Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 126 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2014, 10:07 PM   #1876
country flag drg

drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

another good thing is all the players behind Simona in rankings lost
drg is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 12th, 2014, 10:29 PM   #1877
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

"It was a tough match. Kaia played really well. I'm very tired now!" Halep said. "When she had 5-3 in the third set I think I came back very well - I really tried to stay aggressive and hit the ball, just keep hitting the ball hard, and fighting a lot I think made the difference in the end." - See more at: http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl....qcWjM5jQ.dpuf

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #85 - W: Vero Beach, Astana, Antalya I ('14); TT-d: #96 - W: Astana, Landisville w/ Palin6o, Zawada w/ traddles ('14); RUP: Beinasco, Prague w/ Crux S, Contrexeville ('14);
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven; RUP: Acapulco ('14); FITD: #8 - W: Rome, Baku ('14)
Nightcrawl3r is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 10:36 PM   #1878
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
another good thing is all the players behind Simona in rankings lost
Ooh yeah, I hadn't thought of that. Great opportunity this week for Simona to cement her place in the Top 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
GL against Beck. Hoping for a shorter match at least (in favor of Halep, of course)
I don't want to burst your optimism but Annika took a set off Simona at 'S-Hertogenbosch last year. But yes, a simple, relatively drama-free match would be great!
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 10:48 PM   #1879
country flag Evan86

Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of

She again said that she is tired but I think she just means that it was a though match that required a lot of physical effort to win, not that she feels tired in general. It's part of her usual speech, she really needs to improve her English, working with Fisette should help her a bit with this, because she will have to communicate with him in English
Evan86 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 10:59 PM   #1880

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan86 View Post
She again said that she is tired but I think she just means that it was a though match that required a lot of physical effort to win, not that she feels tired in general. It's part of her usual speech, she really needs to improve her English, working with Fisette should help her a bit with this, because she will have to communicate with him in English
Hopefully she will do what Wim says so that he doesn't have to swear at her! We don't want Simona expanding her stock of swear words for press conferences.
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 11:53 PM   #1881
country flag oliverdescants

oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all

Yay Simona Halep! I didn't see it but it must have been a great win, judging only by the score, and the items above on this thread.
oliverdescants is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 12:59 AM   #1882
country flag ILC

ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all

Dunno what with surface or ball, but looks like underwater.
Everyone hit hard, but effect is not like at New Heaven for example

Or maybe I watched too much indoor tennis these days
ILC is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 01:23 AM   #1883
Tezuka.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

Important win.
Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 03:00 AM   #1884
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Simona
The draw is open. Please go far here

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 04:53 AM   #1885
country flag ILC

ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
go far
You must be kidding, if did not saw, check this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUaQD1JSAEA
Currently not normal aim. Kanepi did everything to lose.
ILC is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 06:35 AM   #1886

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveCats View Post
You must be kidding, if did not saw, check this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUaQD1JSAEA
You don't think Simona played well? I was very pleased, especially with the top and tail of the match. For the middle half, Kanepi was playing great tennis & Simona's level dropped a little bit (whilst still playing decent tennis). However, Simona managed to stick in there and raise herself again at the end. I agree with stromatolite - it wasn't vintage Simona but, IMO, it was the best she has played this year. Good aggression, really going for her shots (there was some huge hitting finished with lovely winners by both players). Good depth on her groundstrokes and a much better willingness to use angles and go for the lines. All very encouraging. If she can find another 10-15% in her game she will be a big force again. Who knows, that could happen this week ...

PS The switch to centre court is confirmed. Not before 8pm Doha time.

Last edited by CheddarChomper : Feb 13th, 2014 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Added schedule details
CheddarChomper is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 10:04 AM   #1887
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveCats View Post
I seriously don't know what you are talking about. Kaia didn't play a great TB, but "did everything to lose" is BS. In any case you can't judge a whole match based on the second half of the final set TB.

It wasn't Simona's best level by any means, but it was a good win and Simona has every right to take confidence from it. As for her chances of winning the tournament, it's not as if there are any players who are in clearly better form atm. All the seeds from 8-16 are already out, and a few of the top seeds struggled against worse players than Kaia.

I wouldn't say that Simona is favorite for the title now by any means, but there is an upward curve in her form and confidence, so of course she has a chance.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 11:23 AM   #1888
country flag CristianB8

CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future

In any tournament the start is harsh
CristianB8 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 12:30 PM   #1889
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madoka View Post
oh Kaia...you are such a choker...loosing against this thing...
Some of the users posting in the GM are just IDIOTS ! I don`t know why I bother reading them...
s0higher is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 12:34 PM   #1890
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
Some of the users posting in the GM are just IDIOTS ! I don`t know why I bother reading them...
Best to ignore most of them. If you respond they will only call you a fanatical Simona fan
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread