
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. Fissette is brilliant. I called it in November on this forum At least I wanted him to be her coach, I knew it's going to work out. The guy is amazing, so motivated, hungry for titles and also very hard working and modest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
A Halep fan talking about Arrogance, have you seen how Halep carries herself on court.
NeKo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 08:07 PM   #2100
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure that Fissette is a very good coach, but I have to wonder how much credit he can be given for this. As far as I can see he didn't add anything to Simona's game, she is doing the same things as she was doing last year. Yesterday was maybe the best she's ever done those things, but they're her things, not his. Wim is probably a stabilizing influence who has helped her turn her dip in form and confidence around, but he hasn't transformed her game.
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread