Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 128 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2014, 02:30 PM   #1906
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeKo View Post
Niculescu is capable of slicing Simona to death.
What is their H2H?
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 13th, 2014, 02:33 PM   #1907
country flag drg

drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
What is their H2H?
1-0 for Simona but on clay. But is irrelevant from all aspects.
drg is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 02:41 PM   #1908
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
I'm really curious how Simona will handle with Monica in a possible QF .
Only one H2H to go on - 2012 Brussels (clay) Round of 16, Simona beat Moni 6-1 6-1.

BRAZIL 2014
Tall and tan and young and lovely
The girl from Ipanema goes walking
And when she passes, each one she passes
Goes "Aaaah"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJkxFhFRFDA
CheddarChomper is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 02:45 PM   #1909
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeKo View Post
Niculescu is capable of slicing Simona to death.
That sounds so wrong. I think Simona can handle her pace and junk shots but she isn't playing well it seems based on that match against Kaia.
peanuts is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 02:45 PM   #1910

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Monica seems such an unpredictable player anyway. But because she plays so strangely, it's not uncommon for top players to struggle a bit against her. Still, I think it's a somewhat good sign that pre-GOAT Simona beat her so easily, even if it was on clay.
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 02:47 PM   #1911
country flag mido1988

mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold

Actually i prefer playing against Erani ( but first simona wins today )

she is higher ranking than simona and it will be a valuable win

and i'm very curious how simona do against this kind of playing also i think monica game will bother simona

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 02:51 PM   #1912
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
That sounds so wrong. I think Simona can handle her pace and junk shots but she isn't playing well it seems based on that match against Kaia.
I'm not sure, Simona seems off when she is tired or isn't the mood of enjoying her time on court. Niculescu has a consistent defensive game, I'm sure she would be bothered by those slices. But Simona should be the favorite, that's for sure.
“If you’re a human being walking the earth, you’re weird, you’re strange, you’re psychologically challenged" - Phillip Seymour Hoffman
NeKo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 02:54 PM   #1913

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

It might be academic. Errani has just taken the 2nd set.

BRAZIL 2014
Goes "Aaaah"

Old Feb 13th, 2014, 02:59 PM   #1914

Yeah, I think Sara will win it now.
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 03:19 PM   #1915
country flag CristianB8

CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianB8 View Post
It would be something special, but the game isn't over yet, and also Simona has a difficult game with Beck. so let's see what this day brings to us )
I just hate myself when i do that ... but ...
CristianB8 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 03:32 PM   #1916
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of
If errani plays like in the niculescu 3rd set , halep will have a lot of trouble .

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Gallovits-Hall, Bogdan, Dulgheru *

TT-s: #141 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #139 - RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S; Suicide: #80 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #80 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #79
Nightcrawl3r is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 03:36 PM   #1917
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

It will be exciting to see how she behaves tomorrow against Errani, if she wins her match today. Last time against the Italian she barely moved on court.
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 03:39 PM   #1918

I'm off out for the evening so I will miss Simona's match. However, right now, I'm trying to transmit my positive vibes to her across Europe and the Arabian desert.

If she plays like she did against Kanepi then I believe Annika stands little chance. I like Annika a lot - she's a good, scrappy fighter but she's no match for a Simona regaining her spark.

I'll be relying on you lot for full and detailed match reports.

BRAZIL 2014
Goes "Aaaah"

Old Feb 13th, 2014, 04:51 PM   #1919
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

I hope it will be streamed , even if it would move on Court 1 . Because the matches on Central Court are taking like, forever

I would get really pissed off if it will be moved on Court 2/3/4

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Gallovits-Hall, Bogdan, Dulgheru *

TT-s: #141 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #139 - RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S; Suicide: #80 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #80 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #79
Nightcrawl3r is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 04:52 PM   #1920
country flag ILC

ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
You don't think Simona played well? I was very pleased, especially with the top and tail of the match. For the middle half, Kanepi was playing great tennis & Simona's level dropped a little bit (whilst still playing decent tennis). However, Simona managed to stick in there and raise herself again at the end. I agree with stromatolite - it wasn't vintage Simona but, IMO, it was the best she has played this year. Good aggression, really going for her shots (there was some huge hitting finished with lovely winners by both players). Good depth on her groundstrokes and a much better willingness to use angles and go for the lines. All very encouraging. If she can find another 10-15% in her game she will be a big force again. Who knows, that could happen this week ...

PS The switch to centre court is confirmed. Not before 8pm Doha time.
Of course I was pleased , but I compare with time, when sportcaster enthusiastically yelling "unbelievable!! Simona does not make errors at all!"
ILC is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread