Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 110 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2014, 07:53 PM   #1636
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
U forgot to mention she had the biggest amount of matches in the second part of 2013. Simona is not a robot to play everywhere in the beginning of this season
Robot or not robot her main problem in this start of the season is, that she didn't made a good preparation in off season and sees this. Now she has a trainer who i'm sure that she will take her game to another lvl. All i hope is that she will keep a trainer full time and with the hope that she learn someting in this start season and she will not repeat the same thing next off season too, because she can't afford now to behave like a semiprofesionist tennis player.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Eugenie Bouchard,Sabine Lisicki,Maria Sharapova,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Dominika Cibulkova,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 29th, 2014, 07:55 PM   #1637
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
that she didn't made a good preparation in off season and sees this..
Yes. But she has a very relevant excuse for this
Hartson is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 07:59 PM   #1638
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not so worry about this loss she showed sings that she return to her best form. Anyway the main concern should be to perform well on Slams and Pm Mandatory from where she can gather points from earlier rounds.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Eugenie Bouchard,Sabine Lisicki,Maria Sharapova,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Dominika Cibulkova,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 08:08 PM   #1639
country flag DanLovesWTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
Yes. But she has a very relevant excuse for this
You can say that, but is not an excuse. Anyway training in Romania is not a very profesionist job for a TOP 10 player. You don't have condition in winter here to have a productiv preparation. Maybe next off season she will train in a professional environment at an academy. She is new on this lvl and i'm sure that she learn with every mistake that she make. She is a smart girl. Her A game is close to appear in next tournaments. Just wait and see.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 08:51 PM   #1640
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

I guess we all agree that there are some aspects of Simona's tennis environment that need some professional change.

May it be her scheduling or her training conditions. Staying in Dubai for example like most top athletes over the off-season shouldn't be a problem for her now as she is having the results to justify that place and the money as well.

Being a Top 10 player brings a lot more pressure and more responsibility and she might feel this as a burden now.
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 10:38 PM   #1641
country flag Serve2Win

Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
interesting 1st round . in r2 i don't have any doubt , she will win that match . Then is good she avoid Sharapova or even Kerber .
Response:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serve2Win View Post
I am not too sure about that. I just don't have good vibes about this tournament. Everything tells me she'll lose in the first or second round.
I think she should take a break after that long Australian trip. There is not much time since she was in Quarter Final.
I think she is the only Quarter Finalist playing here. Or .... Am I wrong?
Halep has great fans ... and a lousy management team. It's obvious. I hope she gets rid of all of them before they ruin her career.
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 11:08 PM   #1642
country flag CristianB8

CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of CristianB8 has much to be proud of

A good game for Mladenovic but Simona is ,I don't know...a little different?
The defeat itself doesn't count at all, but for her confidence this is pretty bad!
She is awkwardly passive and with a serve that doesn't help her (in fact is pulling her down at certain moments)
it's hard to win against this kind of players on this surface!
Oh well, I really hope she is in bad shape right now and what's best will come in near future!
CristianB8 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 11:10 PM   #1643
country flag Amartolomeu

Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light

great result! exactly what she needed! now Doha really looks affordable! Believe me or not, I was supporting Mladenovic today. If she would have gone further Doha would have been compromised, now she really has to focus and to realize she is not the kind of player to win performing lousy. I just hope that she won't launch into FED Cup and that she will keep Wim. She will really focus in Doha, u know... no taxes That will be our tournament to cheer :P
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 11:16 PM   #1644
country flag Serve2Win

Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartolomeu View Post
great result! exactly what she needed! now Doha really looks affordable!
LOL LOL.. In my book, that's call BAD Management. She doesn't have to go lose her first match in Paris, in order to have time for Doha. ...Geeezzz.. What kind of thinking is that?
No one put a gun to her head to play.
For you to come here and say it's great she lost is unbelievable.

Last edited by Serve2Win : Jan 29th, 2014 at 11:48 PM.
Serve2Win is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 07:11 AM   #1645
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Ok, that was not a good match from Simona, but she didn`t played really bad also. Mladenovic just played her best tennis ever, serving Serena`s style, all those Aces and Winners from all over the court. But I can`t understand ONE thing: Why was she allowed to play a double match and the next day play the single one against Simona ? I mean, the hole idea for the delayed R1 was for Mladenovic to have one more rest day since she played AO Final, not for her to go against Simona with already an official match on the Paris courts. And another thing, how is it possible for an Premier Tournament with only 2 courts to not have Hawk-Eye ?
Like you guys said, she shouldn`t have come to this Tournament, just like I don`t see a good idea for her to play now more than 2-3 games in FED Coup. Maybe this loss is a win for her, now having a little more time to train with her new coach
s0higher is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 10:34 AM   #1646
country flag Amartolomeu

Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
LOL LOL.. In my book, that's call BAD Management. She doesn't have to go lose her first match in Paris, in order to have time for Doha. ...Geeezzz.. What kind of thinking is that?
No one put a gun to her head to play.
You are completely right m8. I was wasted last night. I'll try not to combine booze and posting in the future. :P
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 10:39 AM   #1647
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
100% correct!
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 01:39 PM   #1648
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see the match but it looks to me like 2 bad losses in a row for Simona (last year Simona would have eaten Mladenovic for breakfast).

No need for the idiots in GM to write her off already - it's staggering the number of people there who appear not to have watched her last year, but seem to think they can judge her game on her 2014 performances! However, the only positive spin to put on the 2 defeats would be that hopefully they give Simona a much needed kick up the backside. Who knows, 11 days hard work with Wim before Doha may do wonders for her on-court approach & form.

BRAZIL 2014
Tall and tan and young and lovely
The girl from Ipanema goes walking
And when she passes, each one she passes
Goes "Aaaah"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJkxFhFRFDA

Last edited by CheddarChomper : Jan 30th, 2014 at 01:46 PM.
CheddarChomper is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 01:49 PM   #1649
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Simona is kind. Maladenovic's last top-50 win was one year ago
Hartson is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 01:58 PM   #1650
country flag ILC

ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all

You guys think alot about future.
However, match result is good for Halep, bad for Mladenovic.
Looks like Halep is really bad on fast surfaces and did what she can. Yes, she won grass tournament, but by players's opinion it was slowest grass ever.
So I'm not sure she is in bad shape.
I guess she will show some hardcore on normal hard, after this match.

Or maybe she is just like thos Nadal, likes the sun..

pff, but still errors at atacks... I hope this is just surface and ball bounce

Last edited by ILC : Jan 30th, 2014 at 02:04 PM.
ILC is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread