Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 131 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2014, 04:22 PM   #1951
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

BINE Simona !!!! As if she had read all those stupid comments about her game on the GM and she wanted to prove every one of those trolls wrong ! Great match from Simona, so many winners, and the first service helped her today. I just hope she saved some winners for tomorrow as well.
s0higher is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 14th, 2014, 04:22 PM   #1952
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

In the interview she stated she has problems with her Achilles tendon and still such a magnificent performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
So much for the theory that Simona wouldn't have the weapons to bother Errani. Wonder if Corswandt is watching?
Yes, he did and obviously changed his opinions judged by his posts in the Live Commentary thread.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 04:23 PM   #1953
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

This victory has to work wonders for her confidence level. She was absolutely amazing today
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 04:24 PM   #1954
country flag Tezuka.
Donna Rules.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

Yay 2 of my top faves made the SF. Hope both make the final. I always wanted to watch a match between them.
Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 04:24 PM   #1955
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Yes, he did and obviously changed his opinions judged by his posts in the Live Commentary thread.
I saw that. Credit to him for that. Some people keep hating till the bitter end, but he was prepared to change his opinion based on the very clear evidence
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 04:25 PM   #1956
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

62 60
Hartson is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 04:26 PM   #1957
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Such control and accuracy today. Glorious! What we were worrying about a couple of weeks ago?
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 04:29 PM   #1958
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

32 winners, 9 UEs. She said it's her best match ever. I want to rewatch this match already.

The quality of those winners is just so . Some are just ridiculous. She was hitting them from everywhere. That forehand was especially damaging. She did well in hitting behind Errani. And avoided endless cross court rallies by changing direction of the ball consistently. Well done Simona.
peanuts is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 04:36 PM   #1959
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

As i expected the match vs Kanepi was the toughest for Simona until the semifinal
Hartson is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 04:37 PM   #1960
country flag drg

drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
32 winners, 9 UEs. She said it's her best match ever. I want to rewatch this match already.

The quality of those winners is just so . Some are just ridiculous. She was hitting them from everywhere. That forehand was especially damaging. She did well in hitting behind Errani. And avoided endless cross court rallies by changing direction of the ball consistently. Well done Simona.
she makes all laughing , even the commentator laughed at her winners . She can bring joy .
drg is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 04:40 PM   #1961
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Wim fissette ‏@wimfissette 3m
Proud of my player Simona Halep who just played a great match beating Sara Errani 6/2 6/0 Tomorrow Radwanska or Wickmayer in semi-final Doha

PART-TIME POSTER
NeKo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 04:41 PM   #1962
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
I saw that. Credit to him for that. Some people keep hating till the bitter end, but he was prepared to change his opinion based on the very clear evidence
He's a good tennis commenter but he loves to much the ballbasher style.
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 04:42 PM   #1963
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
He's a good tennis commenter but he loves to much the ballbasher style.
And despite his kind words for Simona now (also on the result thread), the expression "I was wrong" seems to be unknown to him
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 04:43 PM   #1964
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corswandt View Post
there's nothing even remotely spectacular or flairsome about Halep's evidently effective (results don't lie) but pedestrian game. She doesn't hit big, doesn't make much use of touch shots, and will rarely go to the net of her own volition. She doesn't even shift the direction of the ball with the ease that say Zvonareva or Toria did/do.

Her game as a whole can be summed up as one-dimensional, generic baseline grinding, played from relatively far behind the baseline, which limits even further the damage she can cause with her relatively underpowered midpaced rally ball.

Why does she win so much then?

IMO it's down to consistency and playing the percentages. Halep can be extremely consistent since her groundstrokes, though lightweight, are technically sound and will hold fairly well even while under pressure, but above all due to her high % play - her shot placement is quite conservative. She constructs points well with the limited tools she has, not taking many risks and usually going nowhere near the lines. Even against soft hitters, she'll often keep rallies neutral until she sees an opening to attack, and her FH has enough bite to take over the point or even hit a winner. Her serve is good enough to allow her to win quick points with serve + FH combos once a game or so.

In a way, her game works on every surface precisely because it's so generic - her basic technique is good enough to allow her to rally solidly regardless of court speed.

Her main weaknesses are actually due to her defensive limitations. She moves well, but isn't much of a retriever, and doesn't do seemingly impossible gets like Wozniacka or Agatha. This, and her lack of raw power as a whole, makes her quite vulnerable to be blown clean off the court by heavier hitters having a good day, as her results continue to show.

Bottom line, there's no denying the effectiveness of her game, but there are also limitations to what she can achieve with it.
Still, why talk before watching someone play?

PART-TIME POSTER
NeKo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 04:43 PM   #1965
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

She was insanely good today, she just looked so graceful and unflustered. Is that the best she has ever played? I think it does eclipse even her best matches from last year.

Now keep it up Simona. That trophy has your name on it!