Vika 2014 Schedule Thread - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 26th, 2014, 01:26 PM   #46
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vika 2014 Schedule Thread

If she could dodge Montreal, I'd almost rather her play Washington D.C. She'd be in similar conditions to New York and it's a smaller event and she could really use some vulture points.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2014, 02:34 PM   #47
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

She needs to vulture this US Hard court season

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 03:20 PM   #48
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
If she could dodge Montreal, I'd almost rather her play Washington D.C. She'd be in similar conditions to New York and it's a smaller event and she could really use some vulture points.
It's not worth the fines though. She'd get nailed since she missed it last year, and she's already missed the first two P5s of the year and is potentially skipping Wuhan. I guess Montreal/Cincinnati and then New Haven if needed is a fine schedule. Just annoying about Istanbul. In a selfish way I'd like to see her back in Baku, but that would just be ludicrous on all levels .
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 05:33 PM   #49
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

She absolutely has to and should play Montreal imo.

For Jimmie's sake also .

But seriously there is nothing wrong with Montreal and Cincinnati schedule providing she gets some wins.
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 07:35 PM   #50

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Do we know her post US Open/fall schedule yet? She could definitely vulture the fall.
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 09:04 PM   #51
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
I think she wants to play Tokyo, but the WTA will want her to play Wuhan and Beijing. I doubt she'll play more than two of those there unless the US Open is a shitshow.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 09:38 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
I think she wants to play Tokyo, but the WTA will want her to play Wuhan and Beijing. I doubt she'll play more than two of those there unless the US Open is a shitshow.

True, if she fails to get to the quarters or better I can see her playing one of the smaller tournaments. Linz, Luxembourg, or Moscow would be perfect for cheap points.
Old Jun 27th, 2014, 01:44 AM   #53
country flag iGOAT

Hopefully. I thought she should've last year, but this year burnout shouldn't be an issue.

Old Jun 27th, 2014, 12:42 PM   #54
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.rogerscup.com/

Vika with her old archrival and her new selfie/practice bud...

Last edited by Exordes : Jul 7th, 2014 at 09:04 AM.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2014, 01:03 PM   #55

#teamvika is such a superior fanbase name compared to the other two.
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 05:48 PM   #56
country flag iGOAT

Even though it means three weeks in a row and she probably doesn't care about rankings, I really think Vika should enter Stanford. Carlsbad points are coming off that week and she still needs matches to get into form, so she could easily lose early in Montreal and/or Cincinnati and then would have a pretty disastrous US Open seeding. Maybe even Washington DC would be smart.
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 06:08 PM   #57
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
Even though it means three weeks in a row and she probably doesn't care about rankings, I really think Vika should enter Stanford. Carlsbad points are coming off that week and she still needs matches to get into form, so she could easily lose early in Montreal and/or Cincinnati and then would have a pretty disastrous US Open seeding. Maybe even Washington DC would be smart.
I agree she should enter stanford. It's close to where she lives, if she wins her matches easily it's not too tiring, if she has a couple of close ones she can put a bandage on her leg and go on to Canada.

A few hundred ranking points aren't a big issue as she'll back herself to beat whoever she faces in New York, and she won't have a "real" ranking until sometime next year.

But Stanford will be good matchplay, and I'm sure she'd rather play matches than slog it out on the practice court.
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 01:36 PM   #58
country flag MrPitiful

MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all

So I asked Sam about Vika's scheduling and the possibility of her playing smaller tournament like Serena is doing and that was his answer:

Quote:
@SamSumyk: @PleeNeeOh We wish but it's difficult to enter International tournaments last minute.
MrPitiful is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 01:44 PM   #59
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

She can play one International per six months though.

Vika, I heard Linz or Luxembourg is nice

Oh yeah and she'll definitely pull out of Montreal...it's inevitable

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:32 PM   #60

At least we know she wants to play (and that Sam does as well). The old fall indoor tournaments (Linz, Luxembourg, Moscow) are really good tournaments and I hope she can enter one of those.