Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 134 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2014, 06:25 PM   #1996
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

I just wish Simona won't get frustrated by Radwanska's defensive resistance. She just needs to push her to the limits. Many players get frustrated and make lot of UEs against Radwanska.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
A Halep fan talking about Arrogance, have you seen how Halep carries herself on court.
NeKo is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 14th, 2014, 06:26 PM   #1997
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

"It was a difficult match. I couldn't prepare very well because I'm not 100% - I have an injury - and I can't run very well on the court," Halep said. "But I was very strong mentally and just wanted to focus on every point. She's a great player and comes back very well and runs very well, so I knew it was important to just stay aggressive and finish the points, and the match, as soon as I could."

Halep was asked to elaborate on the injury. "It's in my Achilles," she commented. "I feel pain, and when I'm running I feel it. I hope it isn't a very dangerous injury and that it will get better soon."

And on getting revenge on Errani? "Yes, I can say that, because I didn't forget the match in Miami," she said. "She beat me so fast, so quickly - but this time I changed tactics and was more aggressive."
- See more at: http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl....DfyxU0Tv.dpuf

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #136 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #131 - RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch; Suicide: #48 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #80 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #79
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 06:28 PM   #1998
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
"It was a difficult match. I couldn't prepare very well because I'm not 100% - I have an injury - and I can't run very well on the court," Halep said. "But I was very strong mentally and just wanted to focus on every point. She's a great player and comes back very well and runs very well, so I knew it was important to just stay aggressive and finish the points, and the match, as soon as I could."

Halep was asked to elaborate on the injury. "It's in my Achilles," she commented. "I feel pain, and when I'm running I feel it. I hope it isn't a very dangerous injury and that it will get better soon."

And on getting revenge on Errani? "Yes, I can say that, because I didn't forget the match in Miami," she said. "She beat me so fast, so quickly - but this time I changed tactics and was more aggressive."
That doesn't sound well. Damn. Hope it's nothing serious. But I think she needs to do that all the time, not when she is feeling pain, I mean being aggressive like today. That's the way to do it.

Quote:
A Halep fan talking about Arrogance, have you seen how Halep carries herself on court.
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 06:34 PM   #1999

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Quote:

After seeing this, maybe she should indeed withdraw from Dubai . But only if she feels it could get worse.

P.S : In the meantime , there are still frustrated trolls / idiots , saying that Halep will leave Top 10 the soonest : http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=664289

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #136 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #131 - RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch; Suicide: #48 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #80 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #79
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 06:37 PM   #2000
country flag mido1988

mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
She has not withdrawn from Dubai till now and I don't think she will.

You (plural) want her to skip too many tournaments. As for Paris , I agreed too , for this one I Don't ! (only if she/ her physio think she could injure herself more) because you can't rely only on Premier 900, 1000 and GS . You have to play Premier 700's too !

I didn't want her to cancel paris .. actually i love watching her every day and dubai is Televised in arabic area so this is an opportunity to watch her
but after at least 7 matches in a few time and with this injury and the good run i think she should rest to prepare to the U.S tournaments .. especially dubai is only 470 points and it will be very tough

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 06:45 PM   #2001
country flag mido1988

mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold

Simona was in dubai qualification last year

what a change

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 06:51 PM   #2002
country flag Serve2Win

Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future

Halep is fine, folks. Don't worry. Lots of player wear ankle braces. She was not wearing any.
I don't think the ankle will be a factor tomorrow. She just has to play smart tennis... finish the points and not give Radwanska balls after balls. Because Radwanska is not going to miss many of them.

Last edited by Serve2Win : Feb 14th, 2014 at 08:07 PM.
Serve2Win is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 07:26 PM   #2003
country flag Markmen
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post
Simona was in dubai qualification last year

what a change
That is incredible.
2014: W CYP (S) Paris; Doha; Stuttgart. (D): (Spencer.) Indian Wells; Madrid; Strasbourg. Tipping (S) Birmingham; (D) (mariusz_pol) Miami; Indian Wells; Madrid; Rome; French Open. Q-Ball Rome; Strasbourg; Baku Triathalon Oeiras; Nurnberg; Birmingham. R/U FITD (S) Rio; (D) Indian Wells. CYP (D) (Spencer.) Paris; Birmingham. (S) Katowice; Doha; French Open. Tipping (D) (mariusz_pol) Aust Open; Doha; Wimbledon. Triathalon Eastbourne.
2013: W Tipping (D) (mariusz_pol) Beijing; USO. (S) Bastad. CYP (D) (Spencer.) US Open; Guangzhou; Linz. FITD Oeiras. RANKINGS Pentathlon = 11 Tipping (S) = 16 (D) (mariusz_pol) = 1 FITD (S) = 26
(D) = 11 CYP (S) = 3 CYP (D) (Spencer.) = 1 QBall = 17
Markmen is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 08:13 PM   #2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serve2Win View Post
Halep is fine, folks. Don't worry. Lots of player wear ankle braces. She was not wearing any.
I don't think the ankle will be a factor tomorrow. She just has to play smart tennis... finish the points and not give Radwanska balls after balls. Because Radwanska is not going to miss many of them.
Uhm ... achilles tendon dude : http://gobarefooting.files.wordpress...on_rupture.jpg .

If there's a rupture, it could be bad. Hope it's not.

Old Feb 14th, 2014, 08:19 PM   #2005
country flag NeKo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serve2Win View Post
Well, she said she has problems with her Achilles. Feels pain.

Quote:
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 08:53 PM   #2006
country flag TennisGhost

TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute

http://twitter.com/wimfissette

Wim's account, if anyone is interested in following him.
TennisGhost is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 09:22 PM   #2007
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

She has to finish points like this more often. It's her main problem, she is afraid to hit a drive-volley

Hartson is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 09:27 PM   #2008
country flag Evan86

Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of

Absolutely brilliant tennis, even the commentator said that was some of the best ballstriking he has ever seen on the WTA. And on top of all that, Simona also served great today. If she will play tomorrow like she did today, I have no doubt that she will beat Aga. But a fantastic display of tennis like the one against Errani is not one that you can easily produce so I am moderately optimistic about the SF
Evan86 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 09:36 PM   #2009
country flag HalepFan

HalepFan is just really nice HalepFan is just really nice HalepFan is just really nice HalepFan is just really nice HalepFan is just really nice HalepFan is just really nice HalepFan is just really nice HalepFan is just really nice HalepFan is just really nice HalepFan is just really nice HalepFan is just really nice

I wish she gets a proper medical opinion on her Achilles. Wouldn't like aggravate whatever is troubling her... A few weeks rest may help in avoiding months off court..
HalepFan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 09:41 PM   #2010
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched it again and it looks as good the 2nd time as it did the 1st!

In amongst all her beautiful groundstrokes, her serve was also great. Some nice pace on the 2nd serve too (where has that come from?).

Some insane stats I didn't realise at the time:
  • In the 2nd set Simona hit 17 winners (2.83 average per game) and just 2 UEs.
  • Simona hit more winners in the match than Errani won points! (32-26)
  • 62% of the 52 points Simona won were winners!

BRAZIL 2014
Tall and tan and young and lovely
The girl from Ipanema goes walking
And when she passes, each one she passes
Goes "Aaaah"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJkxFhFRFDA
CheddarChomper is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread