Ahhhhhh - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 12th, 2003, 02:48 PM   #1
Serendy Willick

Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of
Ahhhhhh

I am soooooo tired of people who want to slag Serena's accomplishments off just because she is Venus little sister. The excuses have been flowing since Serena started beating Venus on a regular basis in Miami of last year. "Venus didnt show up", "Serena plays all of the tier twos", and the best one of all, "Serena has a contract comming up, and Vee is helping her out", what a bunch of BS. Its obviously apparent that it doesnt sit well with some that Serena is number one and Venus number two. What they envisioned as number one and two was Serena being a sideshow to Venus. They expected Serena to just blow out Venus's competition and then get blown out by Venus in the finals. I am so glad that Serena has proved them wrong. Now dont get me wrong, this is not a hate Venus post, I love Venus, shes a great player, but I have a very hard time feeling sorry for her when she just sits at home and not defends her points. If she doesnt bother defending her points in tournements, then people are going to overtake her in the rankings, simple as that. I suspect that at the end of her career, people will still find lame excuses to not give Serena J. Williams the props that she deserves as a professional and a tennis player. Heck, if the wins and slams keep comming they are the only ones in the end that will look stupid.
Serendy Willick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 12th, 2003, 03:31 PM   #2
country flag Cariaoke
Team WTAworld

Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute
I completely understand your frustration but I kind of knew this would happen. I just wish Venus-only fans and Serena-only fans will stop trying to build their fave up by knocking the other one down. It's really petty and immature. There's enough non-fans tearing them down, making snide comments about their outfits, hair, BLACK FEATURES period that you'd think some of these people would wise up. (I've been lurking for awhile )

I believe, especially at AO '03, they both go out there fighting hard but Serena is clearly on another level. I think it's great because they really are each other's measuring stick. It's Venus' turn to bring it. I can't wait.

"I believe in being polite, you know. In life, the elevator goes both ways, up and down."
-- Roger Federer

like my av? want one like it?
Cariaoke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 04:27 PM   #3
Rae Q.

Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cariosity
I completely understand your frustration but I kind of knew this would happen. I just wish Venus-only fans and Serena-only fans will stop trying to build their fave up by knocking the other one down. It's really petty and immature. There's enough non-fans tearing them down, making snide comments about their outfits, hair, BLACK FEATURES period that you'd think some of these people would wise up. (I've been lurking for awhile )

I believe, especially at AO '03, they both go out there fighting hard but Serena is clearly on another level. I think it's great because they really are each other's measuring stick. It's Venus' turn to bring it. I can't wait.
Hi! I don't really think the Venus fans are doing that but I tell ya it's a lonely sometimes because I totally feel that there are more Venus fans than Serena fans and also that fans of this board other players seem to always root for Venus.

Yeah the Australian final was awesome and Venus could've won but Serena wasn't going out like that.
Rae Q. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 05:19 PM   #4
Serendy Willick

Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae Q.
Hi! I don't really think the Venus fans are doing that but I tell ya it's a lonely sometimes because I totally feel that there are more Venus fans than Serena fans and also that fans of this board other players seem to always root for Venus.

Yeah the Australian final was awesome and Venus could've won but Serena wasn't going out like that.

Thats because they are only Serenas "fans" when Serena is losing.
Serendy Willick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 05:34 PM   #5
country flag Mr. Man

Mr. Man has disabled reputation
Quote:
I don't really think the Venus fans are doing that but I tell ya it's a lonely sometimes
Then please don't visit VenusSerenafans.com.

Venus & Serena: "You are my everything."

- Official Duke of the Royal Court -
Mr. Man is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 05:52 PM   #6
country flag Cariaoke
Team WTAworld

Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man
*cough* what he said.
there are some out there, believe it or not.

"I believe in being polite, you know. In life, the elevator goes both ways, up and down."
-- Roger Federer

Old Mar 13th, 2003, 03:49 PM   #7
Rae Q.

Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Hey thanks!! That's a nice site and I got this great pic from there.

It doesn't seem like tons of ppl post there but I'm gonna join any way.
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 04:53 PM   #8
country flag Cariaoke
Team WTAworld

good luck, Rae.

C'mon Serena defend your title! Any one of them from 2002, please? ;D

-- Roger Federer

Old Mar 13th, 2003, 06:22 PM   #9
country flag Mr. Man

Quote:
It doesn't seem like tons of ppl post there but I'm gonna join any way.
Yeah, That board is dead. But It's always fun to steal articles and pictures from there.

Last edited by Mr. Man : Mar 13th, 2003 at 07:16 PM. Reason: m
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 07:48 PM   #10
country flag Venus Forever
Team WTAworld

Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of
They ain't dead. It's just most of them are busy and have lives.

Good Luck: RENA, MATTEK, HAYNES, GULLICKSON, HARKLEROAD, RUBIN, GRANVILLE, LEE-WATERS, SCHNYDER, JACKSON, PERRY, KING, SUGIYAMA, PIERCE, TULYAGANOVA, IVANOVIC, KUZNETSOVA, MOLIK, DANIILIDOU, MEDINA GARRIGUES, PETROVA, PENNETTA, GOLOVIN, PEER, LI, SCHIAVONE, RAZZANO, ZVONAREVA, SPREM, SREBOTNIK, VINCI, & SAFINA
Venus Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 08:47 PM   #11
country flag Cariaoke
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Yeah, That board is dead. But It's always fun to steal articles and pictures from there.
thief! I'm going to call you robin hood then.

-- Roger Federer

Old Mar 13th, 2003, 09:33 PM   #12
country flag Mr. Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNuS FoReVeR
:gag:

Old Mar 14th, 2003, 04:08 PM   #13
Rae Q.

Quote:
Lol! Why is it so dead? Has it been around a long time or what? The only site I remember for Serena and Venus was williams.org but it's been closed for the longest.

Hey Cariosity!
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 04:10 PM   #14
Rae Q.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNuS FoReVeR
Hey everyone's busy and has lives here but they still find time to post.
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 07:49 PM   #15
mentos

mentos is a name known to all mentos is a name known to all mentos is a name known to all mentos is a name known to all mentos is a name known to all mentos is a name known to all mentos is a name known to all mentos is a name known to all mentos is a name known to all mentos is a name known to all mentos is a name known to all
Quote:
Why is it so dead? Has it been around a long time or what? The only site I remember for Serena and Venus was williams.org but it's been closed for the longest.
There was a cyberspace “civil” war over there, Rae Q.
One guess as to when it began?
That’s right—when Serena started beating Venus; let me rephrase that, when Venus started feeling guilty about defeating baby sis and decided, out of the goodness of her ever so generous heart, to allow Serena to beat her an unprecedented three (at the time) finals in a row. I’m overstating this a bit, but it’s for affect, bear with me!
The vets know to what I’m referring, cause many of them now post here and elsewhere too—hi cari! Love ya babe!
So there’s the condensed version of the venusserenafans.com conflict, Rae Q.
Later!
In Your Sisters' Name
mentos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote