2002 Australian Hardcourt Junior Championships - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 07:40 PM   #46
country flag ~SunFlower~

~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future
Oh my god! Thanks so much Eggy for posting the results!! I am soooooooooooooooooooooo HAPPPY! OH my! MY! I am GOING NUTS!!! Very very nervous for the final!

Too bad that Vera didn't win as Eggy wanted. But hey they are the future stars! We proud of them, aren't we?

<font size=5><i>MARIA! MARIA! MARIA! DO YOUR BEST IN THE FINAL AND WIN!! WIN THIS TOURNAMENT! Go Eggy, go and watch the final and cheer for MARIA only if you want!</font></b>
~SunFlower~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 08:06 PM   #47
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
They have played more than twice

1999 Eddie Herr Champs U14
Myriam bt Maria 7-6(5) 7-5

2000 Orange Bowl U16 in QF
Myriam bt Maria 2-6 7-5 6-2

Not sure where Maria won her meet though but I'm pretty sure she did win once.
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2002, 02:03 AM   #48
srg1

srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all
To Eggy

Eggy,

Did you watch the Sharapova match? If so, could you please break down her tennis game for us. Serve, groundstrokes, etc.

Thanks!
srg1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2002, 05:01 AM   #49
country flag Randy H
Moderator - Juniors

Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute
nice win for Masha, hope she can pick up the title now

too bad for Matea
Randy H is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2002, 02:42 PM   #50

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Final result

but its not good

Myriam Casanova d. <font color=red>Maria Sharapova </font> 6-1 6-4

Not another beating by Myriam, poor Masha right from the start Myriam punished her and was all over her, she must have been twice her size.

Masha never recovered really and also went down an early break in 2nd set but tried to fight on but Myriam was just too powerful.

But Myriam is two years older than Masha.
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
Old Jan 19th, 2002, 05:54 PM   #51
country flag Martian KC

Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Unseeded Maria Sharapova will be up against Myriam Casanova (5) to vie for the girl's title. The only time they played previously was a little over a year ago in Maria's own backyard at the the IMG Academy in Florida where the Eddie Herr International is staged. Maria defeated Myriam there in two close sets for the Girls 16 title.
Here is where Maria had beat her. But not this time! CONGRATS MYRIAM!!!! Who won in doubles, Eggy?
[Svetlana Kuznetsova] [Ai Sugiyama] [Su-Wei Hsieh] [Gisela Dulko]

[Maja Matezvic] [Karolina Sprem] [Eleni Daniilidou] [Maria Kirilenko] [Jelena Jankovic]
[Tathiana Garbin] [Timea Bacsinszky] [Kaia Kanepi] [Na Li] [Vera Douchevina]

The Pompous Member Of The Justine Philistines' Society™
Martian 4 Life
Martian KC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2002, 07:10 PM   #52

KC ..... I didn't stay for doubles as this finished around midday. I wanted to get across to see Elena but had to wait until 4pm thanx to 3 setters

Junior tennis will do it soon i think

I totally forgot about that Eddie Herr, i knew it was a big champs
Old Jan 19th, 2002, 07:55 PM   #53
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Poor Maria! She was playing so well. Only to get crushed by Myriam Casanova, the Russian wrecking ball!

Eggy, not only does Maria give up about 2 years in age and experience, but according the ITF junior bios, Maria, who is listed as an inch taller than Myriam, amazingly gives up nearly 50 pounds in weight. unfortunately, a lack of size will probably be Maria's biggest problem on the WTA tour. But I'm hoping her talent can overcome her lack of weight.

Congrats to Myriam. She dominated eveyone. And she was playing doubles, too. Eggy, Myriam really dominates the junior Russian girls. But she won't have so easy when she joins the WTA tour. I can't see her beating Dementieva, Kournikova, Petrova and Krasnoroutskaya. Can you?
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2002, 09:13 PM   #54
country flag Martian KC

Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute
LOL! I forgot the fact that Myriam LOVES playing against Russians.

The Casanovas lost 6-3 4-6 1-6! Congrats to Elke and Tatiana...though.
[Svetlana Kuznetsova] [Ai Sugiyama] [Su-Wei Hsieh] [Gisela Dulko]

[Maja Matezvic] [Karolina Sprem] [Eleni Daniilidou] [Maria Kirilenko] [Jelena Jankovic]
[Tathiana Garbin] [Timea Bacsinszky] [Kaia Kanepi] [Na Li] [Vera Douchevina]

The Pompous Member Of The Justine Philistines' Society™
Martian 4 Life
Martian KC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2002, 09:35 PM   #55
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Congrats to Myriam C!
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2002, 09:47 PM   #56
Vanity
Team WTAworld

Vanity is an unknown quantity at this point Vanity is an unknown quantity at this point
Congratulations to Myriam Casanova!!
Vanity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2002, 01:48 AM   #57
country flag Randy H
Moderator - Juniors

Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute
oh no, too bad Masha nice week though
Randy H is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote