Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 101 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:37 AM   #1501
country flag Amartolomeu

Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post
but in wta page , the QF of grandslam gives 500 point not 430

see this

http://www.wtatennis.com/players/pla...erena-williams
http://www.wtatennis.com/players/pla...szka-radwanska

this is what made me wrong
see this: http://www.wtatennis.com/all-about-rankings

there are a few little changes since this season
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:41 AM   #1502
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post
but in wta page , the QF of grandslam gives 500 point not 430
Ha.. They changed the ranking point distribution since this season )
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=598809
Hartson is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:44 AM   #1503
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeKo View Post
I don't want her to fire him like Lisicki. He needs time.
I need to believe Simona is smarter then Lisicki it will give some time to this collaboration
s0higher is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:46 AM   #1504
country flag mido1988

mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
Ha.. They changed the ranking point distribution since this season )
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=598809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartolomeu View Post
see this: http://www.wtatennis.com/all-about-rankings

there are a few little changes since this season
ooooh , thanks guys ... i'm very late

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 10:31 AM   #1505
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
I need to believe Simona is smarter then Lisicki it will give some time to this collaboration
Yes, but she also seems to be independent, she likes to take her own decisions. But she is smart indeed and respectful, she knows he has the experience by his side, let's hope they will get along. That's important.
“If you’re a human being walking the earth, you’re weird, you’re strange, you’re psychologically challenged" - Phillip Seymour Hoffman
NeKo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 12:10 PM   #1506
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

^^Well, you see... this is where Simona might get ahead of herself in thinking that she has all the answers and don`t needs anyone advice. And let`s face facts: 2013 - Simona without a coach, was terrible(of course she was injured) - Simona with mr. Mlendea and mr. Marcu, was outstanding. 2014 - Simona without a coach - mehhh. Yes she did QF at Australian Open but without any game plan, without any real opponents and with a number of UE that reminded me about the player she was before ROME. She is a smart girl, but even Federer needs guidance on tour, so she should get over this "shitty" beginning of the year and start over, but always with a coach by her side
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 09:45 PM   #1507
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Kerber withdrew from Paris so Halep will have a BYE in the 1st round (being the 4th seed)

I am waiting more anxious for Doha than this but of course I hope she gives a good performance in Paris (+Fed Cup) also. And I hope to see her game progress more and more, step by step. GL

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Gallovits-Hall, Bogdan, Dulgheru *

TT-s: #141 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #139 - RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S; Suicide: #80 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #80 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #79
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 10:07 PM   #1508
country flag Laur0707

Laur0707 is just really nice Laur0707 is just really nice Laur0707 is just really nice Laur0707 is just really nice Laur0707 is just really nice Laur0707 is just really nice Laur0707 is just really nice Laur0707 is just really nice Laur0707 is just really nice Laur0707 is just really nice Laur0707 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
Kerber withdrew from Paris so Halep will have a BYE in the 1st round (being the 4th seed)

I am waiting more anxious for Doha than this but of course I hope she gives a good performance in Paris (+Fed Cup) also. And I hope to see her game progress more and more, step by step. GL

Good news . What's the source? On the official website Kerber is still listed.
Laur0707 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 10:24 PM   #1509
country flag Serve2Win

Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future

I think she should not play Paris.
She has a coach she has never met before.
Take the week off. Get to know your coach. Spend time on the practice court.... talk about your game. Go over some videos.. you can even skip the next week, doing the same thing ... and resting... then start playing again. There is no rush going from a slam to a tournament the following week when you are making such a big changes on your team. You are now a top-10. Don't keep doing the junior things. Take time off between tournaments.
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 12:45 AM   #1510
country flag ILC

ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all

If she read this thread, she does not need coach at all.
All good tips here.
ILC is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 03:59 AM   #1511
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serve2Win View Post
I think she should not play Paris.
I agree. To play Paris right after Australia. Only if she had had a bad result down under. It would be better to prepare well for the FedCup, Doha and Dubai
Hartson is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 06:19 AM   #1512
country flag ILC

ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
I agree. To play Paris right after Australia. Only if she had had a bad result down under. It would be better to prepare well for the FedCup, Doha and Dubai
u never wanted revanche after lose? i'm sure if there could possible, she would requested rematch with Cibulkova on next day
ILC is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 06:28 AM   #1513
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
^^Well, you see... this is where Simona might get ahead of herself in thinking that she has all the answers and don`t needs anyone advice. And let`s face facts: 2013 - Simona without a coach, was terrible(of course she was injured) - Simona with mr. Mlendea and mr. Marcu, was outstanding. 2014 - Simona without a coach - mehhh. Yes she did QF at Australian Open but without any game plan, without any real opponents and with a number of UE that reminded me about the player she was before ROME. She is a smart girl, but even Federer needs guidance on tour, so she should get over this "shitty" beginning of the year and start over, but always with a coach by her side
I'm not convinced that playing without a coach was that much of a factor for Simona at the AO. She was low on confidence and form. There is relatively little a coach can do about those things during a slam. Simona didn't forget how to play tennis during the off season, but like all players she became rusty. She then made the silly decision to play Sydney as her only warm-up event and paid the price.

In any case I certainly hope you are not right that she is so dependent on her coach that her game falls apart without one. She is about to embark on a relationship with a coach who she's never even met, much less worked with. The chances that Fissette can magically transform her back into the great player she was last year seems minimal, in the short term at least.

Fortunately I think she never stopped being that great player. She just needs some more matches and her touch will come back.
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 07:48 PM   #1514
country flag Evan86

Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
I'm not convinced that playing without a coach was that much of a factor for Simona at the AO. She was low on confidence and form. There is relatively little a coach can do about those things during a slam. Simona didn't forget how to play tennis during the off season, but like all players she became rusty. She then made the silly decision to play Sydney as her only warm-up event and paid the price.

In any case I certainly hope you are not right that she is so dependent on her coach that her game falls apart without one. She is about to embark on a relationship with a coach who she's never even met, much less worked with. The chances that Fissette can magically transform her back into the great player she was last year seems minimal, in the short term at least.

Fortunately I think she never stopped being that great player. She just needs some more matches and her touch will come back.
Spot on, as always!
Evan86 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 06:12 AM   #1515
country flag s0higher

stromatolite, the facts are as I posted them, and don`t know if Simona is coach depended, but I definitely think a coach can help your confidence (as Simona said after her game with Domi, she was nervous). Maybe is just me, but if mr. Marcu or Mlendea were with here in AO she had passed Cibulkova
Closed Thread