70+ match wins in a single season? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 07:22 AM   #16
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 70+ match wins in a single season?

Stats:

Martina Hingis
1997 (71 match wins) 17 events (+2 fed cup ties), 13 finals 12 titles 71-5
1999 (71 match wins) 20 events, 13 finals 7 titles, 71-13
2000 (77 match wins) 20 events, 12 final 9 titles, 77-10

Kim Clijsters
2003 (90 match wins) 21 events (+2 fed cup ties), 15 finals 9 titles, 90-12

Justine Henin
2003 (75 match wins) 18 events (+2 fed cup ties), 11 finals 8 titles, 75-11

Jelena Jankovic
2007 (72 match wins) 28 events, 8 finals 4 titles, 72-25 (1 W/O and 0-3 in YEC)

Serena Williams?
2013 (70 match wins) 14 events, 11 finals 9 titles, 70-4
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 07:30 AM   #17
country flag hien88

hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light

28 events
hien88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 07:34 AM   #18
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdegreen View Post
Clijsters!, yeah totaly...

I remember 2007, JJ had 50 wins until RG, or with RG, and it was a first time a player had that much since Chris Evert in 70s. Then she kind of slowed down and played just a tournament per week, insted of three simultaneously...
She played 15 events with RG, and she only had 43 wins haha. She achieved her 50 win at 'S-HERTOGENBOSCH her 17 event, she was 50-12 when she got to 50 wins.
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 08:14 AM   #19
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Nice, nice....
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
17 majors:5255

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 08:15 AM   #20
country flag verdegreen

verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
She played 15 events with RG, and she only had 43 wins haha. She achieved her 50 win at 'S-HERTOGENBOSCH her 17 event, she was 50-12 when she got to 50 wins.
Then i confused it with Wimbledon. I know it was in forst half of the year anyway.

Volture JJ

Also, she ended her season with 6 match losing streak, In her best 16 results she was 60-12

ERIĆ*JOKIĆ*JOROVIĆ
IVANOVIĆ*JOVANOVSKI*JAKŠIĆ

KVITOVA*DATE-KRUM*PETKOVIĆ*MLADENOVIĆ*LI

NETTENIS.ORG

Last edited by verdegreen : Oct 3rd, 2013 at 08:23 AM.
verdegreen is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 08:36 AM   #21
country flag kangwoo
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerenaWilliams View Post
Hingis '97: 71-5
Hingis '99: 71-13
Hingis '00: 77-10
Clijsters: 90-12
Henin: 75-11
Jankovic: 72-25

Hingis' '97

jj 07 ala cowoz past present future...tournies whor3 for points
erratic, vinci has learnt from cowoz

KVITOVA
WIMBLEDON , YEC 2011 CHAMPION

AZARENKA
AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2012 & 2013 CHAMPION
kangwoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 08:45 AM   #22
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

In WTA you can find a lot players who prefer to play tournaments than train.
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze

Last edited by Miracle Worker : Oct 3rd, 2013 at 10:10 AM.
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 08:49 AM   #23
country flag dencod16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle Worker View Post
In WTA you can find a lot players who prefers to play tournamens than train.
Benoit Paire begs to argue.
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 09:05 AM   #24
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
Stats:

Martina Hingis
1997 (71 match wins) 17 events (+2 fed cup ties), 13 finals 12 titles 71-5
1999 (71 match wins) 20 events, 13 finals 7 titles, 71-13
2000 (77 match wins) 20 events, 12 final 9 titles, 77-10

Kim Clijsters
2003 (90 match wins) 21 events (+2 fed cup ties), 15 finals 9 titles, 90-12

Justine Henin
2003 (75 match wins) 18 events (+2 fed cup ties), 11 finals 8 titles, 75-11

Jelena Jankovic
2007 (72 match wins) 28 events, 8 finals 4 titles, 72-25 (1 W/O and 0-3 in YEC)

Serena Williams?
2013 (70 match wins) 14 events, 11 finals 9 titles, 70-4
I mean good for Jelena but she's not in the same league as the other players. She doesn't even have a GS final, let alone win in 2007. So those stats are pretty empty when you look at the whole picture. Of almost 30 events, she only made 8 finals so she had less than 30%chance of making the final and when she made the final, she had 50% success rate.
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 10:30 AM   #25
country flag JJ Expres

JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
I mean good for Jelena but she's not in the same league as the other players. She doesn't even have a GS final, let alone win in 2007. So those stats are pretty empty when you look at the whole picture. Of almost 30 events, she only made 8 finals so she had less than 30%chance of making the final and when she made the final, she had 50% success rate.
Who said she was in the same league as others?
She just scored 70+ wins in one season that's why she is on the list.
JJ Expres is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 10:31 AM   #26
country flag Silent Bird

Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute

What about the ITF (Challengers/Futures etc.) stats?
Silent Bird is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 11:56 AM   #27
country flag RenaSlam.

RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute

Tourney whore Empress
__W00.01.05.07.08__USO00.01__

Step.
RenaSlam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 12:01 PM   #28
country flag Lin Lin

Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute

Can Serena make it 78-4 this year?

No Fed Cup this year??
豆豆
雪雪
Lin Lin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 12:17 PM   #29
country flag hingis-seles

hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute
Hingis was 75-5 in 1997.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 12:25 PM   #30
country flag GameSetJJ
Delusional Jankobitch

GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
Contrary to casual fans, Jankovic did actually win a slam in 2007

Bartoli Li Serena
GameSetJJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote