Vika 2014 Schedule Thread - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 26th, 2014, 10:05 PM   #31
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vika 2014 Schedule Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
According to the tournament sub-forum Vika wants to play Tokyo. It's not THAT surprising as she needs another Premier and seems to really like that tournament, but I thought she wanted more of a break after the US Open after last year.
Yes, maybe it's wait and see how she feels at the time. I don't see her playing all of Tokyo, Wuhan and Beijing.

That's so far ahead right now, it will really be dependent on how she is feeling at the time, and what happens in the summer.
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2014, 01:29 AM   #32
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
I imagine she'll skip Wuhan, although that could mean a severe penalty after already missing Doha and Rome, so maybe not.

Right now I'm hoping we'll see her on grass but it seems doubtful right now.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 07:45 PM   #33
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

She needs to get in shape and back on the court at 100% ASAP. Halep/Bouchard and Errani likely battling out a French Open final. F****** s***. Unbelievable. That AO threepreat was there for the taking, Wimbledon last year and now this. If Vika didn´t have the worst timing on the planet, she´d probably have four or five majors by now. Already wasted the Sunshine Dark Ages period and now this....
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 02:45 PM   #34
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
She needs to get in shape and back on the court at 100% ASAP. Halep/Bouchard and Errani likely battling out a French Open final. F****** s***. Unbelievable. That AO threepreat was there for the taking, Wimbledon last year and now this. If Vika didn´t have the worst timing on the planet, she´d probably have four or five majors by now. Already wasted the Sunshine Dark Ages period and now this....
I'm not thinking like that. It'd just make me sad.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 05:22 PM   #35
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

We don't yet know whether she is really practicing, or if she just hit a bit today (although she made it sound like she was playing pretty hard) but if she is back practicing, I'd love her to play Birmingham. It gives about two weeks to practice and then if she can play well that's great but even if it ends up like Indian Wells it gives her almost another two weeks to gauge things before Wimbledon.
Old May 30th, 2014, 07:57 AM   #36
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

I'd love her to play Birmingham so I could see her but I think it's much more likely she'll stay in switzerland until the week before wimbledon working on technical and physical stuff. It's probably better for her to fine tune her game indoors than come to the UK and dodge the rain waiting for matches or practice courts.

I'm not sure, but I think she also has to go back to Minsk to get a UK visa.
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 08:02 PM   #37
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

After today's match there has been some talk about Vika's schedule after Wimbledon and before the US Open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
WTT is usually former players, many of the Hall of Famers, mid ranked players(you're 50-150 ranged) and then the current stars (Vika would be the current star). It's competitive but it's very rapid (no ad scoring) but it's not as intense as regular matches. That said, it's still additional practice in match conditions without pressure and any little bit should help.

I found this advertisement about upcoming matches:

http://freedomstix.ticketfly.com/eve...oms-villanova/

Besides Vika other well-known WTT players in this season include Martina Hingis, Venus Williams, Marion Bartoli, Daniela Hantuchova, Bob Bryant, Mike Bryant, Andy Roddick and James Blake.

As we know the first event on the 2014 US Open Series will take place in Stanford between 28 July and 3 August 2014.

Before that there will be two WTA International hard court tournaments, Istanbul Cup (July 14 - July 20) and Baku Cup (July 21 - July 27), but they seem quite unlike options at the moment.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 03:16 AM   #38
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

I think she'll start her campaign from Stanford!

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 04:26 AM   #39
country flag iGOAT

Stanford/Montreal/Cincinnati back-to-back would be too much. I think Istanbul is a perfect tournament for her to play, but I'd be completely shocked if she actually does. If Montreal and Cincinnati are shitfests then she can enter New Haven, which usually doesn't have a super tough draw.
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 08:53 AM   #40
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

She can't play Istanbul unless there is some kind of WTA rulebook loophole. It already has a top 10 player.

This is where the WTA calendar really sucks. There is nowhere Vika can play on hard court except Baku, which is in 40 degrees.

With that in mind it's almost certain we won't see her again until Montreal. Though supposedly World Team Tennis is streamed on ESPN 3 this year.
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 11:03 AM   #41
country flag Royalfox

Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all

So after all your Discussion , what is her next destination ?
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 11:15 AM   #42
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalfox View Post
So after all your Discussion , what is her next destination ?
Montreal. 4th-10th August.
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 11:26 AM   #43
country flag Royalfox

Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all Royalfox is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Montreal. 4th-10th August.
Do u have a source or link for that ?
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 12:47 PM   #44
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalfox View Post
Do u have a source or link for that ?
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....90&postcount=1.
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 01:16 PM   #45
country flag iGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
She can't play Istanbul unless there is some kind of WTA rulebook loophole. It already has a top 10 player.

This is where the WTA calendar really sucks. There is nowhere Vika can play on hard court except Baku, which is in 40 degrees.

With that in mind it's almost certain we won't see her again until Montreal. Though supposedly World Team Tennis is streamed on ESPN 3 this year.
Oh and of course it's fucking Sunshine who shouldn't have even been in the top ten . Yeah that does suck about the calendar, but she definitely shouldn't play Baku .