Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7 - Page 97 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 14th, 2014, 07:26 PM   #1441
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7

So unfortunate Caroline had to withdraw from Rome

Out of form, now problems with injury. And French Open coming soon ...

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2014, 08:22 PM   #1442
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
So unfortunate Caroline had to withdraw from Rome

Out of form, now problems with injury. And French Open coming soon ...
I think taking a break this time of year is the right thing to do.
Caroline is a noncontender at these clay premiers, and she needs her health and energy for the hard court season after Wimbledon.
For Caroline to get relevant again will take a lot of work and focus, but it wont happen on clay.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 08:23 PM   #1443
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I would love too see her healthy for Wimbledon and making an deep run there
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 09:14 PM   #1444
country flag adamserenavenus

adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold

Caroline should take a wildcard into Strasbourg
adamserenavenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 03:19 AM   #1445
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

She cant take WC's to Intls.
I dont know why she would wreck her career like she's done.
Makes no sense.
All the really good players who didnt win a major, like Dementieva, Jankovic, Safina, Zvonareva and Wozniacki.. they cant hold serve. When Caroline was one point from the AO final against Li, she was broken 6 of 7 times.
Thats what she needed to work on, her serve. She still needs to work on it. She needs to study her motion and patterns when she served well in the past.
But instead she wrecked her forehand, made it an inconsistent mess. Thats where she is now.
No serve, not steady, does nothing at majors, or anywhere else.

Old May 15th, 2014, 05:20 PM   #1446
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not too optimistic anymore. I guess it's a good thing that some of us are disappointed, because being disappointed means that we still think she's capable of much more than she's achieved the last couple of years. But her competitive mindset is gone. She's content with life and doesn't seem hungry. She doesn't have the willpoweer and determination of Maria or Serena (anymore!).

I could be wrong, of course. It's just my interpretation.

But we must not forget that she's still quite good by most standards: Next Monday will be her consecutive week no. 300 in the top 20! Higher ranked players like Li Na, Kerber, Pennetta, Errani, Cibulkova or Suarez Navarro, who all have longer careers than Caroline are nowhere near those figures. Caro has been very lucky healthwise. To be able to stay in the top 20 for almost 6 years since she was 18 years old (and less than two months) is quite an achievement! Congrats with the "anniversary".
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 05:42 PM   #1447
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
I'm not too optimistic anymore. I guess it's a good thing that some of us are disappointed, because being disappointed means that we still think she's capable of much more than she's achieved the last couple of years. But her competitive mindset is gone. She's content with life and doesn't seem hungry. She doesn't have the willpoweer and determination of Maria or Serena (anymore!).

I could be wrong, of course. It's just my interpretation.

But we must not forget that she's still quite good by most standards: Next Monday will be her consecutive week no. 300 in the top 20! Higher ranked players like Li Na, Kerber, Pennetta, Errani, Cibulkova or Suarez Navarro, who all have longer careers than Caroline are nowhere near those figures. Caro has been very lucky healthwise. To be able to stay in the top 20 for almost 6 years since she was 18 years old (and less than two months) is quite an achievement! Congrats with the "anniversary".
I feel the same way! I've always thought and believed that she is capable of more, that's why I often got angry at her in those last 3 years! But now I feel like I have accepted and realized that Caro 2009-2011 and Caro 2012-now is different player and person and that her tennis career is coming to an end but it doesn't mean I will stop supporting her! I'm a Caro-fan till the end!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 05:45 PM   #1448
country flag goldenlox

If its true she's getting married in August, right before the US Open, then it probably is the end of her career.
If she doesnt want to put in full effort, its probably better for her to retire totally.
I think the last 2 years have hurt how she will be remembered.
As I've said before, Kournikova was grouped with Hingis, Serena & Venus when she was 16, 17.. and by age 20, until now, people talk like she was a model who wasnt any good at tennis.

So the media can make a very good player, a semifinalist at Wimbledon & YEC and Miami finalist, seem she's incompetent.
So I think Caro is better off retired than more years like the last 2

Old May 15th, 2014, 08:12 PM   #1449
country flag Blackowl_1

Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all

Skipping RG may be a good decision,since she played 2 matches on clay.But knowing Piotr,he will make her play like at 2010 RG Maybe she will suprise us,but if she's healthy,i expect her to reach 3rd round.Can she play Birmingham?
Old May 15th, 2014, 08:50 PM   #1450
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

She can play Birmingham who is now a Premier Event.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 09:36 PM   #1451
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackowl_1 View Post
Skipping RG may be a good decision,since she played 2 matches on clay.But knowing Piotr,he will make her play like at 2010 RG Maybe she will suprise us,but if she's healthy,i expect her to reach 3rd round.Can she play Birmingham?
What does that mean?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 09:46 PM   #1452
country flag Blackowl_1

Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
What does that mean?
Well remember the 2010 clay court swing? Caro had an ankle injury,and it was clear that she couldn't play but she was playing all her tournaments,and i think that Piotr forced her to play...i mean she was 20 then and he was in charge of everything
Old May 15th, 2014, 11:24 PM   #1453
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackowl_1 View Post
Well remember the 2010 clay court swing? Caro had an ankle injury,and it was clear that she couldn't play but she was playing all her tournaments,and i think that Piotr forced her to play...i mean she was 20 then and he was in charge of everything

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 11:34 PM   #1454
country flag adamserenavenus

adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold

Caroline has entered Eastbourne
adamserenavenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2014, 10:45 PM   #1455
country flag goldenlox

When was the last time she played a match without Rory in her life? Around French Open 2011?
It will be interesting to see what happens now. Its like part 3 in her career.
There was the rise to #1 and staying there.
The downfall during the Rory relationship.
This is the next era.